Back from Team Universe

Well folks …

T-Nation’s Kiyoshi Moody won the light heavyweight class!

T-Nation’s Jelena Abbou is a knockout!

Tim Martin won the overall bodybuilding show.

In all, it was an entertaining show, albeit a long one - 7 hours - with the bodybuilding, figure, and fitness contests.

Honorable mention:
Desmond Miller was in the audience. Believe me when I tell you folks, you simply do not know how big some of these pros are during the offseason until you are standing right next to them!

Did you take photos? I’d want to see them.

Did you get a chance to speak to Kiyoshi? Seems like a great guy.

And yes, Jelena is gorgeous!

Awesome, I knew Kiyoshi would win, he’s enormous, and a huge inspiration!

Very cool. Physique aside, Kiyoshi seems a gentleman, and I’m genuinely glad when good people have good fortune (not to say he doesn’t work his ass off for it!)

Any pics Brick?

S

Pics:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=1934&eventcode=1285

Unfortunately, I do not have pic. But as you can see, they are available at MD. I need to buy a new camera SOON!

The separation in Kiyoshi’s quads was phenomenal.

The next show I am going to attend will be the Brooklyn, NY NPC. I will have a camera by then.

Congrats Kiyoshi!

Kyoshi looks amazing!

Now for pics of Jelena!

Kyoshi looked just as big as Tim but Tim had shredded glutes. So I guess they had to give the card to the heavyweight with shredded glutes.

Jeff Rodriguez had some INSANE conditioning.

Brendan,

I knew the overall would go to either Tim or Kiyoshi before they announced. However, Tim did look more physically omposing, if that makes any sense. All looked great.

And yes, Jeff Rodriguez was shredded.

I don’t know how these judges do it. When everyone is up there and looking great, who the heck do you pick?

Yeah there will always be some controversy.

I think they made the right decision though. I would’ve given the overall to Jeff if the kid had some legs and a back.

I’m not trying to be picky but even though Tim had some crazy glutes, his calves don’t look up to par with the rest of his body. Size tends to overshadow symmetry/aesthetics though.

[quote]ItWasntMe wrote:
I’m not trying to be picky but even though Tim had some crazy glutes, his calves don’t look up to par with the rest of his body. Size tends to overshadow symmetry/aesthetics though.[/quote]

You don’t need calves in the NPC/IFBB for some reason.

Haney did not have good calves and won a slew of Olympias.

Yeah, but the rest of Haney’s physique (especially his back) was just so damn dominant at the time that there was no way to justify anyone else winning.

S