Back Cracking From Breathing?

yeah so everytime i take a breath thats a little deeper than my automatic breathing my upper backs makes a cracking sound. it just started recently too like a few weeks ago. its not painful or anything just weird.

I don’t like your chances for ever getting serious replies pal.

In any event, sounds like arthritis in your spine, tough bounce.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
yeah so everytime i take a breath thats a little deeper than my automatic breathing my upper backs makes a cracking sound. it just started recently too like a few weeks ago. its not painful or anything just weird.[/quote]

Tight paraspinal muscles. Loosen with tennis ball against a wall.

Same

sounds like the ghey.

word, you can deadlift 300 twice. i guess that makes you the grand declarer of teh gehy.

i get a crack in my elbow too like a couple cracks whenever i bend my arm. i know another kid who has that too, whats the deal with this? …and howcome like every single joint in my body cracks all the time? jesus christ ive been lifting less than 3 years should i really be this beat up?

yeah so every time I take a breath that�??s a little deeper than my automatic breathing my upper backs makes a cracking sound. it just started recently too like a few weeks ago. its not painful or anything just weird.[/quote]

I get this too only with what feels like my chest bones have fused together and are cracking open again when I stretch - mainly after a night when I’ve smoked too much, in my neck when I slouch too much at work and also in my lower back.

It could be a couple of things like the [quote] tight paraspinal muscles [/quote] as the guy said, said tightness could be caused by tension/latent stress. Could be dehydration, I also heard that the cracking sound is actually pockets of air being released (which apparently is normal). In knees and elbows it could just be cartilage clicking over a bone joint - it does that sometimes.

If it’s not causing pain don’t sweat it, try doing morning and evening stretching exercises, don’t sit still for too long - don’t really know what else to suggest, take cod liver oil for supple joints maybe, no idea if it works or not? I think it’s most likely due to some minor mineral deficiency.

But honestly if something so minor worries you enough to post on a forum I’m going with the tension line - relax dude, get out doors at the weekend, bake a cake, learn to knit, do anything just chill.

[edit] So I checked around on the interweb thingy and it seems like Doc’s don’t really know exactly what causes those noises - good news is I don’t think anyone ever died of it.

Sometimes my middle chest pops.

Not the muscle, its like the ribcage.

I wouldn’t worry about it, if your putting big weights on your back and in your hands, and over your chest, stuff is bound to get a little off.

My knuckles, wrists, knees, back, neck, everything Ive got makes some noise, I sound like an old man in the morning.

Worry endlessly, you are dying.

Stop breathing. Problem solved.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Stop breathing. Problem solved.[/quote]

ROFL. Sage advice Zap.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
Sometimes my middle chest pops.

Not the muscle, its like the ribcage.

I wouldn’t worry about it, if your putting big weights on your back and in your hands, and over your chest, stuff is bound to get a little off.

My knuckles, wrists, knees, back, neck, everything Ive got makes some noise, I sound like an old man in the morning.[/quote]

I get that ribcage pop too, weird.

[quote]Niranu wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
yeah so every time I take a breath that�??s a little deeper than my automatic breathing my upper backs makes a cracking sound. it just started recently too like a few weeks ago. its not painful or anything just weird.

I get this too only with what feels like my chest bones have fused together and are cracking open again when I stretch - mainly after a night when I’ve smoked too much, in my neck when I slouch too much at work and also in my lower back.

It could be a couple of things like the tight paraspinal muscles as the guy said, said tightness could be caused by tension/latent stress. Could be dehydration, I also heard that the cracking sound is actually pockets of air being released (which apparently is normal). In knees and elbows it could just be cartilage clicking over a bone joint - it does that sometimes.

If it’s not causing pain don’t sweat it, try doing morning and evening stretching exercises, don’t sit still for too long - don’t really know what else to suggest, take cod liver oil for supple joints maybe, no idea if it works or not? I think it’s most likely due to some minor mineral deficiency.

But honestly if something so minor worries you enough to post on a forum I’m going with the tension line - relax dude, get out doors at the weekend, bake a cake, learn to knit, do anything just chill.

[edit] So I checked around on the interweb thingy and it seems like Doc’s don’t really know exactly what causes those noises - good news is I don’t think anyone ever died of it.[/quote]

im not worried about it, i was just curious to what it was and if there was something i could do to stop it. the tennis ball on back sounds good though, i dont do any stretching, mobility, or massage stuff so thatd probaly help out a bit.

I can crack a LOT of my joints, including my elbows, wrists, fingers in 2 places, neck, shoulder, and lower back. My chest pops too when I do dips on the machine. The only joint I have that actually has pain associated with this is my neck, but i’m working on that.

Since i’ve started lifting though i’ve noticed a reduction in the amount that it happens. Not sure if it’s just due to my joints responding to the stress or perhaps the fish oil i’m taking.

When I bend my fingers back, my knuckles crack. Should I see a doctor?

You have fibromyalgia.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Worry endlessly, you are dying.[/quote]

LOL. Great avatar, btw.

…i don’t do any stretching, mobility, or massage stuff so that’d probably help out a bit.
[/quote]

!!!..pitiful