T Nation

Back + Bi's or Tri's

Hey,

This is meant to be a topic for dicussion and for everyone to get some answers,

A) What do or would you do if you were doing a split routine? …Back+Bis (Rest) Chest+Tris …Or Back+Tri’s (Rest) Chest+Bi’s?

What are you thoughts on doing this split?

On Back today your Biceps are already been working, All you need to do is work a little more on them and your done right?. The pumps already there?

Thoughts?

Is this a two day split? Rinse and repeat? Where do legs fall? Shoulders? There is more to consider than just on chest or back day.

As you have it now, I would suggest back with bi’s, chest and tri’s. Only because if back and tri’s, then chest and bi’s your tri’s will be working again before they recoup and will hinder your chest work.

However, you could do:

back,
chest,
bi/tri,
off

but that’s going on the assumption you aren’t doing legs or shoulders.

Cueball

Don’t forget about toning the abs. It’s part of the beach physique.

I did back/bi and chest/tri, which worked well for me as a beginner. Lately I actually work a few sets of curls in on what would otherwise be rest days which works better for me now. On the other hand I still do a few sets of skull crushers after benching.

For some reason my biceps are too fatigued after a nice back workout, but my tris are usually OK after a chest workout.

[quote]w-a-t-p wrote:

On Back today your Biceps are already been working, All you need to do is work a little more on them and your done right?. The pumps already there?

Thoughts?

[/quote]

Sounds like you answered your own question.

I like to give my arms a day of their own.

My vote would go to Chest and bi’s, rest, then back and tri’s…but only if you are resting a day in between or doing legs.

Think about it, when you work your chest you are also stimulating your triceps, but then you also hit your biceps in that workout, not a bad combo. When you do your back you also stimulate your biceps, but also do triceps in that workout. Arms get more stimulation without spending any extra time in the gym, seems like a good idea to me.

Keeping in mind, where’s the leg day, no legs…don’t design your own routine.

CUEBALL!!
No No, Bit of a mis-understanding me thinks,
I’m not talking about my Routine or looking for a Routine in General, Ofcourse you cant miss shoulders legs or abs…

What I mean if ‘you’ had a routine and everything on but for your Chest and Back days …wouold you do Biceps+Tris or Bis…

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
w-a-t-p wrote:

On Back today your Biceps are already been working, All you need to do is work a little more on them and your done right?. The pumps already there?

Thoughts?

Sounds like you answered your own question.[/quote]

Ofcourse I did, I meant to, The threads for your thoughts and choices that you like, That’s mine! … I’m thinking of changing though for a little change in training to Back-Tris!

[quote]w-a-t-p wrote:
Hey,

This is meant to be a topic for dicussion and for everyone to get some answers,

A) What do or would you do if you were doing a split routine? …Back+Bis (Rest) Chest+Tris …Or Back+Tri’s (Rest) Chest+Bi’s?

What are you thoughts on doing this split?

On Back today your Biceps are already been working, All you need to do is work a little more on them and your done right?. The pumps already there?

Thoughts?

[/quote]

Do one for 6-8wks and then swap? Do you want more volume, frequency, less frequency? what? chest and bi etc = more freq, and poss more volume and intensity…
But the other works fine too! lol!
At the moment my Bi’s get worked with chest and back, and my tris with delts and legs… but i have done, will do, and like both.

Joe

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
My vote would go to Chest and bi’s, rest, then back and tri’s…but only if you are resting a day in between or doing legs.

Think about it, when you work your chest you are also stimulating your triceps, but then you also hit your biceps in that workout, not a bad combo. When you do your back you also stimulate your biceps, but also do triceps in that workout. Arms get more stimulation without spending any extra time in the gym, seems like a good idea to me.

Keeping in mind, where’s the leg day, no legs…don’t design your own routine.[/quote]

Nice thoughts, As you said good Combo, I’ll take in consideration…

No Legs, No Shoulders, I’m not going to Squad or Press, Haha…KIDDING Joking Kidding Joking, Before anyone gets a blood rush! :P!

I’ll Choose my days of Training after I’ve made the decision on the Tri Bi Thingy!

mon: chest, bi’s
tues: legs, abs
wed: off
thurs: shoulders, traps
fri: off
sat: back, tri’s
sun: off

go agnostic.

I don’t think doing bi’s or tri’s with chest or back is good no matter what way you split it.

Do chest and back on the same day and add in rear delt.

Do bi’s and tri’s on a different day.

Personally I never feel like I have the same control over my arms after chest or back so the arm training suffers. Rear delt work after back just feels right.