1x275
3x250
5x225
7x185
7x185
10x135

I will pay for this tomorrow.
[/quote]

Is that the Immortal Egyptian Squat Workout?

Lots of good volume in here and the bench is looking strong especially since you’re just coming back.

Good for you on getting a training partner. How’d you find her? Is she interested in powerlifting?

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
Thursday: Squats

10x135
7x185
6x205
6x225
4x250
1x275
1x295
1x275
3x250
5x225
7x185
7x185
10x135

I will pay for this tomorrow.
[/quote]

Is that the Immortal Egyptian Squat Workout?[/quote]

Its more the dumbasses guide to keeping things moving. I’ve found that the more i squat the better my squat gets and accessory work doesn’t really help all that much. I’m not compltely ditching it but it’ll be very light, very high reps when done.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Lots of good volume in here and the bench is looking strong especially since you’re just coming back.[/quote]

Thanks, I’m paying for it today but it feels good if you know what I mean.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Good for you on getting a training partner. How’d you find her? Is she interested in powerlifting?[/quote]

She’s someone I know from a another activity and she just got a job at the University I work at so she can lift at the same gym. She’s brand new to lifting so I’m having to show her everything but she does seem to be taken with the idea of competing eventually. She’s really skinny, as in 5’ 11" 129lbs with a ballet background, so this is a totally new thing for her.

…hey Joe! Wait…, its not really Joe, but it fits you.

Puff that posts here and there, has a ballet back ground (dont quote me on that) and she has an amazingly lean fit look, should have your friend check her old log. My daughter also has ballet background, her best feature is my worst…, LEGS !! Id imagine your friends are going to be?

Anyway, Im horrible now about keeping up on the logs, but welcome back :slight_smile:

[quote]Up wrote:
…hey Joe! Wait…, its not really Joe, but it fits you.

Puff that posts here and there, has a ballet back ground (dont quote me on that) and she has an amazingly lean fit look, should have your friend check her old log. My daughter also has ballet background, her best feature is my worst…, LEGS !! Id imagine your friends are going to be?

Anyway, Im horrible now about keeping up on the logs, but welcome back :)[/quote]

No it’s Joe, Joe’s just my middle name…

Thats a great idea, she’s so damn skinny I’m worried she’s going to snap.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
Thats a great idea, she’s so damn skinny I’m worried she’s going to snap.[/quote]

I’ve found the best lift-off I’ve ever gotten in a gym is by a smaller new guy that actually listened, just enough help to get started. Since you are starting her from scratch I think she will be a big asset as time goes on.

Squats are coming back fast, good work.

Friday: Curls for the girls

Preacher curls

8x80
8x90
8x100
8x100
8x100

Hammer Curls

8x45
8x50
8x55
8x60
8x65

Standing BB Curls-Rest paused

60lbs 17,8,5 Total Reps= 30

Dips

3x15xBW

had to get in and out quick so thats all. arms feel like they are goign to fall off.

Sat: Shoulders

Seated DB Press

8x45
8x50
8x55
8x60
8x65
6x70

Incline Bench

8x145
8x165
6x175

Face Pulls

12x72.5
12x82.5
12x92.5

Shoulder press

8 x70
8 x80
8 x90
6 x100

Hi Joe. Just letting you know I’m lurking ya. And I want to let you know that I’m happy to give you advice on your bench, squat or deadlift anytime. Waiting for some video so the constructive criticism can begin. :wink:

Edit: I just saw Up talking about ballet and the woman you are teaching. I hadn’t taken ballet since I was a kid, but I started taking classes again last year at the local college. Not a pro by any stretch, but it’s been awesome for ROM and conditioning, and because I just love it. I think ballet really complements lifting, a lot like yoga or martial arts would. They do tend to see long thin limbs as the ideal, so I hope she won’t find a couple of bicep bumps off putting.

Welcome back Joe

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
Hi Joe. Just letting you know I’m lurking ya. And I want to let you know that I’m happy to give you advice on your bench, squat or deadlift anytime. Waiting for some video so the constructive criticism can begin. :wink:

Edit: I just saw Up talking about ballet and the woman you are teaching. I hadn’t taken ballet since I was a kid, but I started taking classes again last year at the local college. Not a pro by any stretch, but it’s been awesome for ROM and conditioning, and because I just love it. I think ballet really complements lifting, a lot like yoga or martial arts would. They do tend to see long thin limbs as the ideal, so I hope she won’t find a couple of bicep bumps off putting. [/quote]

Okay I have one question right off the bat. She keeps wanting to squat REALLY wide with her feet turned out almost horizonal, like she’s going to pull Sumo with her feet turned out as far as possible and that doesn’t seem like its going to work well for back squat. Any suggestions.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

Edit: I just saw Up talking about ballet and the woman you are teaching. I hadn’t taken ballet since I was a kid, but I started taking classes again last year at the local college. Not a pro by any stretch, but it’s been awesome for ROM and conditioning, and because I just love it. I think ballet really complements lifting, a lot like yoga or martial arts would. They do tend to see long thin limbs as the ideal, so I hope she won’t find a couple of bicep bumps off putting. [/quote]

Okay I have one question right off the bat. She keeps wanting to squat REALLY wide with her feet turned out almost horizonal, like she’s going to pull Sumo with her feet turned out as far as possible and that doesn’t seem like its going to work well for back squat. Any suggestions. [/quote]

Depends on her body type. That used to work really well for me, mostly. Stabilization front to back and hitting depth can be challenging with that stance though - I got called red-lighted high in comp using such a stance a couple of times. For muscle building and squat training, though, I think a medium stance is better to use, not that I’m an expert.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

Okay I have one question right off the bat. She keeps wanting to squat REALLY wide with her feet turned out almost horizonal, like she’s going to pull Sumo with her feet turned out as far as possible and that doesn’t seem like its going to work well for back squat. Any suggestions. [/quote]

Depends on her body type. That used to work really well for me, mostly. Stabilization front to back and hitting depth can be challenging with that stance though - I got called red-lighted high in comp using such a stance a couple of times. For muscle building and squat training, though, I think a medium stance is better to use, not that I’m an expert.
[/quote]

Everything in ballet is done with a turned out position, leg rotated outward at the hip. She probably has some awesome turnout for ballet, and so she probably squats like she’s doing a plie in second position. Google that and you’ll see what I mean. Funny, the first week of ballet I was sitting back into it, instead of keeping the pelvis and trunk inline and going straight down as is desired, and my ballet teacher told me “this isn’t a barbell squat!” There’s some unlearning. Second position plie and BB squat form are not equal. :slight_smile:

have you seen Laura Phelps Sweatt squat, she does squat in multiply, but it’s like a plie…

[quote]lil power wrote:
have you seen Laura Phelps Sweatt squat, she does squat in multiply, but it’s like a plie…
[/quote]

Thanks LP, I’m going to go check that out right now.

Back

DB Rows

12x80
12x90
4x9x100

HS Iso-Lat Row: Neutral Grip

8 x125/side
8 x170/side
5 x215/side

HS Iso Lat Low Row- Single Arm

3x8x145

HS Iso-Lat High Row-Single Arm

3x9x160

Burned through this too fast and it showed. Going to regroup and try to be ready for bench tomorrow.