Back After Pneumonia

Apparently I pissed off Santa b/c he brought me a mean old cold that turned into a sinus infection which spread to a double ear infection, that finally moved down into my right lung to give me pneumonia. I’ve been laid up for nearly three weeks and am going stir-crazy w/o my gym time.

The docs say that even after the infections are gone, symptoms will stick around for a couple of weeks and I will continue to have no energy. So any advice as to when I can go back to the gym? Do I have to wait, as my doctor said, for all symptoms disappear?

Thanks

I would wait. Getting full blown pneumonia again because you trained too early would not be worth the risk.

Nothing is worth pneumonia.

[quote]Florida Titan wrote:
I would wait. Getting full blown pneumonia again because you trained too early would not be worth the risk.

Nothing is worth pneumonia.[/quote]

Good point.

I had pneumonia last year for about three weeks in late November early December. However, I did not feel “right” for a long time (first time I actually felt decent was in Feb) and I had on and off sickness until May. My theory is that the antibiotics I had to take were so powerful that my immunity was almost nil and for that reason I got sick with other infections every other week after I got rid of the pneumonia. On the few days I felt decent enough, I did workout, but it took a while before I could workout as hard as I did before I was sick.

If I had known better I might have asked my doctor about supplementing with probiotics to help restore my immunity.

Good Luck.