Back Acne?

I’ve had back acne since I was like in 10th grade. I didn’t juice, and I don’t juice. I had never even heard that juicing causes back acne until last year.

Anybody else have this? Or did I just inheret the gene for back acne?

There is no reason to put up with that. Go to the drug store. Find a product that contains 1 - 2% salicylic acid. Wash yourself with it.

that’s all there is to it.

Try laundering your bedsheets more often than quarterly.

Seriously, try a loufa (sp?) on a stick or one of those teri straps with the handles on the end. You can put some apricot scrub on there and work the area (be sure you wash the strap weekly). The apricot scrub did wonders for arm and delt pimples I had.

[quote]boomerlu wrote:
I’ve had back acne since I was like in 10th grade. I didn’t juice, and I don’t juice. I had never even heard that juicing causes back acne until last year.

Anybody else have this? Or did I just inheret the gene for back acne?[/quote]

This may seem like a half-a$$ed response boomerlu, but I hope not. I’m in my late 20s, and I had your problem at your age. By my early 20s it had gone away. I attribute the improvement not to diet, nor to any of the drugs I got from my dermatologist or over the counter (including benzoyl peroxide), but from a decrease in stress.

My stress level dropped because as I matured, I stopped worrying about the stupid sh1t teenagers agonize over. The remedy I’d recommend is to find yourself - your body and mind may thank you. Good luck.

What kind of acne is it? Is it just whiteheads or is it big red, painful cysts?

If its the latter, then the 1-2% salicylic acid or any other topical treatment won’t do shit for it.

Back in September I started getting the big cystic acne on my back, neck, down arms and I swear I felt like I tried everything except Accutane. Just about two months ago did it (seemingly all of a sudden) go away.

I can’t pinpoint what it was that helped it the most, but I noticed that a week or two before it went away I started taking Flameout, and after I ran out of Flameout a few have come back - like 1 or 2 here and there.

So when Flameout gets back in stock, I’m gonna see again if it gets rid of it completely again.

So thats my suggestion, take Flameout (or if you can’t get that, then some other type of super high quality fish oil - like Carlson’s) and eat clean. Let me know if you have any other questions.

[quote]Jay Ess wrote:
but from a decrease in stress.

My stress level dropped because as I matured, I stopped worrying about the stupid sh1t teenagers agonize over. The remedy I’d recommend is to find yourself - your body and mind may thank you. Good luck.[/quote]

Yeah, this too. When mine went away, it was right at the same time that I moved cross-country to LA and started training in a situation with a great team and an even better coach.

I know its easier said than done, but if you have some constant sources of stress - get rid of them, or find a way so that they don’t bother you.

Hopefully, your case isn’t as bad as this poor guy’s. (Not for the squeamish.)

http://tray.dermatology.uiowa.edu/AcneCong01.htm

Sometimes carrying a backpack can cause this, I stopped carrying one last year and it went away within a month.

[quote]TeeVee69 wrote:

http://tray.dermatology.uiowa.edu/AcneCong01.htm[/quote]

That shit should be rated R!!

[quote]TeeVee69 wrote:

http://tray.dermatology.uiowa.edu/AcneCong01.htm[/quote]

Shame man - can you imagine how much that must suck?

I’ve had shit skin since my late teens but I dont really get too much acne now - just mild spots here and there except I have lots of marks left.

Personally I found BP, tea tree oil, salmon oil and cleaner eating all helped. I think it’s a problem best dealt with from the inside first.

When I train it usually flares up on my back so it must be hormonal - maybe not for everyone though. Try saw palmetto and vitamins too.

I’ve also never juiced and tend to get back zits. You think it mean we have higher test or DHT levels?

I’ve had backne since I started getting zits on my face. Sometimes on my arms around my delts, too…

Any of you ever start getting them on your legs?

I get a pimple on my leg once every month maybe - hardly ever.

I think that saw palmetto is supposed to balance out the DHT levels in the body, and I reckon it helped me somewhat.

Never juiced either and continued to get back/shoulder zits until I got on a cycle of accutane. I definitely recommend seeing a dermatologists and getting them to prescribe you accutane.

i have had cystic back acne since i was like 13, i have tried every anti biotic and topical over the counter and prescription creme there is. i know its genetic because my dad and brother had the same problem. i am going to start accutane next month, ill let ya know how it goes

[quote]boomerlu wrote:

Anybody else have this? Or did I just inheret the gene for back acne?[/quote]

Unhealthy gut…

Syntol or Flora Source both contain a mix of probiotics including those named in the Siver paper. Syntol is about 5 cents a pill cheaper than Flora Source (by my last reckoning).

Anecdotally, a teenage relative who had suffered from acne vulgaricus on face, back and chest since his very early teens was at the end of options according to multiple dermatologists. The last option presented was Accutane which his mother refused because of reports of suicidal tendancies in teens taking it. He started taking Flora Source at a dose of 2 pills 3 times per day and significantly improved beyond anything he had been able to achieve with any other method. He switched to Syntol (since it is less expensive) and still experiencing relief from acne.
Other friends have used this approach with excellent success, too.
Note that the Siver paper indicated that this approach (probiotics) worked especially well for those younger than 18.

I started getting backne (the big painful type) when I was 8. Yep, I said eight. I tried all sorts of potions and lotions (though not accutane) and nothing seemed to work. It wasn’t just a matter of it being ugly, the trouble was I would be almost in tears if I bumped one the cysts against a wall or something.

It continued well into my early 20’s. I am now 31 and I still get some backne now and then, but nowhere near as painful as it used to be. You should see my back, though; it looks a bit like the Moon :frowning:

Definitely go see a dermatologist (which is Greek for fake doctor, by the way) and get him to pescribe you something. Don’t suffer in silence :slight_smile:

My brother took a cycle of Accutane for 5 months. It helped incredibly since he had really bad acne on his face and back. He also was never greasy, it seemed he could not wash his hair for 3 days and it would still be clean.

My dermatologist about 6 months ago said that I might have to try Accutane, but she also said that it usually takes within 3-5 months before you start to see ANY difference.

And that whole Accutane and suicidal tendencies thing is bogus. Just as trumped up as people saying that creatine is like steroids.