Babyslayer Deadlift at the Olympia

T-Nation’s MegaNewb aka Babylsayer just pulled 837# at the USPA Olympia Las Vegas meet. It is awesome to see him hitting the platform after all this time, and he is also going to be doing the November meet at Supertraining with Stan Efferding and Eric Spoto.

Will post video as soon as its up.

Holy shit!! Is this the same guy as Geolomann?

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
Holy shit!! Is this the same guy as Geolomann? [/quote]
ja

Thanks spar

Great Lift…looks like there is more there!

Does anyone know what he hit on the squat and bench in this meet?

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
Does anyone know what he hit on the squat and bench in this meet?[/quote]
it was deadlift only

Hmm, then I don’t get why he’d pull 837 for his 3rd attempt yet he has done 835 for a triple…I’m not belittling him though. It’s still a beastly pull.

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
Hmm, then I don’t get why he’d pull 837 for his 3rd attempt yet he has done 835 for a triple…I’m not belittling him though. It’s still a beastly pull.[/quote]

The 835x3 was done with straps. I believe he only started training without straps a month or two ago.

^x2 He also has that Nov meet which is a full power meet, so I dont think he went all out on this one. Just wanted to get the feel of competing especially raw vs using straps

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
^x2 He also has that Nov meet which is a full power meet, so I dont think he went all out on this one. Just wanted to get the feel of competing especially raw vs using straps[/quote]

Is this his first meet? That’s an absurd pull

Especially absurd at what, 21-23 years old? I forget, but he’s young. Assuming he don’t hurt himself, he definitely has a shot at 1000+.

[quote]frankjl wrote:

^x2 He also has that Nov meet which is a full power meet, so I dont think he went all out on this one. Just wanted to get the feel of competing especially raw vs using straps[/quote]

Is this his first meet? That’s an absurd pull[/quote]

Yep, this was his first time competing. Dude is a beast.

AWESOME!

I can never get over how high he wears his belt.

[quote]csulli wrote:
I can never get over how high he wears his belt.[/quote]
I like it personally

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
I can never get over how high he wears his belt.[/quote]
I like it personally[/quote]

I do too. It’s how I wear mine now. It may be better for taller, long-limbed people though. My shorter training partners weren’t fond of it.

i thought he is no longer able to squat?

[quote]Ty Carlson wrote:
The 835x3 was done with straps. I believe he only started training without straps a month or two ago.[/quote]

Ah, I see.

[quote]Ty Carlson wrote:

[quote]frankjl wrote:

Is this his first meet? That’s an absurd pull[/quote]

Yep, this was his first time competing. Dude is a beast.[/quote]

Funny how he starts competing when he’s already tugging more than most lifters.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

i thought he is no longer able to squat?[/quote]

Why wouldn’t he able to squat anymore? :open_mouth: