T Nation

Babs Get's A Drink In The Face!

Well. Not really. It hit the stage. Missed Babs.

It makes me wonder why Barbara Streisand hasn’t stopped this crap yet. She’s hauling around this Bush impersonator with her, doing some little skit. Someone in NYC didn’t like it and heckled her. She screamed, “Shut the #uck up!”

I wonder if the guy on the recieving end of that felt good about paying a couple hunded bucks to see her show.

She defends all of this by saying that the impersonator (and writer of said skit) is a Republican. Somehow I doubt he’s a Bush supporter, though. My bet would be he’s a “Republican” who happens to share Babs’ opinions on…well…just about all things political.

I wonder why entertainers/liberals feel the need to preach to their audiences. I got lectured by “The Boss” once. Of course, that’s before he hit the road with John Kerry. I was surprised then. I just wanted to hear some music.

Little Johnny Cougar…I mean…Johnny Cougar…No. John Cougar…wait. John Cougar Mellencamp. Hold on. John Mellencamp. Or is it John Mellon Cougarcamp? I don’t know. Anyway, he told an audience that Bush is a cheap thug. We know what happened to the Dixie Chicks.

When will they wise up? People may not even disagree with them all that much. But you turn off an audience with this shit. They are there to see a show, not hear a lecture on politics from some high school drop out.

Wise up, assholes.

I thought Babs was dead.

I hate Barbra Streishand. However, I really respect guys like John Mellencamp, and Bruce Springsteen is a personal hero.

You know the shit is gonna happen…that’s like me going to one assfuck idiot Toby Keith’s concerts and not expecting a bunch of toothless rednecks to light the nearest Arab on fire.

I’m dissapointed when I see bands that I love, like Lynyrd Skynyrd or Kid Rock, screeching about how great Bush is, campagning with him, playing at his inaguration…but what are you gonna do? Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, and if you had the stage that they had, you’d be talking shit too. I know I would.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:

I wonder why entertainers/republicans feel the need to preach to their audiences.

When will they wise up? [/quote]

I was wondering the same thing.

Babs is a flippin wacko. We know.

She is a representitive of liberalism just as much as Pat Robertson is of conservativism.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
I hate Barbra Streishand. However, I really respect guys like John Mellencamp, and Bruce Springsteen is a personal hero.

You know the shit is gonna happen…that’s like me going to one assfuck idiot Toby Keith’s concerts and not expecting a bunch of toothless rednecks to light the nearest Arab on fire.

I’m dissapointed when I see bands that I love, like Lynyrd Skynyrd or Kid Rock, screeching about how great Bush is, campagning with him, playing at his inaguration…but what are you gonna do? Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, and if you had the stage that they had, you’d be talking shit too. I know I would.[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, and if you had the stage that they had, you’d be talking shit too. I know I would.[/quote]

Even if I didn’t, a large part of me would constantly kick me for not doing it.

No no, you’re missing the point.

Only the ones critical of the Republicans should shut up.
The others are entitled to their opinion. It’s still a free country after all.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

The others are entitled to their opinion. It’s still a free country after all.[/quote]

Uh. No. My experience is almost exclusively with lectures from the left. I’m not a Toby Keith fan and I wouldn’t be at one of his concerts.

So, I don’t know about him. I’ve read news stories about audience reaction to the Dixie Chicks, Barbara Streisand, Linda Ronstant, and a few others. I’ve personally been lectured by Bruce Springsteen as a member of the audience (still a great concert. always!) and I’ve head stuff on the radio and on TV from CougarMellencamp, Cheryl Crowe, Moby, Dave Matthews, on and on. I get lectures when watching television,. seeing movies, all from the left.

Don’t even try to tell me that there are an equal number of entertainers preaching from the right.

Wreckless wrote:

Uh. No. My experience is almost exclusively with lectures from the left. I’m not a Toby Keith fan and I wouldn’t be at one of his concerts.

So, I don’t know about him. I’ve read news stories about audience reaction to the Dixie Chicks, Barbara Streisand, Linda Ronstant, and a few others. I’ve personally been lectured by Bruce Springsteen as a member of the audience (still a great concert. always!) and I’ve head stuff on the radio and on TV from CougarMellencamp, Cheryl Crowe, Moby, Dave Matthews, on and on. I get lectures when watching television,. seeing movies, all from the left.

Don’t even try to tell me that there are an equal number of entertainers preaching from the right. [/quote]

I’ve heard people explain that Rush the vulgar pigboy is entertainment.
But he probably doesn’t count.

On the other hand, if so many people you admire want to tell you something… Well, doesn’t that tell you something?
Just a thought.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
Wreckless wrote:

Don’t even try to tell me that there are an equal number of entertainers preaching from the right.

On the other hand, if so many people you admire want to tell you something… Well, doesn’t that tell you something?
Just a thought.[/quote]

First, dickhead, I don’t listen to Limbaugh and I’m sure he’s offensive.

Second, I never said I admired any one of these people. Most of them - in my view - are lousy self-centered human beings. But while I have a talent for being a great guy and gift for extravagant exhibitions of grace and humanity, they can sing, or act, or write, etc.

Perhaps you need people that you ‘admire’ to tell you what to think. So you listen. I’ve lived my life and my opinions are informed by my own experiences. Period. It’s obvious that you’re pretty weak minded and that you follow the herd, for the most part.

It doesn’t take any “courage”, contratry to popular belief, to be against the war and anti-Bush and…from Belgium. That’s stuff’s cool and hip and in! Actually saying what you believe and…well…not being from Belgium…that stuff’s always been pretty good.

Now go eat shit, Eurofag.

Who’s gives a shit what Barbara Streisand has to say? BTW, who is actually paying to see her?

That was a waste of a drink…How the fuck do you miss that nose anyway?

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

Just a thought.[/quote]

No, he doesn’t count. His “entertainment” value is in his political blather itself. If you turned on Rush’s show (for some reason) and he DIDN’T talk about anything political, then he didn’t do his damned job.

Same thing with Olbermann or whoever else you want to point to who is a political commentator.

When I pay money to hear someone sing, or dance, or whatever the hell it is they do, I don’t want to hear them blather on about politics. Right or left.

I’m dissapointed when I see bands that I love, like Lynyrd Skynyrd or Kid Rock, screeching about how great Bush is, campagning with him, playing at his inaguration…but what are you gonna do? Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, and if you had the stage that they had, you’d be talking shit too. I know I would.[/quote]

Touche! Good point. There are probably just as many Rep celebs smoking Bush’s hog that were bashing Clinton when he was in office.

I have a talent for being a great guy and gift for extravagant exhibitions of grace and humanity.

[/quote]

That’s pretty funny.