Babies are for Idiots?

[quote]csulli wrote:
I don’t know about any of this. I just want to have a son so I can mold him into the ultimate human.[/quote]

Have sex with a chimp and you will have your humanzee.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
I don’t know about any of this. I just want to have a son so I can mold him into the ultimate human.[/quote]

[/quote]

Someone already bursted my bubble on Hybrids being infertile back when I wanted to bang an alien to start a new race and be a god. The humazee would just be a one off so it wouldnt be worth it.

That being said I am on board for Csulli banging a chimp so long as he spends the night out of the respect.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]

Just don’t mate with an orangutan. Might end up with one of these.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]

Just don’t mate with an orangutan. Might end up with one of these. [/quote]

If you did that though you could dress it up in a costume and call it superginger.

[quote]csulli wrote:

Funny thing. I’ve always wanted a son.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

Someone already bursted my bubble on Hybrids being infertile back when I wanted to bang an alien to start a new race and be a god. The humazee would just be a one off so it wouldnt be worth it.

[/quote]

Hybrids aren’t always sterile. Ligers and tigons have given birth to offspring, as have mules and hinnies, especially when bred with one of their parent species.

Speciation is just hybridization that was successful over a long enough timeline.

There is no doubt in my mind that under the right circumstances, a hybrid race of chimps and humans could be created. Why we would want to create one (aside from the obvious: to make slaves and soldiers) or whether we should (we probably shouldn’t) is another matter.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[/quote]

Hybrids aren’t always sterile. Ligers and tigons have given birth to offspring, as have mules and hinnies, especially when bred with one of their parent species.

Speciation is just hybridization that was successful over a long enough timeline.

There is no doubt in my mind that under the right circumstances, a hybrid race of chimps and humans could be created. Why we would want to create one (aside from the obvious: to make slaves and soldiers) or whether we should (we probably shouldn’t) is another matter. [/quote]

I want a house broke liger. I’m not a cat person but having a massive beast like that house broke and tame would be awesome.

As a father of 8 (yes, 8, all girls) and for a long time a single widower father of 4 now more-or-less adult daughters, I see some logic and flaws in this article.

First, regarding happiness. That finding is stupid. Parenthood is generally voluntary nowadays. So people that do not want children don’t have them and people who do want them have them. So of course both groups are happy.

Second, regarding smart people not having kids. In general, this is probably true. Children, if you do it right, are a tremendous responsibility and a burden. Smart people figure this out and decide work is easier because it more-or-less ends at the end of the work day. Smart people also have more options and have high expectations put upon them. In general, being a stay-at-home mom is incorrectly looked down upon by the intelegensia as a “waste.” Both of my wives (both medical doctors who prioritized their children) got (get) that grief from all sides.

I think the exception to the smart-people-don’t have kids rule are smart-religious-people. Besides my personal family, one of my partners is Roman Catholic and he has 6 kids. Both he and his wife are Harvard lawyers.

So, perhaps more scary to those who care about this kind of thing is the smart people of the future will be disproportionately Orthodox Jewish, Catholic, and Mormon.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

So, perhaps more scary to those who care about this kind of thing is the smart people of the future will be disproportionately Orthodox Jewish, Catholic, and Mormon.

[/quote]

Thank God.

Unrooted hyperrationalism does not work for me.

I will probably fake being Catholic, it probably is the best fit.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
In general, being a stay-at-home mom is incorrectly looked down upon by the intelegensia as a “waste.” Both of my wives (both medical doctors who prioritized their children) got (get) that grief from all sides.

[/quote]

I never understood this, and have no idea where it came from.

Staying at home with the kids, particularly before school age is a lot of work. Why we as a society don’t celebrate these people, whether it be a mother or father, is beyond me.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
In general, being a stay-at-home mom is incorrectly looked down upon by the intelegensia as a “waste.” Both of my wives (both medical doctors who prioritized their children) got (get) that grief from all sides.

[/quote]

I never understood this, and have no idea where it came from.

Staying at home with the kids, particularly before school age is a lot of work. Why we as a society don’t celebrate these people, whether it be a mother or father, is beyond me. [/quote]

I cant be arsed to pull the quotes, but destruction of the nuclear family is apparently necessary to achieve all kinds of things.

So we as a species are the product of women of marginal intelligence yet we continue to advance technologically, and all of the smartest men in history were born of these women?

Doesn’t really matter that much then, does it?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
So we as a species are the product of women of marginal intelligence yet we continue to advance technologically, and all of the smartest men in history were born of these women?

[/quote]

Recent phenomenon, no chance to take hold yet.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Two things:

(1) I think this is a recent phenomina, really the last 50 years and

(2) intelligence is rapidly become bi-modally distributed much more than it has in the past. If it keeps up, you’ll have a species split in a couple thousand years. Fake tits and men’s tendacy to fuck anything is humanity’s only hope, in this regard.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[/quote]

In the United States, certainly. Taking the world population as an aggregate, though (and perhaps even scarier to those who care about such things) I think you’d have to include Hindus and Muslims in this list. Lot of really smart people in India, Pakistan, Iran, the Gulf States, Malaysia, Indonesia, and they are having lots of children, many of them excelling at western universities.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Recent phenomenon, no chance to take hold yet.[/quote]

Also just because the parents are mediocre doesn’t mean the kids will be.

If anyone can dig up the story on a family of 6 where all children were in college by 12. The parents were nothing special. The kids obviously excelled. I saw the story on the morning news I’m sure there is a youtube video. I can’t look it up right now

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

If anyone can dig up the story on a family of 6 where all children were in college by 12. The parents were nothing special. The kids obviously excelled. I saw the story on the morning news I’m sure there is a youtube video. I can’t look it up right now[/quote]

It happens, but IQ is highly heredatary.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

If anyone can dig up the story on a family of 6 where all children were in college by 12. The parents were nothing special. The kids obviously excelled. I saw the story on the morning news I’m sure there is a youtube video. I can’t look it up right now[/quote]

It happens, but IQ is highly heredatary. [/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[/quote]

In the United States, certainly. Taking the world population as an aggregate, though (and perhaps even scarier to those who care about such things) I think you’d have to include Hindus and Muslims in this list. Lot of really smart people in India, Pakistan, Iran, the Gulf States, Malaysia, Indonesia, and they are having lots of children, many of them excelling at western universities. [/quote]

Hindus, I agree.

The IQ in certain neighboring countries to mine, however, is on the decline probably due to arranged cousin marriage. And yes, I can give links, but like Orion, can’t be “arsed.”