B-ball Mistakes (Turnovers)

hey guys. as you all know i play basketball.

i have a problem with my game though. i make like 4 turnovers a game on stupid passes and mental mistakes. im a good player but just sometimes i force the issue when its not there. how do i stop this bad habit. any suggestions, thoughts? thank you

how do i get a better feel for a game? any tips

Squat deadlift and drink some milk

Quite honestly, you know what you’re doing wrong so apply that knowlege.

Being steady is almost always better than being flashy. Anticipate both your teammates move and the defenses reaction. This comes from just playing and being a student of the game.

Work on the fundamentals of the game. Setting up the defensive player as opposed to just trying to get it by him. Look aways aren’t always a hot dog play. Are you in the triple threat position? Do you have your head up as you dribble?

Some is feel and that can’t be taught. You can aquire a certain level just through playing though.

[quote]kobe4life08 wrote:

i have a problem with my game though. i make like 4 turnovers a game on stupid passes and mental mistakes. im a good player but just sometimes i force the issue when its not there. how do i stop this bad habit. any suggestions, thoughts? thank you

how do i get a better feel for a game? any tips [/quote]

How old are you?

[quote]PGA wrote:
kobe4life08 wrote:

How old are you?[/quote]

He’s a Kobe fan…

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
PGA wrote:
kobe4life08 wrote:

How old are you?

He’s a Kobe fan…[/quote]

Than what is he doing passing? He should be shooting all the time and forgetting about hs teammates. Wonder if he got his center to switch high schools.

If you want to be like Kobe, PGA is right.
Dont waste your time w/ this Passing stuff. Your teammates,(the guys wearing the same uni as you) they are scrubs and they dont need the ball anyway. Just score player! then wait til you get the ball back and score some more.

If you want to learn to play the game correctly. You should work on your skills and relax. Most people turn the ball over when they are trying to do too much. Basketball is a simple game. When you understand it you can let the game “come to you”.

Check out these two books.
Basketball Skills and Drills (Paperback)
by Don Meyer, Jerry Meyer, Jerry Kraus

and

Blackboard Strategies: Over 200 Favorite Plays From Successful Coaches For Nearly Every Possible Situation (Winning hoops) (Paperback)
by Eric Sacharski

You may also like
Coach Tex Winter: Triangle Basketball (Paperback)
by Ann Parr

Since you like the lakers, you can really understand what they are supposed to be doing.