B-12 Injections = Increased Hunger?

BTW, I meant 1000mcg a day, lol. Not mgs. Also I shoot both IM and SUB Q in the AM. I dont really notice any difference between the two, except the sub q has a little more bite to it.

[quote]dean12345 wrote:
BTW, I meant 1000mcg a day, lol. Not mgs. .[/quote]

This goes for myself as well, I have been saying mgs the whole time and actually was meaning to say mcgs. My bad.

I am now up to 450mcg in the morning and still notice an increase in energy for most of the day. I have had some of the most productive days recently. I can’t say that I notice much of a hunger change or that 450mcg works twice as good as 250mcg. But I will continue to up my dose until I find an optimal dosage.

Interesting thread, 2thepain(just discovered it btw). You’ve been on for about 8 days, right? I don’t know much about B-12 at all, but what is a normal dose, since you plan on experimenting till you get to an optimal level?

[quote]tico1028 wrote:
Interesting thread, 2thepain(just discovered it btw). You’ve been on for about 8 days, right? I don’t know much about B-12 at all, but what is a normal dose, since you plan on experimenting till you get to an optimal level?[/quote]

It appears that the RDA recommends around 5 mcg per day. However they also say we only need 60 grams of protein. B-12 has a very low toxicity level and an overdose is highly unlikely. I have heard of people using high doses for energy levels and some even said it stimulated hunger so I thought I would give it a try. I would like to get up to around 1000mcg/day to see what I feel. After I reach that level I may switch over to IM injections.

Is b12 available over the counter?

The red face you experienced is from the Niacin flush. Almost any sort of injectable B-Complex has Niacin in it.

I drink an energy drink that has 8 calories and a quarter of a b12 shot per can…its awesome…tastes good, is alot cheaper than a shot and no I didn’t really see any increased hunger…

The IM (intramuscular) inj. are absorbed more quickly into your bloodstream. I give myself one shot weekly in my hip. Mine is 1000mcg/1ml. My dr. recommends 1ml, but I give myself 2ml weekly. I honestly can’t tell if it helps me cause there are so many other things I do for energy such as Lean System 7, coffee, and crystal light energy. It doesn’t seem to increase my hunger though.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
I am now up to 450mcg in the morning and still notice an increase in energy for most of the day. I have had some of the most productive days recently. I can’t say that I notice much of a hunger change or that 450mcg works twice as good as 250mcg. But I will continue to up my dose until I find an optimal dosage.[/quote]

How far have you gotten? Any differences yet?