Azwildcats TRT Log

Honestly, I don’t think there’s any reason to start with 25mg. In fact, the moment I lowered my dose to 12.5mg my T actually increased. Based on my reading it seems like less is more with Clomid as many guys have experienced the same phenomena too. Also, I personally like the idea of using the minimum amount of meds to treat any issue.

Wow, this has been my exact experience too. I’ve been thinking about this a lot actually. The moment I started the AI was the moment I consistently started feeling better. I must be super E2 sensitive as anytime I tipped into the 30’s I felt like crap. Now, even with lower than optimal T levels I feel the best I have in a long time.

I do believe this is a key reason to keep the Clomid dose low. At 25mg EOD my LH jumped beyond the high range meaning T to E conversion was happening within the testes. When this happens an AI won’t work and dropping down to 12.5mg brought my LH within normal range allowing me to effectively use an AI. My T may not be in the high/normal range but with mid T levels and controlled E2 I’m feeling pretty good.

Just got some new labs in, which were done at Quest. I think I feel better than the labs indicate, LH is getting high, but E2 is finally in check. Honestly, managing E2 has been a life changer for me. I would literally get sick anytime it moved into the mid 30’s, which isn’t even that high. Maybe I’d feel better with higher T, but overall I feel great and can’t complain about anything. As a reminder I’m taking 12.5mg of Clomid EOD and .25mg of Arimidex on Mondays and Fridays. Labs were taken on a Wednesday at 8:30AM.

Please take a look and let me know what you think, and feel free to ask any questions. Hope all is well, and thanks for your time.

HEMATOLOGY
CBC w/ Differential, w/ Platelet
WBC 6.4 4.0 -­ 11.0 k/mm3
RBC 5.44 4.30 -­ 6.00 m/mm3
Hemoglobin 16.6 13.0 ­ -18.0 g/dL
Hematocrit 48.7 40.0 -­ 53.0 %
MCV 89.5 78.0 -­ 100.0 fL
MCH 30.5 27.0- ­ 34.0 pg
MCHC 34.1 31.0- ­ 37.0 g/dL
Platelet Count 218 130 ­- 450 k/mm3
RDW(sd) 38.6 38.0- ­ 49.0 fL
RDW(cv) 11.9 11.0 -­ 15.0 %
MPV 12.5 7.5- ­ 14.0 fL
Segmented Neutrophils 74.4* %
Lymphocytes 17.6 %
Monocytes 6.5 %
Eosinophils 0.5 %
Basophils 0.5 %
Absolute Neutrophil 4.79 1.60- ­ 9.30 k/uL
Absolute Lymphocyte 1.13 0.60- ­ 5.50 k/uL
Absolute Monocyte 0.42 0.10- ­ 1.60 k/uL
Absolute Eosinophil 0.03 0.00- ­ 0.70 k/uL
Absolute Basophil 0.03 0.00- ­ 0.20 k/uL
Immature Granulocytes 0.5 %
Absolute Immature Granulocytes 0.03 0.00- ­ 0.10 k/uL
NRBC RE, Nucleated Red Blood Cell Percent 0.0 0.0- ­ 1.0 %

CHEMISTRY
FSH 4.5 1.5- ­ 12.4 mIU/mL
Luteinizing Hormone 7.8 1.7- ­ 8.6 mIU/mL
Estradiol 19 7- ­ 50 pg/mL
Testosterone, Free 103.5* 35.0­-155.0 pg/mL SL
Testosterone, Total, LC/MS/MS 654* 250­-1100 ng/dL SL

@KSman are you aware of any guys successfully restarting on Clomid? Any long term success? I don’t want to mess with a good thing, but I am curious if my body can takeover and run without chemicals. Hope all is well.

It’s rare to hear of someone remaining optimal after clomid, most fall back to a low T state months afterwards.

Been a while since I’ve checked in & thought I’d touch base.

I had been cruising on Clomid for basically 8-9 months, but have been off for the last 3 weeks. I tapered down, kept the AI going, and now I’m off everything 100%.

About the end of week 1 I was convinced I was going to crash. Energy was way down, super irritable, a lot of my original symptoms reared their ugly heads again. Week 3, I feel normal, really no different from when I was taking Clomid. Libido, morning wood, energy in the gym all seem…normal.

I have labs in a few weeks and I’m anxiously optimistic for the results. During the last year I’ve dropped almost 50lbs, drastically improved my diet, consistently lift weights etc, hoping that plus a Clomid kick start will have my body going in the right direction.

Also, I’ve been working with a great Urologist, but have been looking for a solid primary care doc. I called a few compounding pharmacies and found a great Dr. She’s an MD has great TRT experience, and also incorporates naturalistic elements. Long story short: it pays to read the stickies!

Hope all is well & I’ll post my results when I get them.

Great! Keep us posted !

It would be interesting to see your results. In my case cutting clomid to 12.5 EOD decreased my testosterone to pre treatment levels.

I found that I couldn’t tolerate anything higher than 12.5mg. Every time I went up to 25mg I’d get sick. My LH, FSH, E2, and T would all spike and I’d break out, get super oily skin, night sweats, irratable etc. I was also taking an AI, but it couldn’t touch the T-E2 conversion at 25mg.

Even if my labs show a drop, and assuming I don’t crash hard while the remaining Clomid clears my system, I’m going to think long and hard before starting TRT. I want to exhaust all possible options to get my body functioning naturally again. That’s the hope at least. The great part though is over the past 1.5 years of trial and error, reading EVERYTHING in the stickies and forum, I’m prepared to take an educated and well informed next step if TRT is my remaining option.

Just found my original pre-TRT labs. These were taken 10/31/16…hopefully dropping 50lbs has helped my Lipids! Probably should’ve focused on that over everything else! Vitamin D deficient…I live in freaking AZ!

It’s been roughly a month since I stopped taking Clomid. Not sure how I feel as I go between feeling good and totally wiped out.

However, for the past week I’ve been waking up with serious morning wood. Stronger and more consistant than anything I’ve experienced while on TRT. Is this a potential good sign that the restart may have worked?

It’s a good sign. Only Time will tell. When do you plan on doing labs? Age?

Labs later this week. Age 35.

Was doing injections prior to Clomid. After stopping injections for 30 days my T dropped to 120, thought for sure I was done for. Really hoping this restart has actually worked.

Interesting information @azwildcats
I look forward to hearing your results,
Good Luck :+1:

Got my results today. FYI, these labs were taken at 7:30AM almost exactly 30 days after I stopped Clomid. I’m pumped about the Lipid Panel, feel meh…about the Test, and have no idea what the heck IGF-1 is or why it’s so far out of range. Take a look and feel free to share your thoughts.

As a cancer survivor I don’t like what I’m reading about high IGF-1!

U can use Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator to calculator free t.
Your testosterone is bordering low. But your free t is almost at 2%.

Why not LH or FSH definitely need that to see if your pituitary is producing after stopping clomid.

So my body has basically zero available T? It’s all being bound to SHBG or aromatized to E? Time to accept reality and move to injections?

Not sure on LH or FSH. I suppose since I have some T LH and FSH are still functioning at the minimum level they were before I started this journey.

Any thoughts on IGF-1?

I don’t have thoughts on igf1.
I only like to speak on what I experience.

2% free t is good. U should retake labs in 2 weeks def need LH and FSH if those are low than you can judge the restart much better.

Retake igf1 to while at it. With CRP and homocysteine.

I meet with my Dr. this afternoon to discuss results. Any specific questions I need to make sure to ask? I’m not feeling well, and the last week has been especially hard. Not sure if it’s T related or just life related. @physioLojik, @KSman any thoughts?

As always, thanks to everyone. Your insights and perspective are greatly appreciated.