Aww What The Hell, 2 Years Progress

get a tan and lean out a bit. It will help your confidence. As far as I can see, that’s probably all you need.

Keep in mind… Your workouts are all in the strength-building rep range. Go to 10-12 rep sets (hypertrophy), and in a couple more months, you’ll look more ‘swole’.

Your training looks pretty good-

• You’re moving heavy weight, frequently
  • You’re both squatting and deadlifting
  • Your ancillary work is good; you’re getting extra ham and unilateral stimulation.

Your diet is also pretty good. You’re getting a bunch of protein, and a goodly bit of calories. It sounds like you need to eat more fat and carbs though. I second re-reading Massive Eating.

I disagree with Jaypierce in switching from a strength-based program to a hypertrophy-based program. In my experience, they lead to the same muscle gain (assuming food is equal), but different levels of strength.

Wrap-up: You’ve made progresss. Quit whining about how far you haven’t come and start whining about how far you’ve yet to go.

Your progress looks really good to me. Stop thinking about how you think this should progress or comparing to others. What your doing is working. You gotta play with the hand you are dealt. Follow the advice from the poster above me. Keep eating and lifting heavier.

And fuck that tan bs. This is coming from the same people who want you to cut. Just be yourself and keep doing what you’re doing.

Progress looks damn good to me. You looked like you just survived prison camp in the ‘before’ pic.

[quote]schultzie wrote:

I just end up looking pale and soft and unimpressively muscular. [/quote]

His complaint was the reason for the ‘tan bs’.

And I still stand by my comment about strength- vs hypertrophy- rep ranges, but I should have clarified. I wasn’t talking about a permanent change, just a temporary change of pace.

Is that Rollins in your avatar

yeah

I’d suggest keeping an accurate food log, especially if, you think there is weakness there. This tool will help you diagnose problem areas and give you a measurable too.

What kind of body measurements are you keeping? Seeing the change in inches even when weight is not changing will give you a window in the changes to your body composition that we may not notice because of how often we look in the mirror. This will also help you evaluate progress against yourself as opposed to the end result and how slowly it seems to be getting there.

Keep good records so you can really see where you have been that way you will be able to see where you need to go next.

Ed

[quote]schultzie wrote:
yeah[/quote]
Hes so FUCKIN hardcore

What are your maxes at?

bench - maybe 225ish
squat - 300 ±10lbs
deadlift - 380

honestly, you still need to get more calories… if working out is infact your life your body might have a high BMR especially if you workout as much as you do. Up the calories a bit for a couple weeks/month and track your weight gains while doing the same workout.

Diet does look great, workout looks great… keep adding calories. I assume you want to be bigger first… then eventually cut.

As far as your asymmetry… i’d focus on barbell not dumbell at this point… dont do any exercises that promote a unilateral movement… give your lacking parts time to catch up. Unless you like looking like egor.

Good luck, great progress from skin and bones to i can’t see my bones.

From where you started you have made excellent progress. I agree with changing it up and increasing your rep ranges to 8 -12 for awhile. Try it for six weeks and reevaluate. Diet looks good.

You are being way too hard on yourself. Look at those before and afters again. You truely started with a blank slate and packed on a lot of muscle in the past 2 yrs. Keep up the good work.

Get stong first and all good things follow

[quote]zenontheterrible wrote:
your starting point you must have been like 120 lbs, and now your 180… you really shouldn’t feel bad.

still, it can be hard when you haven’t made progress in awhile.

try Christian T’s “mirror workout”, or beast building program.

honestly your workout seems pretty haphazard to me.[/quote]

def man you’ve gotten much much bigger

Okay, thanks for the advice everyone. I realize now that the reason I was angry was because my numbers weren’t high enough. If I had a 400lb squat and had that bodyfat I wouldn’t really care. And bodybuilding really isn’t the thing for me.

I’m going to up my calories and keep lifting heavy. For my height, Ideal strength/bodyweight ratio is probably more in the low 200s. I think I was just freaking out that I wasn’t gaining weight and i wasn’t getting more cut, I was indecisive, and i need to have a plan and stick to it.

plan is, Bulk for another year, or till my clothes wont fit anymore (34pants/large tee). BUT
every lb I gain must add a few lbs onto my lifts. If i try to keep my calories low, try to get more conditioning, try to be faster, try to be good at every aspect of fitness, im going to be average at everything, and great at nothing. Until my wrist heals, its bulking and power training from here on out. Once my wrist heals, I can get back to olympic lifting which is my passion. I should be in the 94/105kg class anyways.

Ill eat healthy generally, but if theres a pizza in the oven or a bag of chips here and there i won’t pass it up.

after my current program is done, I think I’ll try a westside program. does anybody know if its okay to do clean pulls instead of deadlifts and olympic style squats instead of pl style when doing a westside program?

also, what is haphazard about my current program? is it too much work? I’m having a lot of fun doing it, it might be a bit heavy on the lower body

Find a powerlifting gym or a powerlifter. Ask him questions. Do what he says. Work out with people stronger than you.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
bench - maybe 225ish
squat - 300 ±10lbs
deadlift - 380[/quote]

you’re doing fine, Just make sure you don’t plateu. WE’re around the same strength right now and I’m finding it hard to not plateau in my lifts, unless I’m eating like 4000+ calories a day.