T Nation

Awkward Chest Shape

I noticed that the lower and outer portion of my chest is more developed than the other areas of my chest.

Basiclly i want to ask how i can build more of the inner and upper portion of the chest. I know that shape is determined by genetics, but CT has an article that suggest it is possible to induce more hypertrophy in certain areas of the chest.

Any suggestion? Thanks

Incline presses with a narrower grip than normal

[quote]Mondy wrote:
I noticed that the lower and outer portion of my chest is more developed than the other areas of my chest.

Basiclly i want to ask how i can build more of the inner and upper portion of the chest. I know that shape is determined by genetics, but CT has an article that suggest it is possible to induce more hypertrophy in certain areas of the chest.

Any suggestion? Thanks [/quote]

If you read the article, there was a chart that suggested which parts of the muscle would be hit harder by each different exercise.

You may simply want to try developing your whole chest more. Usually as the chest fills out, the weaknesses become less obvious. I don’t know that I’d spend a whole lot of time trying to focus just on the inner upper portion of the chest.

I had this problem before.

Incline cable flys off a swiss ball.

Incline db press keeping the elbows far back as possible

incline flys supersetted to incline dbs.

end of workout use one of those machines that have independent resistance and use short contracting reps.

fly machine that uses the elbows and don’t go deep,
than supper set to close grip incline barbell.