Awesome Vid of Scott Adkins Training

Never heard of the guy but he looks quick and powerful. What weight class?

Just saw that he is an actor. Does he compete or is he just the 21st century Van Damme?

Search function must really suck…

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Search function must really suck…[/quote]
Why would I use that shitty search engine to ask a question in a thread someone posted? It’s not like I’m the one who made the thread. Find something better to do than post in threads you dont care about.

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Search function must really suck…
Why would I use that shitty search engine to ask a question in a thread someone posted? It’s not like I’m the one who made the thread. Find something better to do than post in threads you dont care about.

[/quote]

First of all,how about a friendly “fuck you”…Second,if you paid attention around here,you’d know that I do plenty other than “post in threads I don’t care about.”

Third,I was addressing the OP,thank you…because there is a pretty good thread about Scott Adkins started by yours truly. My apologies for not making that clear. Fourth,chill out,young dynamite. And,yes,the search function does suck.

Since you haven’t figured it out on your own, yes, you should quote the person you are replying to if their post isnt directly above yours. Kinda helps everyone with who you are responding to ya dig?

I would also think that the person tossing around the “fuck you” is the one needing to chill. Good day.

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Since you haven’t figured it out on your own, yes, you should quote the person you are replying to if their post isnt directly above yours. Kinda helps everyone with who you are responding to ya dig?

I would also think that the person tossing around the “fuck you” is the one needing to chill. Good day.[/quote]

Hey,it was a “friendly” fuck you…remember? And besides,you set the tone for my response by being a jackass…hence the advice to chill out. But it’s all good…TX is big enough for the both of us.

But thanks for the advice…about time I learned that after 3000 posts…lol.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Hey,it was a “friendly” fuck you…remember? And besides,you set the tone for my response by being a jackass…hence the advice to chill out. But it’s all good…TX is big enough for the both of us.[/quote]

Point taken.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
But thanks for the advice…about time I learned that after 3000 posts…lol.[/quote]
At least we could agree on one thing =)

searches for original thread on adkins

[quote]Bondslave wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Hey,it was a “friendly” fuck you…remember? And besides,you set the tone for my response by being a jackass…hence the advice to chill out. But it’s all good…TX is big enough for the both of us.

Point taken.

Big_Boss wrote:
But thanks for the advice…about time I learned that after 3000 posts…lol.
At least we could agree on one thing =)

searches for original thread on adkins

[/quote]

LOL…I already tried searching…and to reiterate: the search function blows. Anyways:

Kick his ass BOSS! YEAH! Haha just messing around. So Boss was it me or did you notice atkins: A) drops his hand before he throws a hook B) Whilst throwing said hook, he drops his other hand as well and C) He drops his hand when busting out that knee as well. Just food for thought, but he has some impressive speed and power for a guy who looks more like a BB than a fighter.

Kick his ass BOSS! YEAH! Haha just messing around. So Boss was it me or did you notice atkins: A) drops his hand before he throws a hook B) Whilst throwing said hook, he drops his other hand as well and C) He drops his hand when busting out that knee as well. Just food for thought, but he has some impressive speed and power for a guy who looks more like a BB than a fighter.

[quote]Beershoes wrote:
Kick his ass BOSS! YEAH! Haha just messing around. So Boss was it me or did you notice atkins: A) drops his hand before he throws a hook B) Whilst throwing said hook, he drops his other hand as well and C) He drops his hand when busting out that knee as well. Just food for thought, but he has some impressive speed and power for a guy who looks more like a BB than a fighter.[/quote]

Well yeah,but for a movie star…that’s some good training. The thing that impresses me the most about him (which I touched on the thread I linked to Bondslave) is his insane acrobatic ability for a guy that doesn’t have the small,stereotypical frame. I’m not saying he’s huge,of course…just in comparison to most acrobatic martial arts actors.

But then again some people think 220lbs is huge regardless. He’s just not the typical cheesy martial arts actor we’re accustomed to. Especially with current trend of Hollywood trying to make actors martial artists for movies. That’s why I’m impressed by guys like Scott,Lateef Crowder(real-life Eddie Gordo),Tony Jaa,and Damien Walters. New era of “real” martial arts actors.

Bah please tell me I didn’t read that right. Please tell me you didn’t just say Tony Jaa.

That dude makes me rage so hard, he’s so overrated. He does the “wushu” (i.e for show/spectacle only) version of Muay Thai. Yet for some reason people stil think he would fuck up anyone he came across, despite the fact that’s he’s probably never been in a real fight in his life.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Bah please tell me I didn’t read that right. Please tell me you didn’t just say Tony Jaa.

That dude makes me rage so hard, he’s so overrated. He does the “wushu” (i.e for show/spectacle only) version of Muay Thai. Yet for some reason people stil think he would fuck up anyone he came across, despite the fact that’s he’s probably never been in a real fight in his life.[/quote]

Yeah…I’ve noticed that myself…more Wushu than the old style Muay Boran he pushes. But I don’t take offense to it as he is only an actor and doesn’t present himself as anything more than that.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Beershoes wrote:

Well yeah,but for a movie star…that’s some good training. The thing that impresses me the most about him (which I touched on the thread I linked to Bondslave) is his insane acrobatic ability for a guy that doesn’t have the small,stereotypical frame. I’m not saying he’s huge,of course…just in comparison to most acrobatic martial arts actors.

But then again some people think 220lbs is huge regardless. He’s just not the typical cheesy martial arts actor we’re accustomed to. Especially with current trend of Hollywood trying to make actors martial artists for movies. That’s why I’m impressed by guys like Scott,Lateef Crowder(real-life Eddie Gordo),Tony Jaa,and Damien Walters. New era of “real” martial arts actors. [/quote]

Very true boss, very true. I won’t lie I actually like the guy, but when people drop their hands while punching it makes me VERY angry!

[quote]Beershoes wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Beershoes wrote:

But then again some people think 220lbs is huge regardless. He’s just not the typical cheesy martial arts actor we’re accustomed to. Especially with current trend of Hollywood trying to make actors martial artists for movies. That’s why I’m impressed by guys like Scott,Lateef Crowder(real-life Eddie Gordo),Tony Jaa,and Damien Walters. New era of “real” martial arts actors.

Very true boss, very true. I won’t lie I actually like the guy, but when people drop their hands while punching it makes me VERY angry![/quote]

No doubt. I am constantly on my beginner students about dropping their hands during and in between combos on the mitts/pads. Then when I spar with them,I give them a “love tap” to show them why I stay on them. :slight_smile:

Gee, he’s strong, powerful and athletic but I wouldn’t call him “fast”.

Looked pretty quick to me