Who said anything about a video of you lifting? :smiley:

0_o wow…thats something

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Who said anything about a video of you lifting? :D[/quote]

I’ll FedEx her spare batteries.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
I so want to try this thing

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=81734562543978851[/quote]

I’ll stand behind the footplate and spot myself…er, I mean spot you.

I agree that if that video hadn’t been posted and they got one of them at my gym i would have just looked at it with a blank stare and asked myself wtf it was.

[quote]cakewalk wrote:
Would someone please explain the value of this setup, versus the Hammer Strength V-Squat or similar? I’m sure there’s a valid explanation re the physics of it.

I mean, it looks cool as all get out and I’d love to try it, but it seems to me that it’s a massive pile of iron to accomplish a simple task.

John[/quote]

I had a rep try to sell me on one when we were outfitting our new club. It was retardedly expensive for what it was…I bought a Vsquat and the Hammer Leg Press for the same amount. But you’re right that from appearances, it mimics the motion of the Vsquat.

I also would love to try their “jammer” I believe it’s called. It’s like a standing incline press/shoulder press. And if I’m not mistaking they have a “grip” machine and a calf flexion device for the anterior tibialis…all cool but hard to justify when the boss wants NICE SHINY CARDIO all over the fucking place.

[quote]medevac wrote:
cakewalk wrote:
Would someone please explain the value of this setup, versus the Hammer Strength V-Squat or similar? I’m sure there’s a valid explanation re the physics of it.

I mean, it looks cool as all get out and I’d love to try it, but it seems to me that it’s a massive pile of iron to accomplish a simple task.

John

I had a rep try to sell me on one when we were outfitting our new club. It was retardedly expensive for what it was…I bought a Vsquat and the Hammer Leg Press for the same amount. But you’re right that from appearances, it mimics the motion of the Vsquat.

I also would love to try their “jammer” I believe it’s called. It’s like a standing incline press/shoulder press. And if I’m not mistaking they have a “grip” machine and a calf flexion device for the anterior tibialis…all cool but hard to justify when the boss wants NICE SHINY CARDIO all over the fucking place.[/quote]

Their jammers are pretty good. Our weight room has 4 of them. Plus, they pull-up bars in them, so that really helps out.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
medevac wrote:
cakewalk wrote:

John

I also would love to try their “jammer” I believe it’s called. It’s like a standing incline press/shoulder press. And if I’m not mistaking they have a “grip” machine and a calf flexion device for the anterior tibialis…all cool but hard to justify when the boss wants NICE SHINY CARDIO all over the fucking place.

Their jammers are pretty good. Our weight room has 4 of them. Plus, they pull-up bars in them, so that really helps out.[/quote]

Four Jammers in one High Scool!!

You must be on the eastern slope.

Regular barbells and weights suck. They are like all heavy and stuff. I’m sure a cool machine would be much better.

And let’s get back to talking about OctoberGirl.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:

What a monstrosity. I don’t think you’ll be seeing those in too many gyms that don’t have 5000 square feet of floor space and 12’ ceilings.

No shit, that thing is ridiculous.

The movement pattern of the exercise looks nice, but there HAS to be a way that the same thing can be accomplished without putting the individual 10 feet in the air.

I pride myself on being extremely capable when walking into any gym, but if I had walked into a gym and seen that thing prior to seeing that video just now, I think I may have thought I had wandered onto the Transformers movie set.[/quote]

or the NASA training facility.

I so want to try this thing

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=81734562543978851

[/quote]

Well, at least you won’t be able to curl in that machine.

The lunk alarm should have gone off.

Well I don’t think it is the jammer because I just looked that up on the website and it doesn’t look like it is the V-Squat either.

looks to me like A transformer!

Whats the point of this? Can’t you use the power squat machine that EFS sells?

Well I don’t think it is the jammer because I just looked that up on the website and it doesn’t look like it is the V-Squat either.

[/quote]

What, the original video you posted? I think the name is the H squat or H sled. Not sure what the letters stand for (H squat, V squat, etc). I do know the DY row is named after Dorian Yates.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:

The movement pattern of the exercise looks nice, but there HAS to be a way that the same thing can be accomplished without putting the individual 10 feet in the air.
[/quote]

Yes there is. It’s called. A barbell.

Seriously though, this device embodies everything I think is wrong with modern gym culture. Over-complicating the stupidly simple. Lift something heavy, repeat as needed. How fking hard is that? You should need chalk when you lift weights, not a fking seatbelt.

[quote]thejonsdj wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

[/quote]

sure… sure… but then you aren’t 10 ft in the air in a cool transformer looking thing

anyone can do it old school

thejonsdj wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

sure… sure… but then you aren’t 10 ft in the air in a cool transformer looking thing

anyone can do it old school

[/quote]

And yet so few actually do.