T Nation

Awesome Squat Machine

I so want to try this thing

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=81734562543978851

Damn, my gym needs one of those.

No wait, I need one of those.

How do you get on it? Is there a ladder in the front?

[quote]rsg wrote:
Damn, my gym needs one of those.

No wait, I need one of those.[/quote]

Can you imagine? I know there would be such a line waiting to use that thing at my gym.

Without the barbell plates or human on it, I would think it was some kind of robot and/or torture machine.

@ronda
I think I see little stairs on the side.

[quote]rondastarr wrote:
How do you get on it? Is there a ladder in the front?[/quote]

You can see the steps in the centre of the machine when the weights are on the floor.

Looks pretty sweet. But it’s kind of funny seeing some guy on it so high up off the ground.

[quote]rsg wrote:
rondastarr wrote:

You can see the steps in the centre of the machine when the weights are on the floor.[/quote]

Ahh ok, I missed that somehow, Thanks!

It makes one kinda feel exposed, being way up on top of a machine like that in the middle of hte gym. However, if it was in my gym I would be thrilled.

Nice dig!

[quote]rsg wrote:
rondastarr wrote:

You can see the steps in the center of the machine when the weights are on the floor.[/quote]

Fixed =]

-dizzle

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
rsg wrote:
rondastarr wrote:

You can see the steps in the center of the machine when the weights are on the floor.

Fixed =]

-dizzle
[/quote]

Ahhhhh shudup.

:slight_smile:

Would someone please explain the value of this setup, versus the Hammer Strength V-Squat or similar? I’m sure there’s a valid explanation re the physics of it.

I mean, it looks cool as all get out and I’d love to try it, but it seems to me that it’s a massive pile of iron to accomplish a simple task.

John

You can’t see it, but there’s a sign on the side that says , “You must be at least this tall to get on this ride.”

[quote]cakewalk wrote:
Would someone please explain the value of this setup, versus the Hammer Strength V-Squat or similar? I’m sure there’s a valid explanation re the physics of it.

I mean, it looks cool as all get out and I’d love to try it, but it seems to me that it’s a massive pile of iron to accomplish a simple task.

John[/quote]

I would think it would take some of the load off your spine

I am going to try and find out if any of the local gyms out here have that thing

and in any case, the coolness factor would make me want to use it

[quote]cakewalk wrote:

John[/quote]

I’ve never seen a V-Squat, but that one lets you fully extend your hips at the end of the concentric, like a regular squat.

What a monstrosity. I don’t think you’ll be seeing those in too many gyms that don’t have 5000 square feet of floor space and 12’ ceilings.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

What a monstrosity. I don’t think you’ll be seeing those in too many gyms that don’t have 5000 square feet of floor space and 12’ ceilings.[/quote]

No shit, that thing is ridiculous.

The movement pattern of the exercise looks nice, but there HAS to be a way that the same thing can be accomplished without putting the individual 10 feet in the air.

I pride myself on being extremely capable when walking into any gym, but if I had walked into a gym and seen that thing prior to seeing that video just now, I think I may have thought I had wandered onto the Transformers movie set.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=81734562543978851[/quote]

OctoberGirl,

And I so want to see you on that thing…

Yes, I’m a very bad boy.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=81734562543978851

OctoberGirl,

And I so want to see you on that thing…