Awesome New Recipe!!!

OK,

I just made this, and it rocks. I call it “Turkeyburgers ala Starkdog :)” Here’s what you need:

A big casserole dish(lid will help too)

4-6 thawed frozen-turkey burgers
4-5 tablespoons of EVOO
10 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
Handful of sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 of a yellow(spanish) onion
Basil
Crushed Oregano
Thyme
Garlic Powder or freshly minced garlic
Black Pepper

1. Set oven to 450F or 451F if you are Ray Bradbury.

2. Mix EVOO, vinegar, and spices in casserole dish. If this doesn’t cover the bottom of the dish, add EVOO and more vinegar.

3. Place thawed turkeyburgers in dish to marinade.

4. Chop half of a Spanish onion, and sprinkle across top of burgers.

5. Add sun-dried tomatoes, and sprinkle with pepper to taste.

6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how well thawed the burgers are. Lid helps minimize splattering. Foil works well too.

7.* As an option, make another small batch of marinade, and drizzle it on some romaine lettuce, cucumber, grape tomatoes, and Spanish onion, for a tasty side salad.

What I like about this, is that the onions and tomatoes carmelize with the vinegar in the casserole dish to produce a wonderful flavor. This is a great P+F dinner, and takes less than 1/2 hour to make. Let me know if you like this recipe. -Starkdog

UUmmmmm…

Sounds GREAT, Stark!

(What is “EVOO”? I’m blanking!)

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
UUmmmmm…

Sounds GREAT, Stark!

(What is “EVOO”? I’m blanking!)

Mufasa

[/quote]
extra virgin olive oil

Thant wounds awesome!!! I’m going to try it…

I thought I’d add a good P+F dessert idea I had that came out very well:

Cheesecake:

1 c. cottage cheese
2 pkg. cream cheese
3 eggs
2 scoops Grow! (any flavor…I used vanilla)
stevia or other sweetner if desired
1/4 lemon juice (or more…just taste)

Blend this all up

Crust:
ground up almonds that are toasted
flax meal
little bit of melted butter

Press crust into bottom, pour over the filling, bake until almost set. (at about 350) Chill and eat!!

Has lots of protein and some decent fat…tastes great too!!

I’ve got a really palatable recipe myself. This is called “salsa chicken”.Simple,but once you taste it you’ll love it! Take some perdue lean chicken breasts( the type I use have only one gram of fat and 25 grams of protein per serving).Put some salsa on top and cook at 370 for 1 hour-1 hr and 30 minutes.Put some spices on top if you wish.It’s a fast meal,but a great homemade meal.