T Nation

Awesome New Bench!

If you’re a personal trainer and an avid gym rat like myself you have to check out this bench!

It called a Functional Training Bench and is being touted as the NeXt Generation of Exercise Benches.

I first saw it at a gym I train at in LI then I bought one to use for my in-home clients. I love it!! Plus my clients like it too which means it’s a great product.

You can perform a ton of exercises on it. Way more than a traditional bench and any body type fits the bench perfectly. It’s great for bodybuilders, athletes, and hard to please clients!!!

This bench actually adjust to you because it can move up and down and at angles. I wish I thought of it!!!

The best thing aboout the bench is how small it is. It fits in my trunk so it is easy to transport. No more blowing up swiss balls!!!

I can also train 2 or three people at the same time. Which means more $$$$ for me each session.

If yopu live in LI check out Power House gym in Lindenhurst. Finally a bench out there that fits in the dual axis cables and free motion equipment.

So check it out. It might be worth your while. I almost forgot. It is also great for all your Rear Delt work too!!!

Here is the link to their website.

www.matrixftb.com

Do I get a free carrot slicer if I order today?

4 easy payments of ONLY $39.99.
If you call in the next 20 minutes
only 3 payments of $39,99 !!!

Ron Popeil

Is it whisper quiet?

Will Tony Little deliver it and shout at me?

Have fun ever trying an actual barbell bench press on that thing.

Oh, I get it.

The website says its “functional”.

I suppose it’s just a coincidence that you registered today, huh?

[quote]Miserere wrote:
I suppose it’s just a coincidence that you registered today, huh?[/quote]

Yea, apparently he’s not a fan of box squats either.

That’s not so much a “bench” as it is a sex toy.

this IS what i’m talking about…

lol

This is hilarious.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
Have fun ever trying an actual barbell bench press on that thing. [/quote]

I have benched with it. You have to do it in a squat rack. I also suggest you use a spotter.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com [/quote]

Don’t knock it unti you have used it.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Yea, apparently he’s not a fan of box squats either.[/quote]

DUDE! Box squats don’t give you real muscle. It’s not functional. They just make you big and slow and weak, like all bodybuilding exercises.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Miserere wrote:

It’s not that I am not a fan of the box squat. Most people do not know how to box squat properly. I actually box squat my athletes during certain phases of the season. Most people box squat so they can load up the bar and that is not an effective way of training.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
Miserere wrote:

yes indeed. the problem with most of these replies is they are probably narrow minded meat heads who do not think outside the box. There are many different ways to train and many different apparatuses to use. This bench is just another way to add versatility to your arsenal of training protocols.

[quote]Northcott wrote:
SWR-1240 wrote:

DUDE! Box squats don’t give you real muscle. It’s not functional. They just make you big and slow and weak, like all bodybuilding exercises.

[/quote]

I definately agree with you on the bodybuilding part!!! All the care about is Time Under Tension(TUT). I do not care about load on box squats. I use them more as a tool to get my athletes more comfortable sitting back after assessing there biomechanical restrictions during the movement.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:

lol[/quote]

Cutler looks like a chemically enhanced Chris Farley.

Oh yeah, this “fucntional” bench costs 500 bucks. I think I will start selling Olympic bars with a lil loop for bands, call thme the first “functional” bar and sell them for 250 bucks a pop. What a crock.

[quote]uvat94 wrote:
SWR-1240 wrote:
Miserere wrote:

It’s not that I am not a fan of the box squat. Most people do not know how to box squat properly. I actually box squat my athletes during certain phases of the season. Most people box squat so they can load up the bar and that is not an effective way of training.[/quote]

First, I don’t see why you choose this thread to defend how you use or don’t use box squats, considering that your post giving the bad advice is being questioned in the thread asking about box squats.

I have used box squats to work up to a 3RM, and every so often, a 1RM, and they have helped me greatly in powerlifting.

I first learned about them from an article by Dave Tate, and from other guys over at elitefts.com.

I’ve done dynamic box squats, explosively with around 55% of my 1RM, and I’ve done them during a max-effort lower body day.

They have improved my squat form, and strength, and my lower back has never hurt from doing them.

I wouldn’t pay money to be trained by someone who thinks one should never go heavy with box squats.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:
uvat94 wrote:
SWR-1240 wrote:
Miserere wrote:

It’s not that I am not a fan of the box squat. Most people do not know how to box squat properly. I actually box squat my athletes during certain phases of the season. Most people box squat so they can load up the bar and that is not an effective way of training.

First, I don’t see why you choose this thread to defend how you use or don’t use box squats, considering that your post giving the bad advice is being questioned in the thread asking about box squats.

I have used box squats to work up to a 3RM, and every so often, a 1RM, and they have helped me greatly in powerlifting.

I first learned about them from an article by Dave Tate, and from other guys over at elitefts.com.

I’ve done dynamic box squats, explosively with around 55% of my 1RM, and I’ve done them during a max-effort lower body day.

They have improved my squat form, and strength, and my lower back has never hurt from doing them.

I wouldn’t pay money to be trained by someone who thinks one should never go heavy with box squats.[/quote]

That’s fine. I respect your opinion

FYI. The box squats have helped you because neurologically you are getting a training effect at 55-60%. Working at that % is equal to working at your 1rm. They are also known as Speed Squats.

It’s just a safer way of training and way to stimulate your nervous system without staying in teh 90th percentile all the time. Which will lead to injury.

[quote]nikolo wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:

lol

Cutler looks like a chemically enhanced Chris Farley.

Oh yeah, this “fucntional” bench costs 500 bucks. I think I will start selling Olympic bars with a lil loop for bands, call thme the first “functional” bar and sell them for 250 bucks a pop. What a crock.
[/quote]

How can you say it’s a crock unless you have actually tried it? You can spend 500 bucks ina weekend partying or spend it on a lifetime of health and fitness. Don’t be so close minded