AVPR

I seem to remember a thread discussing this but I can’t find it.

All I want to say is that I just wasted god knows how much of my life watching this useless shit.

No plot, weak special effects, no new weaponry (at least nothing that Indiana Jones hasn’t used before).

I mean come on Hollywood. This was about as scary as a fart in a hot tub.

My 13 yr old daughter watched it with me and when it’d finished she asked me why did with sit through that garbage.

Oh wow! A predator comes to track down aliens on earth. Some blonde skinny bint is the only one that can fly a chopper. There’s a bit of a disagreement about how to get out of town.

For fucks sake give me strength.

I lolled out loud in the cinema when the blonde was hit by the throwing blade, and how she somehow ended up stuck into the wall about 2m from the floor.

I also lolled when the people got hit by the nuke who were in the middle of the town, and at the tramps in the sewer.

Even though Sweeney Todd sucked, this was worse.

I enjoyed it, it was just as crappy as I expected, loathed all the main characters and was glad to watch 'em die. I wished they’d focused more on the Aliens and the Predator, since they were in the title and all, but the shitty acting/love story payed off when the Blonde chick got stapled to the wall by the throwing star from [i]Krull.

AVPR was awesome. No other movie delivered like it.

yeah, it was good to switch ur brain off for a bit, the throwing star was fun. did anyone else feel uncomftable with the kid getting facehugged, then chestbursted?

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
yeah, it was good to switch ur brain off for a bit, the throwing star was fun. did anyone else feel uncomftable with the kid getting facehugged, then chestbursted?[/quote]

That was probably one of the best bits in the film. At least it had a bit of shock value.

Things exploded and people fired lots of guns and stuff. That alone made it enjoyable for me.

To be honest, after the last one I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece; this was better than watching nothing, but not something I’d bother to see again.

It was a hell of a lot better than the first one. I must say I quite enjoyed it, I found the nuke bit at the end a bit unlucky for the people in the town centre. I also like how only one predator is sent to earth, they must be an arrogant species.

The hospital bit was quite well done, also the soldiers who come to the town last about 5 minutes but the civillians manage to survive (until the nuke of cousre).

Does any one know what the ending was all about, who was that woman?

what woman? the company woman? (geek time…) remeber the nasty corp in the alien films weyland-yutami? well in th first avp the old guy was weyland, th woman from the second was yutami. dont know how it all comes together in the end but after reading a few alien and predator comics (warned you) its blatanly evil cloak and dagger stuff

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
story payed off when the Blonde chick got stapled to the wall by the throwing star from [i]Krull.[/quote]

That was it, I was in histerics at that bit. She went about a metre higher than she physically would have. lol.

The most stupid part for me was when that guy “just happend upon the predator” in the woods but in the very first predator the best team of elite badass mother fu*kers on the planet all got whooped without even a glimpse of the predator! (except arnold of course!)

[quote]TseanS wrote:
The most stupid part for me was when that guy “just happend upon the predator” in the woods but in the very first predator the best team of elite badass mother fu*kers on the planet all got whooped without even a glimpse of the predator! (except arnold of course!)[/quote]

I actually missed that but you are totally right - there is becoming less and less continuity in these so called block buster films being churned out.

Maybe most people don’t care, as long as there are enough special effects and explosions. Personally I prefer a little more skill in the story telling department.

Not that I don’t like guns & bullets & explosions. I do, but the whole industry of big budget films seems to me to be going back to the old Buck Rodgers style of writing. Potentially good story but…

Right at the end of an episode he goes over a cliff in a space ship. He can’t survive. You see him in the cockpit and then the whole lot hits the cliff and goes boom.

Cut to next week. Instead of being behind the wheel he’s leapt out just before it went over the edge.

Come on Hollywood. You can do so much better.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
did anyone else feel uncomftable with the kid getting facehugged, then chestbursted?[/quote]

Spolier

Hell no! But the lowest hanging fruit would have been the pregnant women and infants being slaughtered en-masse in the hospital scene. I loved the ultra-violence! Usually I find AVP or Rambo style violence extremely awesome. What I find disturbing is the psychological/horror flicks like the Saw series or Hostel or whatever.

Give me alien acid-blood burning people’s faces off any day. That shit rules.

On that note, this movie actually doesn’t even come close to the quality of the original Predator with Schwarz.

rambo was 10x better… the fuckin gibs and heads lopping off and shit made me want to eat babies and squat 3000 lbs

the new rambo?

‘Hell no! But the lowest hanging fruit would have been the pregnant women and infants being slaughtered en-masse in the hospital scene’
shit i fogot about that, probably the sickest thing ever, still morbidly fascinating

AVPR was pretty much as good as I expected it to be, given that it’s a sequel and based on two other franchises. That’s a few strikes against it from the start. It would’ve been a good rental, but wasn’t worth the $20+ bucks in the theater.

Anyone else catch the “Get to the chopper!” line at the end, on the hospital rooftop? I think I was the only one in the theater to get it, and it cracked me up.
http://revver.com/video/578331/avpr-get-to-the-chopper-clip/

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
AVPR was pretty much as good as I expected it to be, given that it’s a sequel and based on two other franchises. That’s a few strikes against it from the start. It would’ve been a good rental, but wasn’t worth the $20+ bucks in the theater.

Anyone else catch the “Get to the chopper!” line at the end, on the hospital rooftop? I think I was the only one in the theater to get it, and it cracked me up.
http://revver.com/video/578331/avpr-get-to-the-chopper-clip/ [/quote]

Holy crap dude! Last time I stayed in NY it was on the upper east side and I didn’t pay 20$ for a movie! What part of town costs that much?

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
the new rambo?
[/quote]

No I haven’t seen it yet, but it looks awesome. I’ve been in withdrawal ever since T2 came out. I think that was the last extremely awesome movie that came out of the Commando/Rambo/Predator/Total Recall era…

I seriously don’t understand why Hollywood isn’t pumping out quality action flicks anymore. There has to be a market.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Chris Colucci wrote:

http://revver.com/video/578331/avpr-get-to-the-chopper-clip/

Holy crap dude! Last time I stayed in NY it was on the upper east side and I didn’t pay 20$ for a movie! What part of town costs that much?[/quote]

I just saw this, hence the late reply. I’m on Long Island, and it was at a pretty nice Stadium-style (big seats, clean, etc.) theater. $10.50 each. Me and my gal, plus absurdly over-priced drinks and snackage.

Thanks a lot for ruining the plot guys!

I guess I’ll just wait for the book to come out…