AVPR... Spoilers!

I didn’t see a topic for this film yet so I decided to start one. Just saw this today and I was very pleased with it. They definitely made up for the first AVP which I absolutely hated.

I thought it was very cool that they killed kids and pregnant women. It showed that nothing was safe from the Aliens… except the homeless man’s dog. I was kind of hoping a face hugger would have gotten to him.

So did anyone else see the film yet?

Good to hear that it was better than the first. I refuse to see this one in the theater after the first one stole my 10 dollars. The alien tail tip spear in the first one was just one of the most what the fuck were they thinking moments I can remember in movie history for me.

I saw it this past evening with the wife. We almost saw Alvin and the chipmunks but I won the coin toss…ha ha ha!
It would have been nice if there had been more than one predator. Other than that I liked it…but the first is always the best. I’m referring to the original “PREDATOR”

Just saw it last night,… a few thoughts:

1- Story seems like it was written by a 15 year old. Everything is cliche and gratuitous (and not in a good way)

2- Directing is just poor. I don’t know who these guys are (couple of brothers), but most of what could have been cool action scenes were completely unintelligable, badly lit, poorly edited, and non engaging

3- Characters were so formulaic that you don’t just not care, you consciously don’t care and feel a bit of resentment about it.

4- Despite all of the above criticism, if the encounters between the Predtor and the Aliens was done well you’d find something redeeming… but they’re.

I Want my money back.

S

Mighty Stu: Interesting post

1 - I would have preferred it if AVPR was set on another planet in the future with the Aliens, Predators and Humans all battling it out. I thought that for an Earth based AVPR they did okay. I didn’t think it was horrible by any means.

2 - I’m guessing it must be hard to do action with the Aliens. I prefer how they did it in this film as opposed to making them CGI. My only complaint about the action was that the movie was literally so dark that at times it was hard to make out what was going on.

3 - I will agree with you about the characters. Yet for some reason, whoever wrote this movies thinks we care about humans… nope, I just wanted to see the Predator kill and kill some more.

4 - Like I said earlier, I feel like they did the action between the Aliens and Predator about the best they could.

I actually want to go see it again.

I liked it, alot. Gratuitous violence rocks.

That and the way the hot blonde dies, wow, friggin hilarious.

I enjoyed it, and felt like I got pretty much what I paid for. I agree that the action scenes were dark and poorly lit, but that’s the way they’ve always been in the Alien movies. I also liked the fact that it was still guys in rubber suits instead of CG.

I’m kind of mixed on the Aliens killing pregnant women and children issue. It bothered me, and I’m sure it was supposed to. But I wanted this movie to be fun, like the first two Predator flicks, and it was for the most part, but the pregnant moms getting butchered kind of spoiled that mood and made it harder to laugh at the funny shit that came latter.

I’m probably biased. Ever since I saw the first Predator movie, when I was like 8 or 9, I’ve always hoped I’d get kidnapped and adopted by the Predators and taught their ways.

NEGATIVES

-Too much time wasted on “character” development with the humans.

-Love story angle was exceptionally annoying and stupid.

-Fight scenes too dark and too short.

POSITIVES

-The love interest gets stapled to the wall with the throwing star thing from Krull.

-Even though the Predators have the technology to travel the galaxy on safari expeditions, they never bothered to develop anesthetics. How badass is that? Very.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I enjoyed it, and felt like I got pretty much what I paid for. I agree that the action scenes were dark and poorly lit, but that’s the way they’ve always been in the Alien movies. I also liked the fact that it was still guys in rubber suits instead of CG.

I’m kind of mixed on the Aliens killing pregnant women and children issue. It bothered me, and I’m sure it was supposed to. But I wanted this movie to be fun, like the first two Predator flicks, and it was for the most part, but the pregnant moms getting butchered kind of spoiled that mood and made it harder to laugh at the funny shit that came latter.

I’m probably biased. Ever since I saw the first Predator movie, when I was like 8 or 9, I’ve always hoped I’d get kidnapped and adopted by the Predators and taught their ways.

NEGATIVES

-Too much time wasted on “character” development with the humans.

-Love story angle was exceptionally annoying and stupid.

-Fight scenes too dark and too short.

POSITIVES

-The love interest gets stapled to the wall with the throwing star thing from Krull.

-Even though the Predators have the technology to travel the galaxy on safari expeditions, they never bothered to develop anesthetics. How badass is that? Very.

[/quote]

I pretty much agree with what you had to say except for the pregnant women and kids issure. It didn’t bother me in the least. I thought that the little kid would get away in the beginning but I was excited when the face hugger got him. I was thinking this is going to be a great movie and it was.