Avoiding Everything for Two Weeks

Hi guys, a buddy of mine suggested me to take two weeks off completely, without any type of training, cardio, cycling, bodyweight excersises, anything…

My main problem is that I simply can’t force myself to do that. I just had two weeks “deloading”, trainig with light weights, new excersises, training for the pump. I don’t feel myself ran down, quite the opposite. I felt miserable a month-two months ago, but since then I tweaked my training a bit for less taxing.

Also, I don’t really like the idea of avoiding any type of physical activity for two weeks in the summer… Every minute I spend indoors is suffering, I really like to enjoy this fuckin sunny weather… Easy for him as his back is so painful that he barely can sit or walk when he does not have to go to training… :frowning:

Just wondering bout your experiences with taking two weeks of completely…

If you’ve just deloaded WTF would you want/ benefit from a two week off period?

Edited to make sense!

Why would you listen to a buddy with a bad back? How many champions has he trained? What is is expertise on bodybuilding? Why two weeks? Why not three? A month? Two?

If your head is in the game, lift.

If you are feeling miserable, deload or take a week off.

Stupid idea.

Also, deload with less volume, not less weight.

Ok thanks for your responses.

Thanks for the advice for the deloading with lower volume too. Also, I don’t know how you feel about it, but it’s hard for me to avoid the gym when I’m at home. on holiday, it’s no problem, coz I don’t wanna think about training when I’m travelling and experiencing new stuff, but it’s a part of my weeks to lift 3-4 times.

Haha, I guess it was such a stupid idea to open this thread, as I already knew what I wanted to do, what I wanted to hear, and I got the very same in the responds.

Thanks for your ideas! I’m back on track then

You should take your two weeks off.
I’m sure you’ll come back stronger than you were before.

haha
Just go by feel if you are barely making it to the gym or when you start in the gym and everythin feels like shit…strength, energy levels…basically you dont even need a week off…everyone prescribes that.
Take a few days off and get good sleep and good nutrition if you’ve been slackin on that a bit. Should feel better.

If you’re going to take it off because you feel run down (low energy levels, joints hurting, injuries sprouting up) then do it. If it’s just because your bitch ass friend said you should, then don’t.

I’ve been forced to take time off due to injuries. It drove me insane. Good luck

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
I’ve been forced to take time off due to injuries. It drove me insane. Good luck[/quote]

same and ive been sick the past week…its killing me

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
I’ve been forced to take time off due to injuries. It drove me insane. Good luck

same and ive been sick the past week…its killing me[/quote]

x3. I hate taking time off but sometimes it’s necessary. I’m taking the next
3 days completely off going on a trip. If I take more than like 2 days off
without going somewhere like a trip or something I start losing it and feel like
I haven’t trained in ages.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

same and ive been sick the past week…its killing me[/quote]

The first injury I managed to keep on training and mainly work around the problem but this last one it completely took me out of the game. You’ve got stay strong and listen to your body. Our minds are truly stronger than our bodies.

jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

The first injury I managed to keep on training and mainly work around the problem but this last one it completely took me out of the game. You’ve got stay strong and listen to your body. Our minds are truly stronger than our bodies. [/quote]

Yeah I keep tweaking my traps whether it’s right up the top or almost mid back, I honestly can only think it’s due to the rapid increase in strength and volume I’ve had this year, the first time I felt it I was doing lateral raises and was almost in tears cause I tried to work through the pain, which was incredibly stupid however a guy with ‘gorilla’ muscle was there who the day before sold me some protein and I wanted too show off. Yes I used the term gorilla muscle

jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

The first injury I managed to keep on training and mainly work around the problem but this last one it completely took me out of the game. You’ve got stay strong and listen to your body. Our minds are truly stronger than our bodies. [/quote]

Yeah I keep tweaking my traps whether it’s right up the top or almost mid back, I honestly can only think it’s due to the rapid increase in strength and volume I’ve had this year, the first time I felt it I was doing lateral raises and was almost in tears cause I tried to work through the pain, which was incredibly stupid however a guy with ‘gorilla’ muscle was there who the day before sold me some protein and I wanted too show off. Yes I used the term gorilla muscle

jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

The first injury I managed to keep on training and mainly work around the problem but this last one it completely took me out of the game. You’ve got stay strong and listen to your body. Our minds are truly stronger than our bodies.

Yeah I keep tweaking my traps whether it’s right up the top or almost mid back, I honestly can only think it’s due to the rapid increase in strength and volume I’ve had this year, the first time I felt it I was doing lateral raises and was almost in tears cause I tried to work through the pain, which was incredibly stupid however a guy with ‘gorilla’ muscle was there who the day before sold me some protein and I wanted too show off. Yes I used the term gorilla muscle[/quote]

My chiro links it to a weak core and the sudden explosion in size and strength. Going from 203 to 266 (at my bloated peak) in 24 weeks and having all my numbers suddenly go up at least 80-120lbs looks good on paper but my body couldn’t hang. Like C_C says, I’ll probably tear a pec doing wrist curls with my knack for injury LMFAO!

jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

My chiro links it to a weak core and the sudden explosion in size and strength. Going from 203 to 266 (at my bloated peak) in 24 weeks and having all my numbers suddenly go up at least 80-120lbs looks good on paper but my body couldn’t hang. Like C_C says, I’ll probably tear a pec doing wrist curls with my knack for injury LMFAO! [/quote]

yeah I think a weak core is my problem as well, i dont do any ab work and i generally wear a belt for most things in the hopes of keeping my waist tighter