T Nation

Avoid Water Weight With Creatine?

Is it possible? Does it depend on doseages? How close to weigh-in’s should i stop taking it?

Does it really matter?

You shouldnt start takeing creatine right before a meet if you are close to moveing up a weight class…

Unless you want to move up a weight class that is.

Thats all I can realy help with.

That’s easy. Stop taking it.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Does it really matter?[/quote]

I walk above my weight limit & need to cut so yeah, it does matter.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Does it really matter?

I walk above my weight & need to cut so yeah, it does matter.[/quote]

Cant afford a weight increase dont take it in any form. If it doesnt add water/hydration then it aint working/doing its job

Phill

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Does it really matter?

I walk above my weight & need to cut so yeah, it does matter.[/quote]

Why would you keep using something that can potentially increase your weight if your goal is to reduce your weight?

Thats a tough one, since uptake and storage within the cells is largely dependent on water.

I’d ask someone like Barr or Lowery about this.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Thats a tough one, since uptake and storage within the cells is largely dependent on water.

I’d ask someone like Barr or Lowery about this.
[/quote]

You really need to ask someone else about this? Wow.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Thats a tough one, since uptake and storage within the cells is largely dependent on water.[/quote]

No, it’s not hard at all. Drink water + creatine = weight gain. Don’t drink water + creatine = extreme cramping.

If the OP doesn’t want to gain much weight, he can just limit his intake to 3 grams a day. Though why even take it?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
sjfou wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Does it really matter?

I walk above my weight & need to cut so yeah, it does matter.

Why would you keep using something that can potentially increase your weight if your goal is to reduce your weight?[/quote]

Because i only walk a few kg over the limit, the next limit is 10kgs up, & im not going to put 10kgs on. If its only a couple of lbs of water ill gain & say ill get rid of it in 2 weeks & fight every 2-3 months - why not use creatine for all its benefits up to the point i start to cut?

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sjfou wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Does it really matter?

Why would you keep using something that can potentially increase your weight if your goal is to reduce your weight?

Because i only walk a few kg over the limit, the next limit is 10kgs up, & im not going to put 10kgs on. If its only a couple of lbs of water ill gain & say ill get rid of it in 2 weeks & fight every 2-3 months - why not use creatine for all its benefits up to the point i start to cut?
[/quote]

That isn’t what you asked initially. There is nothing wrong at all with using it and then cutting it out when you begin to drop weight or weeks before. However, attempting to make creatine not do what creatine does is ridiculous.

From this article: http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=06-086-diet

Ths why I was refering to Barr and Lowery.

I can understand the response though. It does seem like a foregone conclusion that you should avoid creatine when trying to make weight for an event, but sometimess it’s good to try to maintain creatine levels, cell volume and the ability to perform at a high level in what could be considered a depleted state.

What say you guys to that?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
sjfou wrote:
Professor X wrote:
sjfou wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Does it really matter?

That isn’t what you asked initially. There is nothing wrong at all with using it and then cutting it out when you begin to drop weight or weeks before. However, attempting to make creatine not do what creatine does is ridiculous. [/quote]

OR keep using it and if you can spare it drop the few extra Lbs of BF

Phill