Avocados In a Bulking Diet?

how do you keep them (avocados) fresh after you eat half. they brown so quickly…
i know, i know. someone is going to say just eat the whole thing! but i’d like to know anyhow.
thanks

[quote]gaeveric wrote:
how do you keep them (avocados) fresh after you eat half. they brown so quickly…
i know, i know. someone is going to say just eat the whole thing! but i’d like to know anyhow.
thanks[/quote]

Eat the half w/o the pit first then put some lemon/lime juice around the the other (keep the pit it). I guess this keeps it from oxidizing.

[quote]carld57 wrote:
gaeveric wrote:
thanks

Eat the half w/o the pit first then put some lemon/lime juice around the the other (keep the pit it). I guess this keeps it from oxidizing.[/quote]

That and Ziplock it suck the air out and refridgerate.
they hold for a few days if you can stop from eating it that long.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Here is my favorite.

Really quick and easy:

Guacomole

1 ripe avocado

Lemon Juice

Freshly ground white pepper (salt if you like)

1. Buy a nice, ripe avocado, free of bruises. To ripen an avocado, place it in a paper bag for a day or two.

2. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, and remove the peel and pit.

3. In a glass bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice, (salt) and pepper until it is smooth. Add chopped tomato and yellow onion.

4. Cover and refrigerate it until ready to use.

VIOLA!

Mufasa

[/quote]

You spelled voila wrong. :wink:

I’m just giving ya hell =P