Avocado fat...worthy or not???

I have taken a particular liking to avocados as of late (delicious!). How does avocado fat stack up compared to other fats? It does contain a small amount of fiber so that is a good thing. Are there any other benefits that would make it something to consider. Would it mesh in with other fats currently used on the t-dawg 2.0 diet?

Definitely a healthy fat and one that I often indulge in.

yes i read how it is a healthy fat. any ideas on caloric content. might be great for bulking stage.

They are an excellent source of EFAs as well as iron, copper, potassium, phosphorous magnesium, A, B, B1, B2, B3, C, E. They are low in sugar, and recommended for people with diabetes and or people with sugar/carb tolerance. There is also research that shows they help keep a mans prostate healthy, as well as the liver.

Avacado is mostly monounsaturated fat. I rarely care for them by themselves, but they’re great as part of a sushi roll. :slight_smile:

Due to their price, I only eat about 2-3 avocados a week (they’re basically a treat for me), and damned if they aren’t tasty. Everyone pretty much covered it…good source of monounsaturated fats…

2 ripe Avacados, fresh garlic, fresh clantro, a lime, salt. I could eat that by the spoonful out of the bowl! Who needs tortilla chips???

It's also great with eggs.

I guess I feel bad for never having eaten one…

1 Avacado + Several slices of melted swiss cheese = HOLEY MOLI! (get it? holy moly! haha)
Avacados just flat out rock, nuff said.

Avocados are an excellent choice for your protein and fat meals. Mucho calories (approx. 300), bland in flavor (so you don’t get so damn sick of eating them) and tons of healthy fats, what else could you want in a food? I eat about 4 per week.

Mix in half an avocado with a can of tuna, a few sunflower seeds, and a little grated cheese. Damn that’s good!!

Avocado’s very healthy. Thank God, cuz I like them so much. I used to eat a lot of them every week. Now I stopped doing that though cuz I can eat two or three a day!!! X_X

Thanks for all of the input. I am going to put avocado’s on the grocery list from now on. It’s always nice to add some healthy variety to the diet.