Avg Obese Woman Gets 1hr Excercise Per Year

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/24774893/average-obese-woman-gets-just-1-hour-of-exercise-a-year-study

Average obese woman gets just 1 hour of exercise a year

THURSDAY, Feb. 20, 2014 (HealthDay News) – A new study suggests that obese women get just one hour of vigorous exercise a year, while obese men don’t do much better at fewer than four hours.

The findings startled the researchers, whose main focus was finding better ways to measure how much exercise people get.

“They’re living their lives from one chair to another,” said Edward Archer, a research fellow with the Nutrition Obesity Research Center at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. “We didn’t realize we were that sedentary. There are some people who are vigorously active, but it’s offset by the huge number of individuals who are inactive.”

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than one in three people in the United States is obese, a step above being overweight. Obesity boosts the risk of cardiovascular problems such as heart disease and stroke, diabetes and some cancers.

Last one and I’m out. Nobody wins in a fatty pic war with Derek. He posts stuff that violates the Geneva Conventions.

^ I can totally respect this woman. so many obese people are like, “I don’t know how this happened, I closely watch everything I eat.”

This one is just sitting there, gnawing on her 2lb block o’cheese, just daring someone to say something.

I love her spirit.

Edit: My God, she’s going to wash it down with a 2L bottle of Dad’s Red Cream Soda. That’s the goddamn quad Salchow of eating, right there.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

Edit: My God, she’s going to wash it down with a 2L bottle of Dad’s Red Cream Soda. That’s the goddamn quad Salchow of eating, right there.[/quote]

Are you a member of the Dictionary word of the day? B/c that was today’s word lol.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

Edit: My God, she’s going to wash it down with a 2L bottle of Dad’s Red Cream Soda. That’s the goddamn quad Salchow of eating, right there.[/quote]

Are you a member of the Dictionary word of the day? B/c that was today’s word lol.[/quote]

No, but my GF has the Olympics going all day.

It was spread out over two 30 minutes recumbent stationary bike sessions on January 2nd and 3rd.

[quote]Nards wrote:
It was spread out over two 30 minutes recumbent stationary bike sessions on January 2nd and 3rd.[/quote]
That poor bike

[quote]therajraj wrote:

“They’re living their lives from one chair to another,” said Edward Archer, a research fellow with the Nutrition Obesity Research Center at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. “We didn’t realize we were that sedentary. There are some people who are vigorously active, but it’s offset by the huge number of individuals who are inactive.”
[/quote]

The way this was written, I had to double-check that it wasn’t an onion article.
Living from one chair to another, lol!

[quote]debraD wrote:
.[/quote]

I’m kind of impressed she threw an entire table…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
.[/quote]

I’m kind of impressed she threw an entire table…[/quote]

then blocked a chair. then caught one. without dropping her purse.

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
.[/quote]

I’m kind of impressed she threw an entire table…[/quote]

then blocked a chair. then caught one. without dropping her purse. [/quote]

The one handed catch is the pinnacle of her actions, that’s for sure!

I have nothing against woman eating the block of cheese. I am lactose intolerant, but I refuse to allow myself to judge someone by that. As I understand it, it’s not a “lifestyle”, you are born that way. At least, I’m lead to believe that by those cheese-lovers.

I’m not the one to fat bash anyone, but these people know better…yet they refuse to get moving. I see more and more young people with canes, those rolling cart things they can sit on, leaning on shopping carts in the stores and so on. Some of these people will be in a nursing home at age 50 once they lose their ability to care for themselves.

Rob