Average Measurements?

I am setting my goals for increased muscle mass and needed to know info on the “average” or “above average” size of shoulders, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves, upper arms, and forearms of a male 5’-9".

My daughter recently took part in a high school power lifting meet and I was noticing the size of the male participants and tried to discreetly compare my recent muscle gains to those around me.

It is difficult to start a conversation with a high school student about body measurements and so I thought I would post here to see if I could get some info.

LGK

As far as I know there is no defacto standard for how big every bodypart should be for a particular height. Why not just worry about becoming bigger, stronger and leaner than YOU are right now?

It is the law that you must show us a picture of your 130lb frame in this forum

please add pictures of your 10 inch calves and for extra bonus points claim to have good genetics.

about 5.5 inches…

wait what are we talking about?

[quote]Scott M wrote:
about 5.5 inches…
wait what are we talking about?[/quote]

That’s a low estimate isn’t?

Oh, shit! This thread just took a turn for the worse.

OP, there’s some stuff about wrist circumference dictating ‘ideal’ porportions for the body. Google it.

If you are comparing your physique to that of a bunch of HS lifters and are left wondering if you are average or not…you probably aren’t. Yet.

Squats and milk, and the rest will take care of itself.

Thanks for the wrist / google info - just what I was looking for.