T Nation

Average Man Stats

Check out this page. Although I don’t trust those squat and deadlift numbers at the end considering what I have seen in my local gym.

http://www.pipeline.com/~dada3zen/average.htm

* bench press (max) = 135 - 185 lbs.
* deadlift (max) = 185 - 235 lbs.
* squat (max) = 185 - 235 lbs.
* bicep curl (max double) = 60 - 100 lbs.
* bicep curl (max single) = 30 - 50 lbs.

To those of you who lift weights (and are NOT genetic freaks), don’t let the bastards drag you down. Just keep on keeping on with the weights, fuck all the rest!

end quote - at the bottom of the page

wow… lol… don’t let them get you down if you are weak!.. make sure to keep your self esteem up boys.
If after 1-2 years of lifting decently, your numbers are not surpassing those, you have failed miserably.

That was a very strange website.

That was interesting stuff but seems pretty accurate. Also yeah unless your some old man, if you are not surpassing some of those lifts in year or two you should reevaluate what your doing.

Also this back to back was pretty funny
"The part of a man’s body that’s the biggest turn-on for the average woman: His butt
The part the average guy spends the most time trying to develop: His chest "

Thought most men try to develop biceps the most, guess was wrong.

[quote]AVERAGE MAN (spectrum) :

* height = 5'8 - 5'10
* weight = 160 - 180 lbs.

To those of you who lift weights (and are NOT genetic freaks), don’t let the bastards drag you down. Just keep on keeping on with the weights, fuck all the rest!
[/quote]

It doesn’t take much to be a “genetic freak” now-a-days.

Most average guys can’t even perform a full squat let alone a 235lb squat.

I’m 5’6" 150 pounds and I can all of that and I consider myself to have a long way to go in my training.

The deadlift number is a joke.

how depressing

[quote]Professor X wrote:
AVERAGE MAN (spectrum) :

* height = 5'8 - 5'10

It doesn’t take much to be a “genetic freak” now-a-days.[/quote]

Sad isn’t it? I get comments all the time about my build and I think I’m fat and out of shape compared to how I used to look

[quote]Professor X wrote:
AVERAGE MAN (spectrum) :

* height = 5'8 - 5'10

It doesn’t take much to be a “genetic freak” now-a-days.[/quote]

My wife would be considered a genetic freak…if she were a man.

My translation: These pussies lift worse than a girl.

Sadly - these are the very morons this site is creaming their pants over.

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:

end quote - at the bottom of the page

wow… lol… don’t let them get you down if you are weak!.. make sure to keep your self esteem up boys.
If after 1-2 years of lifting decently, your numbers are not surpassing those, you have failed miserably.
[/quote]

Wait, you mean you guys can do MORE than that? What are you guys, some steroid dopers or something?

That article was one big ego boost for me.

The problem with that isn’t the stats, but with the “average.” You take one guy who trains and stays in solid over all shape, add his numbers to those of 3 random people off the street who probably don’t do much of anything to stay in shape, divide by four and that’s what you’d get.

[quote]
AVERAGE MAN (spectrum) :

* height = 5'8 - 5'10

To those of you who lift weights (and are NOT genetic freaks), don’t let the bastards drag you down. Just keep on keeping on with the weights, fuck all the rest![/quote]

ha! I am as strong as the average man, but not nearly as big.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
The problem with that isn’t the stats, but with the “average.” You take one guy who trains and stays in solid over all shape, add his numbers to those of 3 random people off the street who probably don’t do much of anything to stay in shape, divide by four and that’s what you’d get.[/quote]

I think that was partially the point. I don’t remember the specifics but a couple of the items in there were “men who think they’re in shape” and “men who actually are in shape” and there was a huge difference between the two.

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
That article was one big ego boost for me. [/quote]

Same! Thanks man! Now i wanna go lift!! =D

I don’t buy those numbers, sorry but I

I don’t buy those numbers, sorry but I just don’t.

Who is the average man again? Did they just walk around with a survey and ask the average dude what his lifts were and to write in numbers on a chart of lifts?

The average man can’t even do any of those lifts with good form.

Let alone, I’d like to see the ‘average’ man, even db press 55 lb on each arm, cuz thats what I see them doing at the gym. Forget about one arm curling it.

Sorry that article is bullshit, I think the ‘average’ man is alot weaker than that.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
The problem with that isn’t the stats, but with the “average.” You take one guy who trains and stays in solid over all shape, add his numbers to those of 3 random people off the street who probably don’t do much of anything to stay in shape, divide by four and that’s what you’d get.[/quote]

And these are the guys having sex 1.5 times a week?

No, the guy who trains is fucking 6 different ho’s a week. His 3 fat friends stay at home and masterbate.