Average 100m and 50m Times

Hey guys,

I had a friend time me today and I did 11.5secs for the 100m and 5.95secs for the 50m. I was really surprised because those times seem really good to me, even though I had always thought I was more of a middle distance runner… By comparison I’m down to around 5.30mns on the mile.

So I was wondering what are the average 100m and 50m dash times around here…

if you ran 11.5 with a stop watch, that’s probably around 11.9 electronic timing, which is a half decent high school varsity time here (WA)you’d make districts with that time. 5:30 in the mile probably wouldn’t make districts though. but for an average person i’d say both the mile and the 100m time are above average.

My 40 is a 4.8, if that helps… I don’t have a 50

those are some pretty good times. i am a decent athlete and my times are prolly more like 13 and 6m (this one i actually did)i havent ran a 100m since gr.8

Time your 40, and compare it to the numbers from the NFL combine. Basically, if it’s from 4-4.6, you’re fast!

Thanks for the feedback guys.
How do I time a 40m on a regular track? I know where the 50m mark is, but what do I do from there, should I just guesstimate as to where the 40m mark is, or is there some other way to know?

Mike 84:
Just an FYI that when they are talking 40’s (for the NFL), the distance is yards not meters. 40 yards is a little over 36.5m

So the easiest thing would be to go to a football field where the yards are marked…

[quote]Mike84 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys.
How do I time a 40m on a regular track? I know where the 50m mark is, but what do I do from there, should I just guesstimate as to where the 40m mark is, or is there some other way to know?[/quote]

i ran the 100 in 11 flat electronicaly, and 10.8 by stop watch, i havent ran the 50 in a while so couldnt tell ya.