Anyone else going to see it? I, for one, am fucking psyced. James Cameron has never dissapointed, not to mention he had the world’s highest budget on a film to work with.

What’s it about, I honestly never looked into it.

It looks gay. But let me know if it isn’t.

I bought my Imax tix last week for this coming Saturday so I am so counting the days. The reviews have been insane. Supposedly the first 90min are kinda slow then it ramps up to fuck you in the face goodness. I’m just going off of hearsay although.

http://www.cracked.com/article/240_avatar-horribly-written-way-too-long-totally-worth-it/

for the comedy writers take on the film.

I’m to jaded. This looks gay. But I’m so fucking bored that I might see it.

anybody else want to fuck that blue alien chick???

…no. yeah, me neither.

Going to see it tomorrow morning. Woot!

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Going to see it tomorrow morning. Woot! [/quote]

I still think its gonna suck, but i’ll check it out.

SPOILER

Just saw in today. The 3-D wasn’t that good, it was basically just floating jelly fish and plants. The visuals effects were amazing but the story was essentially a high-tech quasi phenomenal alien spectacular of the concept of cowboys vs. Indians. Man with paralyzed legs chosen to be Avatar; immediately gets captivated by the freedom; befriends and is taught the way of the ‘people’ by the clan leaders daughter; falls in love; becomes drawn to Pand-whatever; stipulates allegiance to the blue people (aliens); leads a resistance that is aided by the natural inhabitants of the planet; becomes a permanent Avatar. The end…

Get ready for Avatar 2.

:::Check out my profile for sexy pics of house bunnies!

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

SPOILER

Just saw in today. The 3-D wasn’t that good, it was basically just floating jelly fish and plants. The visuals effects were amazing but the story was essentially a high-tech quasi phenomenal alien spectacular of the concept of cowboys vs. Indians. Man with paralyzed legs chosen to be Avatar; immediately gets captivated by the freedom; befriends and is taught the way of the ‘people’ by the clan leaders daughter; falls in love; becomes drawn to Pand-whatever; stipulates allegiance to the blue people (aliens); leads a resistance that is aided by the natural inhabitants of the planet; becomes a permanent Avatar. The end…

Get ready for Avatar 2.

:::Check out my profile for sexy pics of house bunnies!

[/quote]

THANK YOU for saving me 20 bucks and a couple hours of my life.

so because he felt the blue people didn’t deserve to die, he decided to kill his brothers in arms instead?

/brainwashed by the military

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
so because he felt the blue people didn’t deserve to die, he decided to kill his brothers in arms instead?

/brainwashed by the military[/quote]

that does sound a bit messed up to me. I mean, if the tall smurfs didnt deserve to die then why does your own species? But w.e.! I’m still watchin it!

Fucking. Amazing. Movie might not be for everyone, but wow. Stunning visuals (the best ever) and a well developed story. Hits on so many themes that it has to be watched to understand. It essentially is the history of man on a very deep level (educated vs savage, etc.). It also helped I was blazed as hell, but nonetheless, awesome.

I came thinking this movie was gonna suck. But I liked it a lot. It took 20 minutes for them to fix the 3-D, but they did it eventually.

It was a bad ass movie. Take your kids, take your friends, take a date, and don’t be so negative.

James Cameron really did out do himself with this one. I wonder how long it took to make?

There wasn’t too much to the story and it could’ve been shorter, but absolutely stunning visually. I liked it.

[quote]Houston07 wrote:
James Cameron really did out do himself with this one. I wonder how long it took to make? [/quote]

About 3 years, but he wrote the script a decade ago.

So long as it doesn’t have Leonardo DiCaprio.

no one ever invites me to the movies anymore…

:-/

I just want to know why the blue aliens have to look so stupid. With all that money to throw around, they couldn’t have found something else that doesn’t look like my 3 year old made their costumes?