[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I hope they explain what happens to Zuko’s mom…I was freakin pissed for like a week after that cliff hanger.

Zuko and the combustible man were the best characters by the way. [/quote]

I have to agree. That dude was unstoppable. The only reason they got him was because they hit him right in the middle of the head so he couldn’t focus that force he had coming out of him.

But yeah, “Sparky Sparky Boom Man” just doesn’t work for a name.

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
i know nothing of the cartoon, but thought the movie was decent. That white hair chick might have been hot.[/quote]

Holy fuck SHIT your taste in movies sucks ass.

Don’t EVER give your opinion again.

Like for fucking ever.

hahaha thanks for the laugh, Dixies

But to give my reasoning…i know the acting was shit, i know the casting was shit, and in my opinion, the special effects were not up to todays standards, but i liked the general story line of the movie. And i also have a weird liking towards M. Night shashashashashamaylan

I watched season 1 ep. 1 of the avatar cartoon and it is too “child-like” for me. meh.

/edit

i am easily satisfied with movies

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Toph and metal bending FTW[/quote]

This.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I hope they explain what happens to Zuko’s mom…I was freakin pissed for like a week after that cliff hanger.

Zuko and the combustible man were the best characters by the way. [/quote]

I have to agree. That dude was unstoppable. The only reason they got him was because they hit him right in the middle of the head so he couldn’t focus that force he had coming out of him.

But yeah, “Sparky Sparky Boom Man” just doesn’t work for a name.
[/quote]

Ya for sure, but at least when I read sparky sparky boom man in was in saka’s voice…hilarious!

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Only because of how Saka and Aang tried to name him and I donno he was just funny to me. [/quote]

No, he just seemed like a character from a different show all together. His design and ridiculous power just seemed at odds with everything else already established in the series.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Only because of how Saka and Aang tried to name him and I donno he was just funny to me. [/quote]

No, he just seemed like a character from a different show all together. His design and ridiculous power just seemed at odds with everything else already established in the series.

[/quote]

Agreed. Didnt fit with the elemental structure of the others. Hopefully with the new season, they dont try to fit another character in like that.

[quote]JaX Un wrote:

But to give my reasoning…i know the acting was shit, i know the casting was shit, and in my opinion, the special effects were not up to todays standards, but i liked the general story line of the movie. And i also have a weird liking towards M. Night shashashashashamaylan

I watched season 1 ep. 1 of the avatar cartoon and it is too “child-like” for me. meh.

/edit

i am easily satisfied with movies[/quote]

Ummm… who let you back in this thread? Go watch the ENTIRE series or don’t come back.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]JaX Un wrote:

/edit

Ummm… who let you back in this thread? Go watch the ENTIRE series or don’t come back.[/quote]

you guys are asses, i will be back in a month.

[quote]JaX Un wrote:

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]JaX Un wrote:

/edit

Ummm… who let you back in this thread? Go watch the ENTIRE series or don’t come back.[/quote]

you guys are asses, i will be back in a week and a half, and only that long because I stopped to sleep and workout twice. [/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I’m on episode 4, season I of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Awesome. It’s hard to get through the work day with it available in the other room …

Excellent characters and story arcs. Even my wife, who usually dismisses the cartoons that I watch, was enjoying these.[/quote]

Seems appropriate.

You have got some catching up to do my friend.[/quote]

OK, just finished season 1.

My daughter was home sick past couple of days so she creeped ahead of me and is halfway through Season 2. I kept getting glimpses when I walked past the TV dammit.

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed. Didnt fit with the elemental structure of the others. Hopefully with the new season, they dont try to fit another character in like that.[/quote]

So just so I understand where you are coming from. In a show where people can control the elements, one in particular can control all of them, a girl can bend blood, a girl learns to bend metal, several folks shot LIGHTNING, a master swords fighter exists, Dragons/flying bison/other crazy animals exist, a spirit that can remove faces, and a boy turns into the moon god/giant fish this among a whole bunch of other stuff is all okay, but a dude that shoots a fireyish lazer out of his one eye is out of place?

I guess we just don’t agree on that.

How about the pirates, Diylee(sp) agents, or the boys in the woods? They don’t really fit, but I thought they added depth to the story.

He wasn’t even the most powerful character in the serious although he is definitely top 3.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed. Didnt fit with the elemental structure of the others. Hopefully with the new season, they dont try to fit another character in like that.[/quote]

So just so I understand where you are coming from. In a show where people can control the elements, one in particular can control all of them, a girl can bend blood, a girl learns to bend metal, several folks shot LIGHTNING, a master swords fighter exists, Dragons/flying bison/other crazy animals exist, a spirit that can remove faces, and a boy turns into the moon god/giant fish this among a whole bunch of other stuff is all okay, but a dude that shoots a fireyish lazer out of his one eye is out of place?

How about the pirates, Diylee(sp) agents, or the boys in the woods? They don’t really fit, but I thought they added depth to the story.

He wasn’t even the most powerful character in the serious although he is definitely top 3. [/quote]

Actually I think everything you mentioned fit in quite well. Just not that guy. My opinion. I didnt think it added any depth nor relation. Pirates? Sure. Quite simple. Diylee agents? Sure. The spirit world, dragons, and yes the flying bisons. They all had their place. They all fit into that time span and type of world. Special eyed guy just doesnt imo. Again, my opinion.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

He wasn’t even the most powerful character in the serious although he is definitely top 3. [/quote]

I agree. He was the one force they couldn’t easily overcome because his powers were all mental. they had no way to fight him other than outsmart him. That alone made him a very stand out character and one they could easily build on later.

It was BECAUSE his powers weren’t based in the elements that he was so damn hard to beat.

I mean, if you allow BLOOD BENDING (which is pretty damn freaky and something I don’t think magneto could even pull off), why not this?

I believe I have mastered “Fart Bending”.

As quoted by the inventor in the Northern Air Temple: “Never underestimate the power of stink”.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

Who was she tied with?

Iroh’s probably my next favourite character…especially when he secretly gets jacked and breaks out of prison.

I like all of the characters though. That show just fires on all cylinders for me.[/quote]

Zuko - I respect his character a lot, and enjoyed his journey. Imho, he had the tougher journy then any of the others (including the avatar) but always pressed forward…

I am a materials science / metalurgist irl though so metal bending = win

Momo ftw.

Outside of Ang, in the end the 2 strongest are Katara (she can bend blood wtf) an Toph. Toph is by far the strongest Earth Bender the only one that could give her a challenge was King Yumi because of his 100 years of training. But come on she invented Metal bending

DAMN I wish I could erase the whole series and watch it over fresh.

OH and in case anyone was wondering. I still have a tennis ball in a large tube sock that I keep in the car just in case some day I run into M.Knight Shamalamafreakinmoviekiller.

Apparently he was actually just a fire bender with a unique way of doing it. The fact that an explanation was needed in some dvd commentary only serves to illustrate that he didn’t quite fit…or at the very least, he was given as much thought as the rest of the characters.

[quote]
I mean, if you allow BLOOD BENDING (which is pretty damn freaky and something I don’t think magneto could even pull off), why not this?[/quote]
Blood bending makes sense. It makes less sense that more water benders didn’t get in on that.

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:

Blood bending makes sense. It makes less sense that more water benders didn’t get in on that.

[/quote]
The other water benders didn’t get into it because the bender who invented it was the last southwen water tribe bender prior to Katara alive and in prison when she invented it. Why past water benders hadn’t thought of it, probably the same reason Toph is the only metal bender, they never thought about bending the water in blood before. It is also strongly hinted that blood bending is evil.