Has anyone else been keeping up with James Cameron and the sequel to Avatar? I’ve been reading alot about it and I can’t wait. It supposedly going to be based around the oceans of Pandora, and there is also talks of it moving into some of the planets surrounding Pandora (that will be more in the 3rd sequel according to Cameron) is anybody else as excited for this release as I am?

I think Avatar got bashed kind of undeservedly when it came out. The plot wasn’t completely and utterly original and the film was outrageously overhyped (ain’t no Terminator/Terminator 2 yo), but I did really enjoy the final cut nonetheless and I praise him for sticking to some substantially well done film-making basics and more thoughtful intricacies without letting it be blown out of the water by the CGI. I look forward to Avatar 2, I suspect Cameron will do a great job with that too. I don’t think people will trust it quite as much as leading up to the first one, but I think it will turn out almost as well if I were to predict an outcome.

The first movie was AMAZING!! Saw it twice in theaters. The environment, nature, animals, etc. were crazy in the first one. Hopefully it is good as the first one.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
The first movie was AMAZING!! Saw it twice in theaters. The environment, nature, animals, etc. were crazy in the first one. Hopefully it is good as the first one. [/quote]

ya i hope so too…i saw it in 3d in theaters and it blew my mind. I even heard a rumor that a couple people off’d themselves becuase they couldn’t live like they do on pandora (not certain about any truth behind this, but i still heard it)

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
The first movie was AMAZING!! Saw it twice in theaters. The environment, nature, animals, etc. were crazy in the first one. Hopefully it is good as the first one. [/quote]

ya i hope so too…i saw it in 3d in theaters and it blew my mind. I even heard a rumor that a couple people off’d themselves becuase they couldn’t live like they do on pandora (not certain about any truth behind this, but i still heard it)[/quote]

Haha, honestly that is believable. And to kind of strengthen their point, when I left the movie theatre I kind of felt like I wanted to be an Avatar or actually visit the world itself. Obviously, it isn’t real but you got so immersed in the story and world. I would never off myself because of a fantasy world someone created.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

ya i hope so too…i saw it in 3d in theaters and it blew my mind. I even heard a rumor that a couple people off’d themselves becuase they couldn’t live like they do on pandora (not certain about any truth behind this, but i still heard it)[/quote]

Haha, honestly that is believable. And to kind of strengthen their point, when I left the movie theatre I kind of felt like I wanted to be an Avatar or actually visit the world itself. Obviously, it isn’t real but you got so immersed in the story and world. I would never off myself because of a fantasy world someone created. [/quote]

Its truly amazing how far technology has come. After watching Avatar, I thought, what if you took this movie back into the '40s or '50s and showed in a theater? There would be crapped pants and heart attacks.