T Nation

automatic tranny

i know this one is wayyyyy off topic but i thought id see if anyone could shed some light. i have a 93 5 liter mustang gt with an automatic transmission. it doesnt shift into overdrive properly. and when in overdrive it stalls before it will acclerate. when i press the gas while in overdrive the engine revs up as if it were in neutral before it accelerates. any ideas on what the problem is?

Check out doityourself.com and post that question on the car forum. I find that board to be a very helpful group of people. As for my advice, my automotive world is relegated to Japanese cars, although when there’s slipping in an auto transmission sometimes it can be as simple as the fluid needing to be changed. It’s viscosity values can diminish over time due to heat and mechanical stresses it experiences in the transmission case. Also, you can learn a lot about what’s wrong in your transmission just by examining the oil (sight and smell only please) If it smells burnt, or looks dirty, then maybe all you need to do is replace the fluid.

good luck.

bump!

Yep, your shits fucked up. Just kidding might be torque converter.

sucks to have two stangs that don’t work.

at least my stang doesnt have a hole burned in the spoiler, and duct tape patching the holes that were stabbed into your roof.

I’m not really qualified to answer this, but I had a similar problem with a Chevy a few years ago. I took it to this guy who would drain the tranny fluid, replace it with new, then have me drive it around for about ten minutes to mix up the remaining old fluid with the new. He would then drain/replace again and have me drive for a few more minutes. We did this about four or five times and ended up going through a case of fluid. The tranny didn’t slip at all again after that. This may be a good thing to try before taking it somewhere or trying to dismantle the thing yourself.

Just for clarification, even when you drain the fluid all the way, there is still quite a bit resting in the bottom of the transmission. That’s why it’s necessary to put new stuff in and drive it so the old and new mix together. Just keep doing this until the fluid runs clear.

tape or no tape i can go on the freeway.
dont be hatin becouse i can smoke you in the 1/4 mile ho.

on a futher note, draining the tranny doesn’t not remove fluid trapped in torque converter. the best thing to do is go to a dealer and have them perform a flush, they replace all filters/orings/gaskets and the flush goes in both directions removing varnish buildup.

first off mdog the only thing u can smoke is your green trees that u so often injest into your pathetic body. secondly, not only are you sporting the tape, but you parade around in with your 347$ miracle auto paint job that looks like some sprayed with a can. your tore up seats with the zebra seat covers are especially nice. ps let me know when you bondo that nice hole your suck ass exhaust burned into ur spoiler. late!

How come whenever I see the title of this post,“automatic tranny”, I think of a guy in a dress ??? It is not a pleasant thought. It’s freakin’ me out!!!

update. the epoxyed duct tape held up in the rain, no leaks. well at lest when i take a ho out she doesn’t have bugs smeared on her forehead. “oh bye the way you have a lil some thin on your forehead.” but i guess that’s what happens when you take ho’s to the orchards because you still live with you parents, at you age.lol. c’mon

ha ha ha ha, lol. “t least when i take a ho out.” when was the last time you took a girl out?

a girl? i’d say high school. as for ho’s i just hit the piz nub and straight to the house.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!