Australia, Fattest Country in the World

I’ve never been to Australia…but HOW IN THE HELL can they get any fatter than the USA??

No offense to any Americans here.

My family used to drive down to Florida when I was younger. I remember stopping in Virginia, NC, SC, Georgia etc…and seeing fat people literally wheezing out of breath making trips to and from the buffet.

One image sticks in my head. It was in South Carolina, at “Shoney’s” buffet. I was about 10 at the time and I saw a 10 year old girl at the table next to me. No exaggeration, she MUST have been close to 300 pounds. Her morbidly obese dad was bringing her food from the buffet, presumably because she was too lazy to waddle up to it herself.

On one trip, he brought her what must have been about 10 waffles, absolutely COVERED with an enormous bolus of candied apples, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Altogether it was literally the size of a basketball.

She ate it in about 5 minutes. My parents scolded me for staring at her.

Just one of those things that sticks in your head.

Australia, get the fuck off your fat asses. Surf. Hunt Koalas. Play “keep-away” with some venomous-ass snake. Do SOMETHING that removes you from the #1 spot on that list!

[quote]Christine wrote:
okay… just don’t go easy on me.[/quote]

Deal.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Hunt Koalas.[/quote]

LMAO

[quote]VanderLaan wrote:
What a stupid article. Everyone knows the fattest country in the world is Wisconsin.[/quote]

don’t make me kill you.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

I’ve never been to Australia…but HOW IN THE HELL can they get any fatter than the USA??

[/quote]

Easy, the vast majority are fat lazy useless slobs who have no self respect and pray at the alter of fast food and advertising and they are as dumb as a fence post.

[quote]aussie486 wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:

Easy, the vast majority are fat lazy useless slobs who have no self respect and pray at the alter of fast food and advertising and they are as dumb as a fence post.
[/quote]

I would like to argue with you, but there is actually a fair bit of truth in what you said.

Mediocre is the new exceptional

We truly are a country of fat sacks of crap.

When I go out shopping and see all these sacks I feel sick and angry. We don’t have as many truly massive people as America (using my reputable sources, TV and movies) but damn we are terrible.

Funny thing is, I have read in other articles about things like smoking laws and tourism that Australia is seen as a healthy, outdoorsie (whatever the hell that means) country. I really don’t know how we got that reputation.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:

[/quote]

Sadly, this is becoming the universal truth.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Must be all the vegimite sandwiches.

It’s all because of those damn guys from Brussels who are 6’-4" and full of muscles.[/quote]

LOL I think I need a veggimite sandwich.

What are you guys talking about?! There are no fat people in the USA. I’ve seen all the documentaries like Baywatch, Melrose Place, the OC… heck even your geeky scientsists are hot like in CSI and ER.

Oh yeah you did have that one fat guy once but he ate himself into incredible shape with subway sandwiches.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:

Sadly, this is becoming the universal truth.[/quote]

Is that why school is so pathetically easy?

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
It’s all because of those damn guys from Brussels who are 6’-4" and full of muscles.[/quote]

Good call

[quote]Trizender wrote:

When I go out shopping and see all these sacks I feel sick and angry. We don’t have as many truly massive people as America (using my reputable sources, TV and movies) but damn we are terrible.
[/quote]

I think that may be changing. I’ve noticed people so fat they have to ride those old people scooter things for the first time. I’d heard Americans on this board talking about them, but I didn’t think Australia was that bad.

[quote]will to power wrote:
Trizender wrote:

I think that may be changing. I’ve noticed people so fat they have to ride those old people scooter things for the first time. I’d heard Americans on this board talking about them, but I didn’t think Australia was that bad. [/quote]

I agree that - at least based on observation - the fattest of our fatties aren’t nearly as fat as America’s. But the survey is focused on the obesity rate alone. Maybe my head is in the sand, but that is my take on it.

[quote]aussie486 wrote:
PimpBot5000 wrote:

[/quote]

I wish I could say aussie486 was making a ridiculous overgeneralisation.

The number of fatties just seem to be multiplying. Really sad when many of them are barely into their teens yet.

Many ‘developed’ nations are now beginning to face an aging problem where the baby boomers (ie, the largest segment of their populations) are getting to the age where they’re putting demands on the health system that that system may not be able to handle.

Add to this many of the younger folk (20-60) who are now also needing medical attention due to obesity-related issues and we’ve got a real crisis looming.

It doesn’t bother me one bit that obesity is rising worldwide. Why should I get my nuts in a twist over others’ personal choices? Their right to fast food and a sloth lifestyle is just as valid as my right to stay active and eat healthy.

The only gripe I might have is the lack in widespread availability of certain foods I choose to ingest in favor of candies and snack foods. But honestly, as long as they(the obese) don’t infringe on the way I live my life, I say live and let live.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
It doesn’t bother me one bit that obesity is rising worldwide. Why should I get my nuts in a twist over others’ personal choices? Their right to fast food and a sloth lifestyle is just as valid as my right to stay active and eat healthy.

The only gripe I might have is the lack in widespread availability of certain foods I choose to ingest in favor of candies and snack foods. But honestly, as long as they(the obese) don’t infringe on the way I live my life, I say live and let live. [/quote]

It becomes your issue when the government and insurance companies have to blow billions of your money on the fat out of shape people. If it was truly a case of your own lifestyle choices impacting only yourself, then all would be fine and dandy. A society like that doesn’t exist, and whether you like it or not reality is that their choices hurt you. I don’t have a good solution, so don’t ask me.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
I thought Mississippi was the fatest state in the US and that KC lost fatest city a while back. My grandparents used to live in Mississippi and the health down there was disgusting. Just greasy, cheap, nasty ass food as far as the eye can see the buffet. Least in KC we have good BBQ as an excuse.
[/quote]

See what I mean…KC just can’t have anything nice. VIVA LA BBQ!!!

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

The only gripe I might have is the lack in widespread availability of certain foods I choose to ingest in favor of candies and snack foods. But honestly, as long as they(the obese) don’t infringe on the way I live my life, I say live and let live.

It becomes your issue when the government and insurance companies have to blow billions of your money on the fat out of shape people. [/quote]

I still fail to give a shit.

I gotta say, I wouldn’t mind one of those scooters. I’d hook it up with some NOS and rims.

They spinning!