Austin TX Gyms

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:

Old thread bump. Anyone in Austin? Where y’all lift?[/quote]

Down in San Marcos(close enough). Train at So High Sports. More for sports training but it fits perfect.[/quote]

I hear SMAC has some lifters. You ever been there?[/quote]

Ya I lifted there for a year. Its good and all but the gym has gotten just too packed. It has gotten more packed and there is only two squat racks. Not a fan of asking a skinny college kid if I can work in with him while he does his 65lb barbell curls. So I found this gym and have been quite happy.[/quote]

I think I met a fellow who trains there, they have a group of (mostly) single ply guys?[/quote]

Ya I believe so. I have only talked with them a few times. Never trained with them. How did you meet them(or him)?

Met one guy who came up to Austin to train. I didn’t lift with him, just BS’ed.

I run a private Powerlifting Gym / Barbell Club in Kyle (just south of Austin). We have a mono, power-rack, drop in comp bench w spotter stands, etc…GHR, bands, chains, tons of plates, etc… dumbbells, all the basics. We’re getting new bars, chains, and equipment all the time.

pm or email me for more info if you’d like to check it out and train with the crew.

As far as Austin “PL Friendly” gyms, Hyde Park is probably the best bet. I don’t know of anyone around Austin with a mono, next to my place. Part of the reason I bought one. haha

[quote]Gable wrote:
I run a private Powerlifting Gym / Barbell Club in Kyle (just south of Austin). We have a mono, power-rack, drop in comp bench w spotter stands, etc…GHR, bands, chains, tons of plates, etc… dumbbells, all the basics. We’re getting new bars, chains, and equipment all the time.

pm or email me for more info if you’d like to check it out and train with the crew.

As far as Austin “PL Friendly” gyms, Hyde Park is probably the best bet. I don’t know of anyone around Austin with a mono, next to my place. Part of the reason I bought one. haha[/quote]

Nice man. I wish I found that out sooner. I had to sign a sorry contract. Sigh. Damn

[quote]Gable wrote:

As far as Austin “PL Friendly” gyms, Hyde Park is probably the best bet. I don’t know of anyone around Austin with a mono, next to my place. Part of the reason I bought one. haha[/quote]

Nice man. I wish I found that out sooner. I had to sign a sorry contract. Sigh. Damn[/quote]

Drop me a line if you’d like to come train sometime.

You guys have a heavy squat/deadlift on weekends?

I do like the mono, but only because it’s easier to walk out of.

You guys have a heavy squat/deadlift on weekends?

I do like the mono, but only because it’s easier to walk out of.[/quote]

Yes sir… Sunday mornings generally.

The mono is great, well worth the cost, imo.

[quote]Gable wrote:

[quote]Gable wrote:

Nice man. I wish I found that out sooner. I had to sign a sorry contract. Sigh. Damn[/quote]

[/quote]

I may just do that man. Thanks. Btw, how many guys train at your gym? And is it an actual “gym”? Im not around Kyle too much but I cant say I ever heard or seen it.

[quote]Gable wrote:

[quote]Gable wrote:

[/quote]

I may just do that man. Thanks. Btw, how many guys train at your gym? And is it an actual “gym”? Im not around Kyle too much but I cant say I ever heard or seen it. [/quote]

Private PL Gym, in my garage. Theres about 7 of us these days, we’re always looking for more dedicated folks to join in.

Feel free to contact me, and come join us anytime. Most of us are prepping for the APF meet in Austin this April.

[quote]Gable wrote:

[quote]Gable wrote:

[quote]Gable wrote:

[/quote]

I may just do that man. Thanks. Btw, how many guys train at your gym? And is it an actual “gym”? Im not around Kyle too much but I cant say I ever heard or seen it. [/quote]

Private PL Gym, in my garage. Theres about 7 of us these days, we’re always looking for more dedicated folks to join in.

Feel free to contact me, and come join us anytime. Most of us are prepping for the APF meet in Austin this April.[/quote]

Cool. Right now I train with one other guy, an older gentleman. He really knows his stuff. Lifted with Doyle Kennady, Sorenson, etc. I’ll see what he wants to do.

[quote]Gable wrote:

[quote]Gable wrote:

[quote]Gable wrote:

[/quote]

Feel free to contact me, and come join us anytime. Most of us are prepping for the APF meet in Austin this April.[/quote]

sorry to hit this up so late, I tried PM you but i guess since I’m new they wont let me do that yet or something. anyways man. I am getting out of the army and pretty set on moving to austin, I’ve heard good things, and seeing that you have a gym with dedicated lifters, is definitely worth the drive out of austin. anyway to get in contact with you other than PM? im new to the site.

also are you guys mainly geared or raw lifters?