Austin Goes Crazy

Debating on this day off if I should start posting my workouts…I guess I will begin to do so with tomorrows leg training and we will see how this goes.

Give me some training history, stats and the whole deal. I’ll be following.

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
Give me some training history, stats and the whole deal. I’ll be following. [/quote]

Alright man.

Well I turned 20 two weeks ago on July 28th…

I am training for ultimate size and strength…have been training for a few years now…

Just recently began to do squats and deads, and although they are not on par yet with my other lifts, especially squats, the gains are coming fast…

Only goal at the moment is to gain as much muscle and strength as quickly as my body allows and to be much noticeabley better than I was last year.

I’m about to do some light squats, still figuring out form with these long legs of mine…I’ll post the session when I am done.

Ight so let me give some training background.

I started lifting in high school on equipment my dad had at home. I made the dumb mistake of only bench pressing for about a year. I would do bench press every other day that year until I finally plateaued for a few months and learned about my other muscle groups.

I quickly had lagging bodyparts…Legs and back were neglected. I then began training everything on a regular basis but legs, and up until last Spring I had not been doing legs because it was unsafe to squat with no safety at home…I sacked the fuck up and bought a gym memebership last spring and began to train legs…only doing leg presses, sometimes hack squat and the other bull shit extensions, hammie curls etc. I hated my legs because I am a tall mother fucker and a big squat isn’t coming easy…I bought a power rack over the winter of 2010 and have been squatting religiously since…However, with not much time under the bar these numbers are less than impressive. I am not ashamed of this though because I am being productive on fixing this problem. As I have not maxed recently, my numbers are around 400 for bench, high 500s on deadlift, 335 x 7 on barbell rows and low 400s on below parallel squats. After starting squats it took me a few months to begin doing some reps with 405 but after video assessment, my depth was not what I assumed. I have been trying to correct form the past 2 months and it’s a slow tideous process and I just need to fight through it, and accept that my low numbers are only temporary.

Today was a shit show…Came in from partying last night at 430 am, woke today at 12, went to work and came home around 10, ate, drank some coffee and began squats at 1145.

It looked like this tonight, I will be doing hamstrings come Monday when I deadlift and with some of my equipment being unavailable I just kept it quick…

Squats

135 x 8
225 x 8
315 x 5
365 x 3.5
365 x 1
315 x 3
315 x 3
225 x 8

Seated Calve Raises

4 sets of 10-30reps

Next leg workout will be on Wednesday, and hopefully I’ll be able to hit them in the afternoon with some heavier weight and added exercises.

Funny, a couple days ago I thought that it’d be nice to see your training.

I find the numbers impressive, especially since you just started a lot of those lifts.
Looking forward to following your progress.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
Funny, a couple days ago I thought that it’d be nice to see your training.

I find the numbers impressive, especially since you just started a lot of those lifts.
Looking forward to following your progress.[/quote]

Haha thanks Nikki :slight_smile: we tend to be our own toughest critics and with that being said sometimes don’t acknowledge that we actually are doing better than we think we are and that’s what keeps us driven, I’ll definitely redeem myself on inclines/chest workout tomorrow.

And on another note I think I might just holla at a that smolov squat program and see if I can add 60-100 lbs onto my squat in 13 weeks or whatever it is…Nontheless it will be interesting.

Definetely true, it’s easy to forget all the changes we’re making in the gym and our body comp. Don’t worry, if you ever feel like you’re not progressing enough, I’ll remind you of your beastly-ness :stuck_out_tongue:

With your rack at home and the amount of times the program calls for you to squat, you can definetely make great progress with Smolov.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
Definetely true, it’s easy to forget all the changes we’re making in the gym and our body comp. Don’t worry, if you ever feel like you’re not progressing enough, I’ll remind you of your beastly-ness :stuck_out_tongue:

With your rack at home and the amount of times the program calls for you to squat, you can definetely make great progress with Smolov.[/quote]

I appreciate that, and btw, the new profile pic looks ridiculously sexy!

I’ll be doing some periodization/peak training for the next 12 weeks on all the big lifts with the goal of bigger 1 RM…Todays training was brutal, following something similar to Ed Coan’s bench workout.

I am experiencing an amazing pump, upset stomach, and I am feeling awesome. Mission Accomplished

Bench Press

135 x 10
225 x 6
250 x 3
300 x 9.5

300 x 6

CGBP

240 x 9
240 x 7

Inclines

200 x 8
200 x 6

Dips

BW x 20
BW x 20

And I will be doing triceps in a few hours, on chest/tri and back/bi days I do double session if I can fit them in.

Triceps. Quick and dirty just how I like it.

I’m smoking a cigar and having a beer while I post this…

Incline Skull Crushers

100 x 8
120 x 8
140 x 8

Single Arm OH Extensions

40 x 10
40 x 10

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Quick and dirty just how I like it.

[/quote]

Oh look, we have something else in common :wink:
Thanks for the compliment Darling, you and your bench are ridiculously sexy.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Quick and dirty just how I like it.

[/quote]

Oh look, we have something else in common :wink:
Thanks for the compliment Darling, you and your bench are ridiculously sexy.[/quote]

Haha, well thank you very much!

And today at like 630 or so I will be hitting back. Legs and lower back are still feeling worked from the other day but I can’t complain. I need to deadlift…

So hopefully big things to come tonight and after back I am training my favorite muscle group…biceps.

I’m so into fist pumping right now…

Anyways

Deadlifts

225 x 8
315 x 6
435 x 1
586 x fail

Attached picture shows how far I pulled it…going to chill on the maxing and focus on working up to a new max within the next couple months…It will be over 600!

Barbell Rows

135 x 12
225 x 6
250 x 3
300 x 13
300 x 8

Chins

BW + 60 x 9
BW + 60 x 6? I forget

Doing biceps in an hour I shall be back.

Hard and heavy biceps

BB Curls

45 x 12
95 x 8
205 x 3 Cheat Curls
155 x 8

Hammer Curls

60s x 8
85s x 8

Delts

Seated Military Press

135 x 8
185 x 4
225 x 5
225 x 1 Messed up
135 x 12

DB Laterals

40s x 20
40s x 15

Upright Rows

100 x 12
100 x 12

On the laterals and rows I just focused on form and really squeezing the delts at the top of the movement.

Much much better squat session. Squatting felt very comfortable, read something about starting the movement by moving the hips back first earlier today and it helped me stay tight, not good morning the weight and be comfortable…Took all the reps deep.

I also, since moving the new bench press into my bedroom, have not had the time to make a place for the old one so I can do extensions and hamstring curls, so next work out those will be added back into my regimen as I make room in the garage.

Squats

135 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 3
315 x 11
315 x 8

Barbell Lunges

135 x 20
135 x 20

Hybrid GHRs

BW x 20
BW x 12

Seated Calves

135 x 20
225 x 20
315 x 20
405 x 20
495 x 10

Calves were cramping like mother fuckers even on the 135 set, so painful, reps were a bit bouncy.

I am seriously enjoying these shorter, workouts, with heavier top sets and extra frequency since I am training each muscle more often. Really helps with strength.

As per some Ed Coan stuff I read regarding his “Peak” training, he, once warmed up on the first exercise, cuts out all the ramping on the next couple of exercises just going for the top sets…Has definitely allowed me to use more weight on certain lifts…

I was wondering how cutting out all the ramping will work.
Must try that next time.
Your leg workouts are killer. You’re awesome for working on, what you think at least, is your weakness.

Chest was pretty similar to last workout, a couple exercises I did a little better on…Next week I bump all weights up by 15 pounds…

Bench

135 x 12
225 x 6
250 x 3
300 x 9.5
300 x 6

CGBP

240 x 9
240 x 7

Inclines

200 x 10
200 x 9

Dips

BW x 25
BW x 20

Bench Dips for Triceps

BW x 10
BW + 90 x 10
BW + 135 x 13

Standing French Press

100 x 8
100 x 8

Chea.

Keeping this quick I am exhausted, this weekend has been a shit show (heavy partying) because it is the last weekend all my friends are around before school so I took off and now I am back on the grind.

Underhand Rows
135 x 12
225 x 6
315 x 3
365 x 4
365 x 3

Pullups
+85 x 6
+85 x 4

Chest Supported Db Rows
40 x 12
85 x 8
120 x 6

Preacher Curls
60 x 8
Wide 120 x 4
Normal 120 x 6

Db Standing Concs Curls
60 x 10
40 x 12

Now off to bed!!!

Ugh don’t remind me about school.
Hmm, I was wondering what you were up to; good stuff.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:
Ugh don’t remind me about school.
Hmm, I was wondering what you were up to; good stuff.[/quote]

College is the shit, I actually love it for the most part even though I commute (I do make rounds and visit my boys each semester so I do know how to party), but I enjoy class, the females (as I am single) and keeping organized as there are less outside influences that come with the summer and breaks…It’s good stuff!

Delts

Seated Military Press

135 x 8
185 x 3
205 x 10
205 x 5

DB Front Raises

60s x 20
60s x 20

Laterals

40 x 30
40 x 23