T Nation

Aussie Bloke Looking for NFL Team to Support

Support the Chiefs. They are an exciting, young, up and coming team. Whatever you decide don’t support the Raiders anyway.

Easy choice bud, my team,

Pittsburgh Steelers:

1)Most Super Bowls,
2)Best nickname for a player ever,“Mean Joe Green”,
3)Hall of Fame needs to build a new wing for the team because they have so many elected,
3)Solid defence year after year, very important in the NFL,
4)Lucky lol, very important in the NFL,
5)One of the fastest players in the game right now, Mike Wallace,
6)An elite QB, also very important,
7)Great coaching,
7)Cause I say so.

No matter where you go in the world, you will see a Steeler hat, shirt etc in a crowd. More so than any other NFL team imo. My wife finds this mildly annoying lol.

Also, NOT the Ravens, Bengles or the Browns.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
No matter where you go in the world, you will see a Steeler hat, shirt etc in a crowd. More so than any other NFL team imo. My wife finds this mildly annoying lol. [/quote]

I heard one time they have the biggest fan base in the country, and it’s no wonder because they are AWESOME!!! I also heard a rumor that they were offered the title of “America’s Team” before the Cowboys and turned it down because they didn’t want all the attention. Not sure how true this is, but I like the humility of it. Also, Snoop Dogg is a fan. What else do you need to know haha.

B U C C A N E E R S

[quote]markcouch25 wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
No matter where you go in the world, you will see a Steeler hat, shirt etc in a crowd. More so than any other NFL team imo. My wife finds this mildly annoying lol. [/quote]

I heard one time they have the biggest fan base in the country, and it’s no wonder because they are AWESOME!!! I also heard a rumor that they were offered the title of “America’s Team” before the Cowboys and turned it down because they didn’t want all the attention. Not sure how true this is, but I like the humility of it. Also, Snoop Dogg is a fan. What else do you need to know haha.[/quote]

Another theory is that back in the seventies when the steel mills went tits up folks from PA moved away and infected others lol.

I have a friend who lives in Monroeville PA who got me some tickets when they used to play in Three Rivers Stadium. I’ve been to a bunch of NFL games but the two I seen in Pittsburgh were the best.

Best uniforms in all pro sports!
Best weather, and what they said about the women in San Fran…x2 in San Diego.
(also best QB in football)

Do you have an arrest record, and if so, how long? Because if you have at least one violent felony arrest (not necessarily a conviction) then you automatically pre-qualify for membership in the Raiders’ fanbase.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:

[quote]markcouch25 wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
No matter where you go in the world, you will see a Steeler hat, shirt etc in a crowd. More so than any other NFL team imo. My wife finds this mildly annoying lol. [/quote]

I heard one time they have the biggest fan base in the country, and it’s no wonder because they are AWESOME!!! I also heard a rumor that they were offered the title of “America’s Team” before the Cowboys and turned it down because they didn’t want all the attention. Not sure how true this is, but I like the humility of it. Also, Snoop Dogg is a fan. What else do you need to know haha.[/quote]

Another theory is that back in the seventies when the steel mills went tits up folks from PA moved away and infected others lol.

I have a friend who lives in Monroeville PA who got me some tickets when they used to play in Three Rivers Stadium. I’ve been to a bunch of NFL games but the two I seen in Pittsburgh were the best.
[/quote]

I have only ever gone to Pirate games :frowning: It’s a good thing the Steelers kick so much ass to make up for the Buccos’ shittiness.

How’s the selection process coming along Jack?

[quote]Outback Jack wrote:
bonerjams - I wrote this thread after watching the Colts v Jets game today, I seriously thought the Colts would get up.

Gettnitdone - I concede the kiwis are the premier force in rugby at the moment…although may i remind you who won the last meeting between the 2 sides? And good luck at the world cup…maybe the kiwis can finally win one, and not choke at the last hurdle.[/quote]

not is SA’s players get their shit together, too bad the head coach escaped from a circus. Kiwis are favourites for sure. Just look at their backline
mils, jane, smith, williams, gear, carter, cowan and thats leaving out people like rocks, dagg and nonu

Well at the moment it’s looking like a race of 3 between the 49ers, Patriots and Steelers. Due to the lack of a criminal record I obviously can’t consider the Raiders…

DBCooper makes some good points, and the fact that San Fran is the closest location to me geographically they would appear to be the front runner.

Where ever vince young goes… I believe he has what it takes to be an amazing nfl gb with a coach that supports him etc… Hes shown moments of absolute greatness… I think he’ll do whatever team isn’t run by jeff fisher well.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
You should start pulling for the San Francisco 49ers. They are one of the oldest franchises in the NFL, they play in a world-renowned city (although it seems to get a bad rap here in the U.S.), they have one of the most storied histories of any franchise, enjoyed more success over a 20 year period than any other team (1980-2000), the best QB of all-time played for them (Joe Montana) and the best wide receiver of all-time (Jerry Rice) and they fucking sucked this year.

But they just signed a big-time up-and-coming coach (Jim Harbaugh) to a 5 year contract, they have enough talent to warrant the claim that they are on their way up again and they have a couple of the biggest freaks of human nature in Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis. So, if you jump on the bandwagon now, you won’t be accused of being a cock-sucking front-runner, yet you (hopefully) won’t be attaching yourself to a sinking ship. You can say that you jumped aboard the Niners’ bandwagon when they weren’t good, but I think you won’t be pulling for a poor team for very long. No one likes a guy who starts following a sport and just picks the best team in the league as his new favorite team. Don’t be that guy.
[/quote]

X2

additionally, all our female fans are dime pieces. None of those overweight, bundled up beasts you see on the East Coast. Only bombshells here, minted by the surf and sun.
[/quote]

AND their cheerleaders are some of the best looking in the league… though maybe no one can compete with the DCC. They used to practice in the aerobics room and my gym and ninety five percent of them are nines and tens. The other five percent are high eights with amazing dance skills.

[quote]Outback Jack wrote:
DBCooper makes some good points, and the fact that San Fran is the closest location to me geographically they would appear to be the front runner.[/quote]

Wouldn’t San Diego be the closest location due to it being further south than San Fran?

I’m pulling for the Patriots. I didn’t have any ties to a football team prior to my marriage 5 years ago. My inlaws (especially my father in law, may he rest in peace) are from Mass and are huge Pats fans so I kinda had no choice. I live in San Diego now so I guess my second team would be the Chargers. San Diego is kinda a dangerous place to be a Pats fan though.

there is no such thing as a 10… just a 9 on a good day with with good lighting :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Amiright wrote:
there is no such thing as a 10… just a 9 on a good day with with good lighting :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

That is your opinion.

And anyways I mean ten in the vernacular sense.

When I say ten I mean as good looking a woman as I have ever seen in real life.

And what a dumb thing to argue about…

Edit: my tone is joking I see your smiley :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]postholedigger wrote:

[quote]Outback Jack wrote:
DBCooper makes some good points, and the fact that San Fran is the closest location to me geographically they would appear to be the front runner.[/quote]

Wouldn’t San Diego be the closest location due to it being further south than San Fran?

I’m pulling for the Patriots. I didn’t have any ties to a football team prior to my marriage 5 years ago. My inlaws (especially my father in law, may he rest in peace) are from Mass and are huge Pats fans so I kinda had no choice. I live in San Diego now so I guess my second team would be the Chargers. San Diego is kinda a dangerous place to be a Pats fan though.[/quote]

San Diego is also east of SF though. All I know is that the shortest flight to Hawaii is from SF and I assume that since Hawaii is generally halfway between the two, then SF is closer to Aus than SD. But it doesn’t matter cuz the Chargers and their baby blue uniforms are for fags!

well you see I put a smiley at the end to show that it was a joke so maybe when people look back and see it they may realize. I didn’t mean it in a bad way… its 6:47 I can’t think straight.

I just saw the edit… I was just trying to put a post somewhere in the thread so people would realize and such.

ok I’m bored… i’m gonna stop being dumb.

[quote]Amiright wrote:
well you see I put a smiley at the end to show that it was a joke so maybe when people look back and see it they may realize. I didn’t mean it in a bad way… its 6:47 I can’t think straight.

I just saw the edit… I was just trying to put a post somewhere in the thread so people would realize and such.

ok I’m bored… i’m gonna stop being dumb. [/quote]

And I’m cranky cuz my eyes hurt and I can’t see.

Let me just say JETS JETS JETS

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
Let me just say gay gay gay[/quote]