Aunt Jemimas Post Work Out Shake Yall

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Can’t go wrong with peanut butter in it.[/quote]

Wouldn’t the high fat content of the peanut butter slow digestion? In a PWO shake - wouldn’t you want it to be quickly assimilated? [/quote]

I think you are trying to attribute something negative to peanut butter. I’m having trouble understanding why you would do that. This sort of controversial matter should really be taken to PWI.

[quote]smeb wrote:
Well the Aunt Jemima’s that I have doesnt have any high fructose corn syrup in it. It says the main ingredient is glucose[/quote]

I don’t believe you. What’s the exact “flavor” of aunt jemima, and where do you live?

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Can’t go wrong with peanut butter in it.[/quote]

Wouldn’t the high fat content of the peanut butter slow digestion? In a PWO shake - wouldn’t you want it to be quickly assimilated? [/quote]

Yes!

[quote]smeb wrote:
Well the Aunt Jemima’s that I have doesnt have any high fructose corn syrup in it. It says the main ingredient is glucose which to my knowledge is the same thing as dextrose. So im thinking that it does go to muscle glycogen and not liver glycogen. What do you guys think? Im thinking its a good way to get my glucose intake since you can get that shit anywhere. [/quote]

I don’t have a bottle in front of me but,…
“Aunt Jemima and other syrups are made very differently than real maple syrup. Instead of being composed of sap from maple trees, human-made syrup is corn syrup, water, and of course, sugar. Although it is not made naturally, some people think it tastes a lot better than real maple syrup.”

[quote]byukid wrote:

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
Im almost sure that gatorade has a bunch of crap sugar in it, maybe even HFCS…dont qoute me. All I know is it destroys my teeth.

Also on the convo of PB, Im not a real big fan of it, been using mostly almond butter for like a year but I found this company in new york that makes dark chocolate PB and cinnamon raisin PB, worst thing in it is evaporated cane juice but MF is it tasty!![/quote]

Some bottled gatorades have/had HFCS. The powder ones have dextrose.[/quote]

That is why we are sure to point out that it must be the ‘powdered gatorade’. If I had a nickle for every lifter that ignored this fact…

Why are people recommending dietary fat in the post workout shakes?

OP I suggest you buy maltodextrin or dextrose powder in bulk. It is for sure cheaper than buying pancake syrup at a grocery store.

I also suggest you have a carb/whey shake before and during the workout and have only protein (whey/leucine/bcaa) post workout. But if you do well with post workout carbs then go for it

For those suggesting Gatorade powder → It has trans fats in case that bothers you. I’ve heard there’s a flavour without trans fat but not 100% sure.

HFCS is no good PWO because it is low glycemic

uh, I don’t have a gatorade container in front of me, but I don’t think either the powder or the liquid have any fats of any sort.

Note that the powder, while not containing HFCS, does have some sucrose (table sugar) in addition to the dextrose.

I’m still more interested in this magical aunt jemima glucose.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Why are people recommending dietary fat in the post workout shakes?

[/quote]

That’s what I said. Apparently Nards kills people when denied peanut butter… ; )

I think im gonna go with your guys advice and just buy some dextrose poweder, im sure its a lot cheaper than using aunt jemimas, but its a hell of a lot harder to find. I live in Canada btw, I could show you guys a picture that it says the first ingredient in it is glucose…lol

p.s. anyone here a redditor?!

[quote]EasyRhino wrote:
uh, I don’t have a gatorade container in front of me, but I don’t think either the powder or the liquid have any fats of any sort.

Note that the powder, while not containing HFCS, does have some sucrose (table sugar) in addition to the dextrose.

I[/quote]

If the Gatorade you’re using is the same as I get here you’re wrong. It contains hydrogenated coconut oil.

The nutritional info does not list trans fats, but hydrogenated coconut oil is listed in the ingredients.

i just checked both of my powder mixes of gatorade- neither say anything about fats on the ingredients, period.

Was someone talking shit about peanut butter while I was gone?!?!