T Nation

August Photo/Video Check-In

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

Vid from my help me fix my DL form days, so uhh, like a few months ago. I think it’s like 205 x 2 or something weak/shitty like that, LOl.

Pulled 250 on monday but I stopped filming cause my form got better :slight_smile: [/quote]

Guy in the orange shirt at :28ish looks disappointed that you crushed his DL :slight_smile:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Consul; that was epic.

What song was that? Was that all done in one session?

Im no expert, but I did see some butt-winking during your squatting. For those experts; is that acceptable?

tweet[/quote]

Thanks, man. It’s a song by A Perfect Circle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42_h8hBtWI

Yeah, it was all one session. The squat/bench/deadlift stuff at the start was just the High Frequency Strength stuff - doing sets with weights you can dominate, and stopping when you slow down; not too strenuous. The front squats was my normal leg stuff. I also did some RDLs after the front squats, but didn’t get any video.

The butt winking is a problem, but I’m really working on my mobility stuff to counteract it. Think I just have tight hips.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

Vid from my help me fix my DL form days, so uhh, like a few months ago. I think it’s like 205 x 2 or something weak/shitty like that, LOl.

Pulled 250 on monday but I stopped filming cause my form got better :slight_smile: [/quote]

I thought you were too cute to be a real person :slight_smile: I was wrong!

Solid deadlift; form looks good to me.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I got nuthin’, but just came here to say nice work to Edgy, SN, and Matty!!

Oh, and Matty, you’re a fucking beast! Yeah, I got a bro-crush!

lol[/quote]

Bro Hug Bro!

This thread has got alot of potential, you should do one of these like twice a year

Great work Yall[/quote]

Been awhile since you posted a DL vid Matty.

I guess I need to remember to bring my damn phone into the gym.[/quote]

I actually finally hit 500 for 2 singles, I got a vid somewhere on my laptop. Im such a shit puller!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I got nuthin’, but just came here to say nice work to Edgy, SN, and Matty!!

Oh, and Matty, you’re a fucking beast! Yeah, I got a bro-crush!

lol[/quote]

Bro Hug Bro!

This thread has got alot of potential, you should do one of these like twice a year

Great work Yall[/quote]

Been awhile since you posted a DL vid Matty.

I guess I need to remember to bring my damn phone into the gym.[/quote]

I actually finally hit 500 for 2 singles, I got a vid somewhere on my laptop. Im such a shit puller![/quote]

Really I missed the 500 pull fucking awesome Matty.

I didnt post it, actually Ill post in my log today…thanks bro, fucking finally!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I didnt post it, actually Ill post in my log today…thanks bro, fucking finally![/quote]

You worked hard for it Matty, now you need the 500 squat

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I got nuthin’[/quote]
Boooo. BOOOO!!!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
This thread has got alot of potential, you should do one of these like twice a year [/quote]
Yes, good idea.

(Ha, I already mentioned that somewhere in the ginormous first post. Next one will be in February so they’re six months apart. Plenty of time for everyone, vets and newbies, to make some solid progress.)

This is from June and is already in my hub, but I figure it’s recent enough. Apologies for the angryface.

I like the idea. I’m just starting to train again. I lost a lot do to back surgery in February and pretty much don’t look like I even train after that. I’m the fattest and weakest I’ve been in 3 years. The June 2011 pic is how I looked at about 240 when I could bench 315x3.

The one next to it is just 1 year later after spine surgery at a much fatter 240 where I can now only do 225x3. Keep in mind I’m sucking in my gut in that pic I also have pics in my hub of how I used to look.

I can’t lift with 100% effort right now but I am training and dieting and getting some muscle back. Ironically Feb 2013 is when the doc says my spine should be 100% healed and when I can go all out but I still hope to look 1000x better by then by dropping the fat and regaining some of the strength/muscle I lost. The proof will be in the pictures.

Here’s one from May. More in my Hub/training log. Current lifts are bench 335, squat 385 (boo I know), deadlift 510. Don’t have videos but I know it’s true and I want it here because it’ll be good to see how much I’ve improved come February!

New rule: You absolutely, positively CANNOT add the phrase “I know I’m weak but…”, “I know its not strong compared to you guys, but…” - Get rid of that mindset. Just accept where you are at and get stronger like all the rest of us are doing.

Great idea Chris.

I’ll be taking progress shots this Sunday.

Nice thread.

This is me banging out about 14 pull ups?

[quote]ChongLordUno wrote:
Nice thread.

[/quote]

So, that’s not you in your avi?

Here is the most recent picture I have from a month or so back. coming back up from a low of about 205, I was about 220 or so in the pic.

Just a pudgy guy that loves training.

There are plenty of my training vids around the forum or in my log.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

Nice thread.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, it’s some random scotsman.

I just want my legs to get motherfucking MASSSSSSSIVE.

[photo]37261[/photo]

Nice thread.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahaha! I actually thought the same!

Nice thread.

This is me banging out about 14 pull ups?[/quote]
So, that’s not you in your avi?[/quote]
No, it’s some random scotsman.[/quote]
Not gonna lie. I always thought that was you, too. And everytime, I’d think, “Well, at least the guy’s training. I hope.”

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
I just want my legs to get motherfucking MASSSSSSSIVE.[/quote]
I got the impression you don’t post many pictures other than your avatars, so thanks for contributing.