August '19 Photo/Video Check-In

This is an idea to improve the forum community, but this thread absolutely does not reflect any type of “official” T-Nation site membership requirement. It’s an idea that’s been percolating for a while, and I’m just some dude on the forum (okay, maybe that’s not so accurate anymore) who figured I’d start a thread about it.

It’s a check-in, not a call-out. The idea is to improve the sense of community and remind us all that, no matter what we post about here and what initially brought us to the site, the one common trait that every forum member should have is a consistent drive to attack our training and see results, period.

I’m asking for all forum members to post a current snapshot of themselves. And let’s try not to get too distracted or off-topic with critiques of what gets posted. There should end up being more posts with images attached, than not.

If your goals are physique-based - you want to get bigger or get leaner or get bigger and leaner - toss up a current pic.

If your goals are performance-based - the powerlifter, the fighter, the Olympic lifter, etc. - you’re not excused. You’re invited to post a short video clip from a recent training session.

I’m just asking you to participate and play a role in improving the quality of the forum as a whole by reinforcing the idea that T-Nation members know how to do more than just rack up high post counts in the non-training-related sections of the site.

Concerned about staying anonymous? Sites like pixlr are free Photoshop-like websites that make it ridiculously simple to edit/blur/obscure your face, identifying tattoos, birthmarks, background detail, or anything else that might threaten your anonymity.

So, no excuses.

Previous check-in: February 2019

2 Likes

I’ve had 66% of the house sick or injured for the last two weeks, so I’ve been on caretaker duty which means stress, easy comfort food, and no gym time. Will post up in a week or so when I’m not looking and feeling like a hot mess.

Interesting concept!! You need to provide an incentive so as to get this thing rolling!!!

Chris Colucci: “Do you still want to be able to log in or no?”

Ha! Kidding

2 Likes

:joy: Threats work too!!

It’s been rolling twice a year for the last seven years.

The incentive is “don’t be an all-talk keyboard warrior”.

4 Likes

This is a good month for me in this regard. These all come from as recently as Jul of this year.

Hit a 700lb high handle trap bar lift my second time using the bar (in my brand new dungeon-chic home gym)

And have gotten the bodyfat on the lower side while still keeping arms looking big.

12 Likes

Dammit @T3hPwnisher you set the bar too high too soon! :laughing:

1 Like

Damn you got some big ass arms bro!

You told me a few years ago that for bigger arms I should focus more on triceps than biceps. I can clearly see why!

1 Like

Thanks man. Yeah: lots of meat on triceps to make up arm circumference. And then you can just make your front delts really big too by pressing too much.

You know…for balance.

2 Likes

Still skinny. This is six weeks post-op from biceps tendon surgery (right side).

9 Likes

Not training for physique but for sports performance.

When I started lifting, I really struggled to squat 40kg for reps (yes, 10kg - bar - 10kg)

Here’s a recent squat video. Nothing heavy at all, but it’s progress. 100kg x 8 at 72kg BW

And I’ve been able to clip the ring consistently now. I’m just 5’9

6 Likes

Video of some recent dynamic work and some stuff of my son…

3 Likes

what your arms measuring in at?

I have no idea.

Young one is growing well. I like front squats with the SSB. Just works better.

Is that a buffalo bar, or a duffalo bar, or some other permutation?

1 Like

We have those on here?

jest

5 Likes

Its a buffalo… I can only use a straight bar for maybe 6 to 8 weeks before my shoulders get cranky. Lost some external rotation in the left shoulder that I didnt get back from a slap repair. Not to mention age…

Good to see more Ironmind stuff. I have the same one and thought that’s what it was, but there’s a lot of different ones out there now. Straight bars are lame, haha.

1 Like

Yeah I also got the iron mind hip belt squat and a few captain of the crush

1 Like