August '13 Photo/Video Check-in

This is an idea to improve the forum community, but this thread absolutely does not reflect any type of “official” T-Nation site membership requirement. It’s an idea that’s been percolating for a while, and I’m just some schmoe on the forum who figured I’d start a thread about it.

It’s a check-in, not a call-out. The idea is to improve the sense of community and remind us all that, no matter what we post about here and what initially brought us to the site, the one common trait that every forum member should have is a consistent drive to attack our training and see results, period.

I’m asking for all forum members to post a current snapshot of themselves. And let’s try not to get too distracted or off-topic with critiques of what gets posted. There should end up being more posts with images attached, than not.

If your goals are physique-based - you want to get bigger or get leaner or get bigger and leaner - toss up a current pic.

If your goals are performance-based - the powerlifter, the fighter, the Olympic lifter, etc. - you’re not excused. You’re invited to post a short video clip from a recent training session.

I’m just asking you to participate and play a role in improving the quality of the forum as a whole by reinforcing the idea that T-Nation members know how to do more than just rack up high post counts in the non-training-related sections of the site.

Concerned about staying anonymous? Sites like http://www.pixlr.com and http://www.fotoflexer.com are free Photoshop-like websites that make it ridiculously simple to edit/blur/obscure your face, identifying tattoos, birthmarks, background detail, or anything else that might threaten your anonymity.

So, no excuses.

Previous threads
August 2012:

December 2012:

February 2013:

April 2013:

June 2013:

6-week progress (long story short): - 4.2 pounds, - 2 1/4 inches on waist, - 1/4 inch on arms, + 1/4 to 1/2 inch on thighs, - 1/4 inch on calves. Before/4-week/8-week pictures due on Friday the 9th.

Start of Week 1
Bodyweight: 216.6
Neck: 16 1/2
Inhaled Nip Line: 43 1/2
Exhaled Navel: 37 1/4
Right Arm: 16 1/2
Left Arm: 16
Right Thigh: 25
Left Thigh: 25 1/4
Right Calf: 17
Left Calf: 16 3/4

End of Week 4, finished Complexes
Bodyweight: 212.0 (- 4.6)
Neck: 16 1/4 (- 1/4)
Inhaled Nip Line: 43 1/2 (no change)
Exhaled Navel: 35 1/4 (- 2)
2" Below Navel: 37 (was 38 1/4 at end of wk 1)
Right Arm: 16 1/4 (- 1/4)
Left Arm: 15 1/2 (- 1/2)
Right Thigh: 25 (no change)
Left Thigh: 25 (- 1/4)
Right Calf: 16 1/2 (- 1/2)
Left Calf: 16 1/4 (- 1/2)

End of Week 6, 1 week into OVT
Bodyweight: 212.4 (+ .4)
Neck: 16 1/2 (+ 1/4)
Inhaled Nip Line: 43 1/2 (no change)
Exhaled Navel: 35 (- 1/4)
2" Below Navel: 36 1/2 (- 1/2)
Right Arm: 16 1/4 (no change)
Left Arm: 15 3/4 (+ 1/4)
Right Thigh: 25 1/4 (+ 1/4)
Left Thigh: 25 1/2 (+ 1/2)
Right Calf: 16 3/4 (+ 1/4)
Left Calf: 16 1/2 (+ 1/4)

I think I missed the last check-in, but happened to take a picture last night, so here we go. My biggest improvement since my last check-in has been legs, but I don’t have a recent picture, so I’ll have to wait to post that.

EDIT: weighed in at 188 last night. That’s a body weight PR :slight_smile:

I’ll jump in on this one. Right at 200 lbs here. Can’t say I’ve made much progress lately, time to start turning things around.

Maiden those bicep peaks. Wow

Lookin beefy Maiden3.16!

I’m down to 195 from 220 in December. It’s been much slower the last few weeks/month.

Hit a current bench PR on Tuesday of 265 (not an all time PR) although my butt came up a bit.

Also finally cleaned 205!

4 weeks of dieting left, down to 175ish.

Yesterday.

3 days ago.

One more. Sorry about the sideways pic above. Can that be fixed?

Last for now. Please be upright…

I have been holding at about 210 or so.

This was taken on Monday and is the best I have for now.

Catch me in about 12 weeks… ahem

[quote]Waittz wrote:
4 weeks of dieting left, down to 175ish. [/quote]

Looking solid waitz, legs looking standout

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
4 weeks of dieting left, down to 175ish. [/quote]

Looking solid waitz, legs looking standout[/quote]

Thanks bud, now I just need to photoshop your arms onto my body and Im all set.

Omg Colucci with yet another call out thread demanding pics of everyone in their underwear in an effort to divide the community. This guy…

This is from like 10 days ago or something.

Farmer’s tan gains.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
Maiden those bicep peaks. Wow[/quote]
Thanks man. Looking at your avi looks like you have made some substantial progress over the last few years good work.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Omg Colucci with yet another call out thread demanding pics of everyone in their underwear in an effort to divide the community. This guy…[/quote]
:expressionless:

Great to see the contributions so far.

Note to lurkers: If you scan quick through the older threads, you’ll see this is definitely not about comparing to each other. Like I said, it’s a check-in, not a call-out. Putting up a pic or video, even if you’re “just getting started”, “still weak”, or “drinking butter for breakfast”, is about connecting with the community, it’s not about looking for approval.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Omg Colucci with yet another call out thread demanding pics of everyone in their underwear in an effort to divide the community. This guy…[/quote]
:expressionless:

Great to see the contributions so far.

Note to lurkers: If you scan quick through the older threads, you’ll see this is definitely not about comparing to each other. Like I said, it’s a check-in, not a call-out. Putting up a pic or video, even if you’re “just getting started”, “still weak”, or “drinking butter for breakfast”, is about connecting with the community, it’s not about looking for approval.[/quote]

Wait, what’s wrong with butter for breakfast?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Note to lurkers: If you scan quick through the older threads, you’ll see this is definitely not about comparing to each other. Like I said, it’s a check-in, not a call-out. Putting up a pic or video, even if you’re “just getting started”, “still weak”, or “drinking butter for breakfast”, is about connecting with the community, it’s not about looking for approval.[/quote]

Wait, what’s wrong with butter for breakfast?[/quote]
I meant, like, just butter. A big mug of golden warmth. Maybe I’m not a funny person either.

Either way, everyone knows only amateurs still use butter. Coconut oil or bacon fat is really where it’s at.