Aug '21 Photo/Video Check-In

what prompted that?

I didn’t want to have to cut weight (I also have to weigh in the morning of the comp). First comp I’m just going to try to enjoy it. I’m still where I’d be weight wise if I wanted to cut to 175 though. The lightweight novice also has slightly lower event weights than 175 open (not sure that logically checks out), but it takes the pressure off.

The other big difference is that there are like 20 people in LW novice which seems like a lot, compared to powerlifting anyway.

1 Like

If the novice class is that big, it should be highly competitive. So that’s good. I’d hate to see you compete below the level I think you’re capable of succeeding at. There’s probably a decent chance you’ll be up against better competition in the novice class if it’s that big. The 175 open class is getting harder and harder to fill. I totally understand not wanting to do a water cut, even a small one. Even 6-8 lbs is a pain in the ass. I’m honestly done with cuts for awhile, I’m fucking sick of it.

2 Likes

This is a short while back (4 weeks?)
A good day in the gym. This was the 3rd set of 3 at 95kg.
Working hard on the 130kg log. I think i’ll get it next year. Who knows? Maybe in Aug '22 I’ll be posting a video of that.

On an side note I might post a physique picture - I’m much bigger around the waist than I need to be / should be. But I’m feeling semi proud of everything above pecs and up.

10 Likes

I know this isn’t a form check thread, but that’s looking good! You’re getting some good pop with your leg drive. Looks like you just need to really push your static strength up to get where you want to be on the log, unless you want to switch from the push press to a jerk.

Turned 32 yesterday. Weighed in at 291 lbs at the doctors office

For comparison sake these popped up on my feed today. 13 years ago in MMA fighting shape. Right at 250 lbs and arguably the leanest I’ve ever been. I think I have managed 13 years and 3 kids all right.

In other news, my A1c dropped from 8.4 to 6.9 (under 7 is controlled, under 6.5 is perfect for diabetics).

22 Likes

Why not. It’s not a beauty contest, right?

17 Likes

That’s a whole bunch of sexy, right there!

1 Like

And beautiful must be your middle name…

1 Like

Just a place holder until I can get some better photos.

And if anyone is offended with the peek a boo crack, I’m sorry :disappointed:

12 Likes

You’re too kind. And by that I mean that while you were distracted I stole your Lazer level and socket set. :blush:

2 Likes

Up to 188.6 according to the gym scale. Started my “bulk” in May at 169 pounds. Super happy with the progress so far in 2021.

21 Likes
8 Likes

Last photo from 2018 when I started my log.

28 Likes

Super Hero lats and serratus man!

1 Like

Oh my word. Damn dude. What a transformation!!! I hope you’re proud as hell of that!

3 Likes

Thanks guys, I’m very happy with how things are going. It makes me laugh when I think about my training in younger years, I really thought it would take about 3 months to achieve that kind of a change!

3 Likes

This transformation is awesome but in no way is it surprising when I look at the hard work and consistency you have applied to your training. You should deff be proud of your journey mate. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks, I think you’ve said it recently, but the support and community from this forum really helps motivation and gives me the drive to keep pushing.

1 Like

This is incredible for 3 years. Awesome work.

1 Like