Aug '21 Photo/Video Check-In

This is an idea to improve the forum community, but this thread absolutely does not reflect any type of “official” T-Nation site membership requirement.

It’s a check-in, not a call-out. The idea is to improve the sense of community and remind us all that, no matter what we post about here and what initially brought us to the site, the one common trait that every forum member should have is a consistent drive to attack our training and see results, period.

I’m asking for all forum members to post a current snapshot of themselves. And let’s try not to get too distracted or off-topic with critiques of what gets posted. There should end up being more posts with images attached, than not.

If your goals are physique-based - you want to get bigger or get leaner or get bigger and leaner - toss up a current pic.

If your goals are performance-based - the powerlifter, the fighter, the Olympic lifter, etc. - you’re not excused. You’re invited to post a short video clip from a recent training session.

I’m just asking you to participate and play a role in improving the quality of the forum as a whole by reinforcing the idea that T-Nation members know how to do more than just rack up high post counts in the non-training-related sections of the site.

Concerned about staying anonymous? Sites like pixlr are free Photoshop-like websites that make it ridiculously simple to edit/blur/obscure your face, identifying tattoos, birthmarks, background detail, or anything else that might threaten your anonymity.

So, no excuses.

Previous check-in: Feb 2021

6 Likes

Up five-ish pounds from June 1, to 196 and change, but I’m actually pretty happy with where I’m at and how I’m feeling. Kickboxing and O lifts FTW.

Going to stay the course and keep doing what’s been doing.

14 Likes

Still alive… 231lbs in avatar pic from July 3…

[Changed pic to more recent]
Recent pic of one of my calves…

IMG_20210615_213944_479
^^ early June

20 Likes

Looking quite impressive these days. May we all gain some glory off your calves…

1 Like

Ready for my first strongman comp on the 7th.

13 Likes

Can I put my head on @T3hPwnisher’s body? No?
Anyway, here’s a shirted pic. Too many women and children nearby for a shirtless pic. 6’4" 345 lbs.

20210802_134720

8 Likes

can’t wait to hear how the show goes for you sir. I’m stoked that you’re doing this!

Why not, @DoubleDuce put popeye’s forearms on his body.

3 Likes

Hit 245 x 2 after just a few sessions back in the gym post covid

10 Likes

Check in for me. This year is all about getting back to and exceeding what I’ve done in the past. I’m keeping an eye on the long game, by swapping excess barbell work for weight vest work and calisthenics. I’m keeping conditioning up by kettle bell swings, airdyne, and running. I’m reducing beer drinking and getting back to my roots as it pertains to nutrition. Keeping it really simple. Getting close to a half century in age, and I want to keep pushing for many years to come.

12 Likes

21 Likes

The bank of gains paid up eh Chong?

I’ll get a pic up this week, glad I saw the thread this year.

1 Like

Picture of me and my bocce ball shoulders (not quite cannonballs or boulders yet)

Some recent lifts from the past month or so

315x17 squat

405x6 DL

Last set is 435x1 DL

Shooting for a 4 plate squat for reps and a 5 plate DL before the end of the year.

14 Likes

Fuck knows why that post deleted?

Aye @jdm135 mate cheques where cashed although gainflaition has hit my arms

Will sort that out over the coming months

1 Like

Thanks. Good news is that I managed to train hard and heal from some issues, so I’m feeling pretty good. I also changed from 175 open to lightweight novice, so I’ve dreamer bulked. Went all the way from 182 to 185… lol.

If this ends up being something I want to keep doing (the training has been hella fun) I’ll do 175 open. I’m also curious to see how this training cycle affects my powerlifting, my stability is vastly improved.

I heard we were cutting off heads and I got all excited…

Took this this morning. Post workout, pre lawn mowing. Last week of the mass gain phase

14 Likes

Holy Christ

You have blew the fuck up.

1 Like

Game recognizes game dude. You’ve completely transformed over these months. Been seeing a lot of great changes all over this site.

2 Likes

You changed that game @T3hPwnisher brother.

I can’t thank you enough man. Keep going :muscle:t2:

1 Like