Aug '16 Photo/Video Check-In

Begin with the end in mind…that’s well within your wheelhouse. Don’t make me pull the Navy vs Marine shit to motivate you…nothing but love my friend!!

2 Likes

From one fifty plus to another, you’re rocking it.

1 Like

Nice lifts, looking jacked!

Thank you! I’m hoping that will be my “before” pic, with an updated, improved pic by month’s end. If I can’t, that’s okay - I posted in February that I would make progress by August’s check-in, and I’ve done that, so I’m happy regardless.

1 Like

If you want to see my pathetic lifts, you can check my log; compared to the big boys here, they’re small potatoes, but I am new to it and I really enjoy it.

But, this is better.

At the beach (river) with my family, post deadlift, having fun.

10 Likes

I dunno, you look like you’ve taken care of yourself. That’s half the battle, right? Big lifts will come in time or they won’t, but it doesn’t look like you’ve squandered your health.

Good job.

1 Like

That really means a lot coming from you dude; much appreciated. Yeah, the axle is forcing me to stay honest on my pulls. I can’t just hitch and jerk the bar through the lockout anymore. Although I’m hoping that, once I get my axle to 650, that means I can hitch and jerk the deadlift bar to 700, haha.

Great to hear from you!

Thanks dude! You’re looking solid too. Your hard work definitely shows.

1 Like

435X2 after 405X3 for beltless pause squats. I did this in prep for a meet in July that I needed to do to qualify for nationals. I’m running coan/phillipi right now so I might drop a deadlift video in a few weeks when the weight starts to get heavy, or some front squat fun.

4 Likes

I like the hand thing you have going on for the deadlift.

Ha ha. At first I was like “what’s he talking about, not using straps?”. Then it dawned on me.

I do the hand shake before I pull. I have no idea why I do that, I just always have.

You’re looking stout, young man!

1 Like

EVERYONE LOOKS AMAZING!!! Honestly as a newbie it’s intimidating to see especially the strong ladies :smiley: I’ll get there and seeing this is absolutely some motivation for me. Fantastic!

2 Likes

Thanks. And yeah, the hand shaking looks a bit silly though it is probably from adrenaline, or something like that. It is definitely either a really good way to distract a judge, or make him focus even more on your lift. Really impressive lift too, congrats on getting 5 plates.

Well on your way to 20 (just not too fast :pokerface:)

1 Like

Maybe the most impressive thing posted here. Great job.

3 Likes

I agree! The entire thing fills me with joy. You look great.

2 Likes

holy shit! 12 pull ups is awesome

1 Like

I concur. Women banging off pull-ups are a rarity. Even more so in their mid-40s like Puff.

1 Like

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words everyone.

@anon50325502, I don’t think you have to worry about me hitting 20 real soon. I’m pretty sure you’re going to win this one. I seem to be a bit stuck at about 15. Maybe if I use straps and just hang there and rest once I hit the wall but that’s probably cheating.

@DoubleDuce - It’s very fun to see your Oly lifting on your backyard platform. I learned the snatch progression tonight and just had so much fun. My flexibility for ballet is all good for this. I don’t know why I’ve been afraid to try. I missed the Olympic trials for Rio by a hair. Dammit! Now I’ll have to wait another 4 years.

@EmilyQ - Thanks so much! I get tremendous joy out of my training. @ “looking great”, back at ya, Em.

@Yogi1 - Thank you! Remember, I don’t weigh 200 pounds or more like a lot of you guys.

@kpsnap - Thanks so much! It’s been so nice to have other women here who love doing this. Congrats on bringing your bench back up post-surgery. We tend to value the things we really have to work for more than the things that come easily, so I can see why you feel happy about that one.

1 Like

Effing meow, this is badass!

1 Like

I like looking good, to the extent I do, but what I love most is how great I get to feel. Every time I exceed my own expectations, I feel pure, unadulterated joy. Days that begin with a hard work out are better at work - I know I walk differently when I’m in a really good place. When I shift while sitting at work and can feel my obliques or lats, especially after I’ve been injured or slacked off for a period of time and am newly back in the game, it just feels GOOD.

2 Likes