Audi A4 or S4 Owners

[quote]swivel wrote:
quattro isn’t just awesome in snow , it’s awesome everywhere. dry, wet, dirt, gravel. prolly what i like best about it is the ability to launch into traffic without wheelspin on any surface/grade/angle. [/quote]

Very true. I don’t have much experience with Quattro specifically, but AWD vehicles are awesome for a variety of reasons.

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
LowfatMatt wrote:

So, I guess that might not be the best option, considering he wants it to be good in snow. I’d love RWD too, but taking one of those up snowboarding? Hmmm… I think not.

Oh shut up with your reality-based thinking. M5’s rule!

They are nice… I’ll grant you that. But unless it was at least my second car, I would not have a RWD car here in Colorado. And there again, that’s just me. You see people driving them in the snow all the time around the city. But up in the mountains… well, that’s another story.[/quote]

Matt, my budget is $14000’ish. I’m buying used!!! I was talking hypothetically. In Connecticut the M5 wont be the best option for the winter but I would make due to own that beauty if I had the dough. Its a monster!

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

I’d get an M5 if I was going to spend that money

Exxxactly, good man.

However, those upper-end Audi’s are freakin’ beautiful for sure…[/quote]

No doubt but there is a difference between a BMW and an Audi. Audi’s S8 is a fucking monster though, but then so is BMW’s 750i…! Too bad neither are straight up manual.

This was my beauty!

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

Matt, my budget is $14000’ish. I’m buying used!!! I was talking hypothetically. In Connecticut the M5 wont be the best option for the winter but I would make due to own that beauty if I had the dough. Its a monster![/quote]

Yeah, I wasn’t sure what your budget was. I wasn’t really being serious when I suggested the RS4, but it is one that I’d love (probably goes without saying).

May not yield much, but have you checked CraigsList? Motor vehicles come and go pretty fast there…

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
May not yield much, but have you checked CraigsList? Motor vehicles come and go pretty fast there…[/quote]

I’m going to stay away from CL. I check autotrader.com, carmax.com, ebay.com, cars.com ever day a few times a day. I’m still livid at losing that Imola S4. I bet the bastard doesnt have the funds and it will end up back on Ebay soon!

BMW just announced the 335i to replace the 330i. Its a 300hp 300lbs torque twin turbo sedan, which matched their recently announce 330i coup. I wish I had the money to get that beast. Those machines are going to be mod fests with their twin turbos. BMW claims ZERO turbo lag.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
BMW just announced the 335i to replace the 330i. Its a 300hp 300lbs torque twin turbo sedan, which matched their recently announce 330i coup. I wish I had the money to get that beast. Those machines are going to be mod fests with their twin turbos. BMW claims ZERO turbo lag.[/quote]

I did see this. Looks sick.

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
I did see this. Looks sick.[/quote]

Yeah, I was never much of a fan of BMW’s. But this is nice as hell.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Yeah, I was never much of a fan of BMW’s.
[/quote]

Get out of my thread with that nonsense!

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Get out of my thread with that nonsense![/quote]

My thoughts exactly. That’s like saying that you’ve never been much of a fan of boobs, or orgasms…

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
That’s like saying that you’ve never been much of a fan of boobs, or orgasms…[/quote]

Or nooners and boobs

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Get out of my thread with that nonsense!

My thoughts exactly. That’s like saying that you’ve never been much of a fan of boobs, or orgasms…[/quote]

Bauer, do you even fit in a BMW?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Bauer, do you even fit in a BMW?

[/quote]

Barely

dont buy one,

its still a nazi wagon and they still want to rule the world.

Mick.

[quote]supermick wrote:
dont buy one,

Mick.[/quote]

Blow me!

I bought a used 98 A4 3 yrs ago. Its a freaking money pit… ie…Had a slow gasket leak… Several Audi large Audi dealers quoted me abt $1200 (I’m in New Jersey).

I was shocked when I heard the quote… they said, 'well, the gasket is only a few dollars but the labor…etc). I took it to a neighborhood repair guy and he changed the gasket for abt $250. Also becareful with after market warranties.

Most of them wont cover bumper to bumper with cars over 50,000 miles…Mine didn’t cover the gasket.

German cars are great when they’re in the factory warranty period… otherwise be prepare to pay outragious repair cost if the car ever needs servicing… this is true for BMWs as well (I had a 95 turbo M3). All wheel drive aside, in my case the BMW was alot more reliable than the Audi.

My girl has an A4. Her brother has the S4 and her sister has yet another A4.
They are great cars IMHO.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
supermick wrote:
dont buy one,

Mick.

Blow me![/quote]

No, but i’ll happily attack you with your golf clubs.