AUC Full Veil Ban Challenged

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Genetics plays a role in behavior.

Look, a racist came out of the closet…

[/quote]

WTF? You have never heard of nature vs nurture?

[quote]lixy wrote:
pat36 wrote:
Genetics plays a role in behavior.

Look, a racist came out of the closet…

[/quote]

I never brought up Gary Sheffeild.

I’m just wondering out loud how people decide what constitutes sexist and un-sexist covering of women?

It seems many of the people who disagree with women being covered in veils would scream bloody murder if women walked naked down the street (I’m not referring to anyone in particular).

It seems that head coverings only seem strange to us because we’re unacustomed (for the life of me can’t figure out how to spell it, sorry (and yes, I’m too lazy to use a dictionary)) to them. Some tribes of people whose women walk around naked might also view our clothed women as strange and unnecessary.

Just a thought I had.

[quote]Agressive Napkin wrote:
I’m just wondering out loud how people decide what constitutes sexist and un-sexist covering of women?

It seems many of the people who disagree with women being covered in veils would scream bloody murder if women walked naked down the street (I’m not referring to anyone in particular).

It seems that head coverings only seem strange to us because we’re unacustomed (for the life of me can’t figure out how to spell it, sorry (and yes, I’m too lazy to use a dictionary)) to them. Some tribes of people whose women walk around naked might also view our clothed women as strange and unnecessary.

Just a thought I had.[/quote]

Your screen name cracks me up…