T Nation

ATTN: PC Gamers!

The HP Blackbird:

I started drooling reading over the specs . . . and it's a damn fine-looking machine.

Disclaimer: I am an HP employee.

So.... you'll be hooking us all up with the secret employee discount, right? Cool man. Real cool.

Cool case I guess. I'd still rather build my own for about half the price.

Heck, I don't know if I would even get my discount.

I hear ya. If I could get just the case (and it might be possible), I'll gut my existing gaming PC and port everything over. When Dell came out with the XPS 700, I was gonna buy that case but ended up going with something else. I think the case for this Blackbird is much nicer than the one for the XPS 7x0's, though. And I'm not just saying that because I work for HP.

The blackbird case is nice and the fact that everything (especially the motherboard) is black is also a nice touch.

However, the price is absolutely absurd and anyone who pays that deserves to have their toes smashed with little hammers.

No doubt. It's always cheaper to build it yourself. It's really not that hard to do, as long as you very carefully make sure you order exactly what you need. When I built my first one, I accidently got a case that was 4 inches too small to fit the motherboard. D'oh!

In any case, it is a sexy machine though.

Ridiculously overpriced. Most PC gamers are fine with a $1200 or cheaper PC they put together themselves.

That case is fantastic! HP would probably make more money in the long run if they made the case available for individual sale.