Attn: Coach Davies

Hello, I have a fight 8 weeks from Monday, and I just purchased phase I of your Renegade program for MMA, but I have a few questions about the program and its exercises, so if you’re here, I’d appreciate the info. What is the “ab circuit?” What are tire strikes, medicine ball wood chops + jumps, and v-sits? Also, I assume the big and small circuits refer to sprinting? Finally, is there something I can reasonably substitute in for sled dragging, as I don’t happen to possess one? Thanks again. I can’t wait to start this Monday

Jason, as a fellow Renegade I can answer some of your questions.

Abdominal Circuit – perform each movement by touching toes x 10

1. legs straight up and together
  2. legs straight up and spread apart
  3. legs up in “L” shape, bent at knees as if over bench (touch 1-2 feet above knees)
  4. standard situp (touch 1-2 above knees)
  5. side sit (right side)
  6. side sit (left side)
  7. standard situp (touch 1-2 above knees)
  8. legs up in “L” shape, bent at knees as if over bench (touch 1-2 feet above knees)
  9. legs straight up and spread apart
  10. legs straight up and together

Tire Strikes - use sledge hammer or ax and strike an old tire.

Med ball woodchops see this link for photos

V sits - sit ups where you lift upper body and legs into a V.

Sprinting Circuits ??? No idea - have to wait for Coach.

Sled dragging - tie a rope on the tire you are going to get to stike and pull it around. Note - most tire stores will give you used tires free since they have to pay to get rid of them.

In faith- Matt

Thanks a bundle, dude. Hopefully, the Coach will tell me what the circuits are.

Jason - I will send your answer via email immediately. Not sure if you have already and there was a problem but please always try contacting via email first. In faith, Coach Davies