Attitube Training Tool

Just been watchin’ this show called “Dragon’s Den” up here in Canada on CBC and there was this one segment on a training tool called the “Attitube”. Basically it’s like a barbell but instead it is a tube filled with water. Sorta like chains (that don’t hit the ground) on a regular barbell.

Here is the link for you guys to watch.

god damnit, why didn’t I think of that.

Yeah I saw that episode too, seemed kinda cool. Problem is, all of them aren’t really that heavy. However, imagine a regular sized barbell with water inside and you could put plates on it.

Seems like a cool idea.

I think it looks pretty cool, however, if you started adding plates to it to make it really heavy, then this could be an injury waiting to happen if the heavy weight gets unstable.

[quote]Theta1591 wrote:
I think it looks pretty cool, however, if you started adding plates to it to make it really heavy, then this could be an injury waiting to happen if the heavy weight gets unstable.[/quote]

I guess you would need a very good trustworthy spot if you were to do squats or something with those. I still think it would be a cool idea if done under the righ circumstances with a trustworthy training party.

Well for heavier weights they could simply use a more viscous fluid, or a mixture of 2-3 different fluids. Or use fine sand in place of water - which brings me to my suggestion

the guy could just use a sandbag with handles attached to it, lol.

Search: Slosh Pipe

Yeah Dan John has an article mentioning it:

[quote]theuofh wrote:
Yeah Dan John has an article mentioning it:

that article was the first thig i thought of when i saw that. that thing has great potental though. and i liked the idea of the sand. that dude should have done some reserch on T-Nation before goin on that show lol. they might have back him then, but he is a terrible salesman. ha ha

Apparently he got into production.
http://www.attitube.ca/