Attention T-Cell Members

I don’t mean to add to all the bullshit drama, but if you are posting training advice in T-cell Alpha and you are not displaying your stats or pictures in your profile, what is your excuse?

Seriously. This has been brought up in several other threads, but it has gotten buried in the responses and no one has really addressed it.

It’s not good enough to say that your picture or info was posted years ago in a thread somewhere.

What’s the deal?

I do believe that I should only listen to those who walk the walk. Most of you yourselves claim to subscribe to this. This argument has been beaten to death: Listen to the big guys.

And T-Cell Alpha was in part created because bullshit advice gets posted in the bodybuilding section by people who don’t even train but just parrot the latest trend or author.

And if nothing else, it will at least help your credibility, and if you are truly accomplished – more readers will take you seriously, especially the new readers who have not followed everything you have written since 2002 or whatever.

Respect to all who put their info and pictures on display. But to those who haven’t, seriously, with all the arguments for doing so, what is your excuse?

BTW – T-Cell appears to be an awesome thing. Lots of good threads and good discussions. I respect the hell out of many of you – bodybuilders and strength guys alike.

[quote]Gael wrote:
I don’t mean to add to all the bullshit drama, but if you are posting training advice in T-cell Alpha and you are not displaying your stats or pictures in your profile, what is your excuse?

Seriously. This has been brought up in several other threads, but it has gotten buried in the responses and no one has really addressed it.

It’s not good enough to say that your picture or info was posted years ago in a thread somewhere.

What’s the deal?

I do believe that I should only listen to those who walk the walk. Most of you yourselves claim to subscribe to this. This argument has been beaten to death: Listen to the big guys.

And T-Cell Alpha was in part created because bullshit advice gets posted in the bodybuilding section by people who don’t even train but just parrot the latest trend or author.

And if nothing else, it will at least help your credibility, and if you are truly accomplished – more readers will take you seriously, especially the new readers who have not followed everything you have written since 2002 or whatever.

Respect to all who put their info and pictures on display. But to those who haven’t, seriously, with all the arguments for doing so, what is your excuse?

BTW – T-Cell appears to be an awesome thing. Lots of good threads and good discussions. I respect the hell out of many of you – bodybuilders and strength guys alike.

[/quote]

I don’t participate because I have limited time to mess around on the net, didn’t see the need for this forum and generally think the idea was a little silly.

Now I was invited in, but I"m content with the little posting I do on the strength sports forum and off topic.

[quote]Gael wrote:

What’s the deal?

[/quote]

As for the credibility stuff, are you serious? This is the internet, it’s not the real world.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Now I was invited in, but I"m content with the little posting I do on the strength sports forum and off topic.[/quote]

Ditto.

[quote]tom63 wrote:

As for the credibility stuff, are you serious? This is the internet, it’s not the real world.

[/quote]

Your children will no doubt be living their lives with constant access to the internet for nearly every transaction. This argument that this isn’t the real world makes little sense. Yes, for now, you can operate under the veil of anonymity (to SOME degree). If anyone thinks that will last even another 10-15 years they aren’t very aware of technology.

[quote]Gael wrote:
I don’t mean to add to all the bullshit drama…[/quote]

so you have to be big to give sound advice?

[quote]djwhizkid wrote:
so you have to be big to give sound advice?[/quote]

It certainly gives credibility.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
djwhizkid wrote:

It certainly gives credibility.[/quote]

do you have to be big though?

[quote]djwhizkid wrote:
so you have to be big to give sound advice?[/quote]

here comes the debate again, lol

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
djwhizkid wrote:

here comes the debate again, lol[/quote]

im just giving shit…lol. i understand what lanky means and what you mean.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
djwhizkid wrote:

here comes the debate again, lol[/quote]

Yeah, I’m putting this to rest before Prof X storms in here and goes all postal on everyone.

Having a good depth of experience in strength and/or mass building usually leads to better advice obtained through experience.

Pics will usualy illustrate this. Not many people get bigger or stronger just reading articles and philosophising. None that I know of anyways.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
djwhizkid wrote:

here comes the debate again, lol

Yeah, I’m putting this to rest before Prof X storms in here and goes all postal on everyone.[/quote]

i was joking guys :D. X dont get me. Hopefully when i get my stuff together i can focus on gaining wieght and nothing else.

I have found that it in the past it doesn’t matter how big you are, how strong you are or how good you look. What matters most is that you are doing this shit that we love, day in and day out. You are dedicated to learn, to listen,and then go out on your own and find what works the best for you.

That is what is great of any type of strength related athletics. You push your self to the extreme, to the point were you ask yourself can I get just one more rep or one more tire flip. You have the balls while others just sit there and wish they could do what we do. They are wannabes. Feel proud that you are part of this crazy, fucked up world.

I highly recommend being in the T-Cell, at least for a moment. T’was the shining moment of my life…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I highly recommend being in the T-Cell, at least for a moment. T’was the shining moment of my life…

[/quote]

Dude, you really need to let it go.

If I apologize and say you were right about everything, do you promise to let it go? By let it go I mean never post about it ever again?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Dude, you really need to let it go.

If I apologize and say you were right about everything, do you promise to let it go? By let it go I mean never post about it ever again?[/quote]

But I’m only doing what you guys said I do all the time. You booted me for this sort of behavior. I’m giving you what you wanted. You get to say: ‘Aha, see! dickwad nominated himself! (your words).’ I don’t see why you’d be upset if I fulfill what you guys wanted.

Anyway, enough is enough. Please enjoy your Alpha thingee where you can all be safe and protected.

Best wishes,

HH

[quote]biggjames wrote:
I have found that it in the past it doesn’t matter how big you are, how strong you are or how good you look. What matters most is that you are doing this shit that we love, day in and day out. You are dedicated to learn, to listen,and then go out on your own and find what works the best for you.

That is what is great of any type of strength related athletics. You push your self to the extreme, to the point were you ask yourself can I get just one more rep or one more tire flip. You have the balls while others just sit there and wish they could do what we do. They are wannabes. Feel proud that you are part of this crazy, fucked up world.[/quote]

Most people who do push themselves to an extreme on a regular basis LOOK LIKE it. Unless someone is just extremely weak genetically, the guy busting his ass in the gym and the kitchen for several years is NOT going to be passed by on the street and considered to be someone who rarely has seen the inside of a gym.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
tom63 wrote:

Your children will no doubt be living their lives with constant access to the internet for nearly every transaction. This argument that this isn’t the real world makes little sense. Yes, for now, you can operate under the veil of anonymity (to SOME degree). If anyone thinks that will last even another 10-15 years they aren’t very aware of technology.

[/quote]

True for so many things doc, but really, you want to lift weights, you need to get around big strong guys who lift weights. I saw you said a few times about how many people here that don’t even train.

I do train, but I learned more about training by doing it than talking about it. You can get some technical knowledge on training here, but you need to lift, eat, and rest.

And get around people who are better that do it.

I’m not that anonymous, really. I post over at Elite in the Q&A. Dave Tate trusted my knowledge and ability to answer questions, after meeting me and being treated by me.

Of course some of of the initial stuff was based from the net, like a few orders for stuff, but most was from face to face.

I don’t want to discount the useful nature of the net, but like any tool you need to use it properly.

You can talk cooking all you want, but you need to fire up that grill to make a great steak, just as you need to fire a gun at a range, ride a motorcycle, or lift weights.

I assume you’re a pretty big strong guy, I think you posted a pic once if I recall. I would learn more from you as a newbie in person as opposed to net jockeys that don’t lift.